Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Just saw 'Requim For A Dream'

slashone

Originally posted by slashone

I have to say this is a disturbing movie. I have seen Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Trainspoting, but this movie is just insane. Thank god I did not watch it high. Has anyone else seen this movie???

Yeah I have the DVD, very disturbing movie, but very well made I must say. I was looking for Fear and Loathing in LV today on DVD and couldn't find that piece anywhere, so I bought Blade... Hot movie.

OMG yeah that movie was just f*&$'d up I could barely look at a needle for weeks after seeing that shit. I mean just like twisted

makes ya never wanna take herion that's for sure. Or any other drug where I gotta sticka needle in my body. ehh

:blown:

My favorite movie ever....

I mean, there's not much to say. I didn't think it was all "disturbing", more like very powerful.

The things in there isn't some totally remote fantasy, it's more like the darker side of real life that we don't see...

sigh.....sheer beauty, as it were........

Oh my god....fucking amazing movie. Possibly one of the best integrations of music into a film that I've ever seen. Just non-stop, relentless, disturbing music all through the last 20 minutes - nothing let you disengage - you HAD to watch and listen. Absolutely fucking incredible. DEFINITELY check it out. But DEFINITELY not while you're high. :)

requiem for a dream was like hell - just when you think its over they bring it to another level of absolute insanity. my friend and i had trouble walking after that film. we were in the cosi across the street and we were shaking - the waitress asked "did you just see requiem for a dream?" apparently we weren't the first :P

definitely not a film to watch:

- on a date

- under the infulence of anything

(i'm gonna be on television!)

rob

That movie is fucking crazy. My hand was fucking shaking ater watching that shit. For all you people who like fear and loathing try Where the Buffalo Roam with bill Murray. The movie is based on the legend of Hunter S Thompson who wrote Fear and Loathing.

What a fucking insane, moving movie! I saw it a dozen times. Never seems to get old.. it is distubing, but at the same time, very powerful..

Only other movie that I can relate it to as far as being disturbing yet incredibly powerful and moving is:

American History X

I saw the unedited version on Valium and a 40. I just watched the whole thing with my jaw dropping down. When it ended, all my friends and I just sat there for a minute in silence, trying to get our heads together. Definitely one of the most disturbing movies ever. It just builds and builds, you expect it to peak at some point and get better, but it just gets worse and worse. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again.