Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OMG I went to Joeys last night

tempkid

yo!!

i went to Joey's a few weeks ago on a thrusday...

the worst muzik ive heard in a long ass time..

Jersey Chesse to the fullest..ill never go again on a thursday..

Sunday are ok if you want to look at some nice Honnies and go home alone and Beat your meat..

Overall Joey's Muzik is poor...Denny will Supply the quality sound for us all!!

Originally posted by eviljav666

yo!!

i went to Joey's a few weeks ago on a thrusday...

the worst muzik ive heard in a long ass time..

Jersey Chesse to the fullest..ill never go again on a thursday..

Sunday are ok if you want to look at some nice Honnies and go home alone and Beat your meat..

Overall Joey's Muzik is poor...Denny will Supply the quality sound for us all!!

Only thing good about last night were the girls. Packed with girls, and the blackhaus was good also.

Jav I used to go every thursday last year, and at times Calle wasn't bad for a jersey club on a thursday. I don't understand why he would just fuck up his sets like he does .

Yea, I was there a few weeks back and was also not a fan of the random hip hop session. They said that they incorporated it in bring in a larger crowd...I MEAN.....who goes to JOEYS to hear HIP HOP anyway???? I doubt that will be a problem tonight.

Originally posted by tempkid

Only thing good about last night were the girls. Packed with girls, and the blackhaus was good also.

Jav I used to go every thursday last year, and at times Calle wasn't bad for a jersey club on a thursday. I don't understand why he would just fuck up his sets like he does .

Bro the Guys sucks who ever that is..when i was there he played Hip-Hop...He tries Scratching has no skills whats so ever..

Hip-Hop and Tech Dj's are the real DJ of Today..

Scratching, cutting, thats a skill..

iam not the greatest but i my skill level is Beyond that Johnson..he's terrible..he should stick to his cheese and forget the hip-hop because he has no SKILL!!!!!!!!

I try not to answer these kinds of comments because I know a lot of people take it as an invitation to get nasty but in the spirit of honest feedback here goes:

I am not personally a huge fan of playing hip hop on Thursdays at Joey's. I argued back and forth with the promoters and the owner to no avail.

They want a "party" type of atmosphere as opposed to an underground vibe. I was told to play more vocals and a set of hip hop every night at around 1 AM -I am not kidding you!

In their defense, I have also noticed that Thursdays have gotten busier since I have made the changes I was told to make.

In all honesty, if it was my call, I would love to play a more tribal/housey format on Thursdays. After 15 years of playing up and down the radio dial and all of New Jersey biggest clubs, I know how to make a compromise with what I want to hear, what the crowd wants to hear and what my boss wants to hear. (In the past three or four years you could also add promoters to that equation.) Everybody is Quincy Jones.

I do not claim to be a world class Hip Hop DJ. I do the best I can and I try to have fun while I am at it. Admittedly there are most definitely those among you who could tear me up at cutting and scratching. I can deal with that.

When I was a young up and coming DJ, I too passed comments about other DJ's skills and programming choices. When I actually got behind the decks in a real nightclub instead of making a tape in my basement, I started to understand a little more about fiction versus non-fiction.

Within the limitations that the man who cuts my check has given me, I will definitely try to be more conscious of how I program this Thursday night coming up. Hopefully, some of you will leave a little happier this week.

You will hear hip hop and you will hear the 5 "cheesy" vocals that 75% of the club wants to hear because Thursday nights are a musical democracy. You will also hear some tracks that you might want to hear and some of the other people might not.

We'll just all have to deal with that for now.

Stop in for a drink, talk to me about music-I love to listen to constructive criticism - and dish it out.

I hope you all receive this conversation about our difference of opinions as an open line of communication and no disrespect to anyone in particular.

Thanks for your time.

I think feedback from dj's on this board is great.

I've been going to Joey's on thursday's for years now, and I am also not a fan of hip hop. But in the past Joey's has always done well on thursday's from the fall through the spring, summer's are never good for any of the clubs up north, and thats why I think that hip hop is most likely not the reason why attendence has gone up. Vocals and some cheese is fine on a thursday, like myself alot of people just go there to hang out oppose to going to a bar.

I have to say that I don't know one person who is happy when the hip hop goes on, it truly makes alot of people almost stop in there tracks and stare around as to say, " how do you go from jessica folker to shoot to kill, or some old hip hop song, and why?" I believe most people would rather a half hour of old house music, lately older house has been pretty popular.

I also understand that dj's have a job to do, but you gotta play what the crowd wants and unfortunately that may sometimes conflict with what the owners or promoters want. Just like how the young girls on thursday want the KTU vocals, I and many others don't want the hip hop.

I've enjoyed thursdays for years now and I think would she keep it Jersey Guido style.

Originally posted by georgecalle

Dear Tommy,

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass it on to the owner and the promoters.

I'll keep you posted.

Keep the hip hop out

It got packed all the time last year with out it.

You were great last year when you played tribal,proggressive,vocal house. Most people I talked to said they won't come back if Hip hop stays. If I want to go to a hip hop spot, I'll go Speed. Did you see the reaction last week when it came on?

I try not to answer these kinds of comments because I know a lot of people take it as an invitation to get nasty but in the spirit of honest feedback here goes:

I am not personally a huge fan of playing hip hop on Thursdays at Joey's. I argued back and forth with the promoters and the owner to no avail.

They want a "party" type of atmosphere as opposed to an underground vibe. I was told to play more vocals and a set of hip hop every night at around 1 AM -I am not kidding you!

In their defense, I have also noticed that Thursdays have gotten busier since I have made the changes I was told to make.

In all honesty, if it was my call, I would love to play a more tribal/housey format on Thursdays. After 15 years of playing up and down the radio dial and all of New Jersey biggest clubs, I know how to make a compromise with what I want to hear, what the crowd wants to hear and what my boss wants to hear. (In the past three or four years you could also add promoters to that equation.) Everybody is Quincy Jones.

I do not claim to be a world class Hip Hop DJ. I do the best I can and I try to have fun while I am at it. Admittedly there are most definitely those among you who could tear me up at cutting and scratching. I can deal with that.

When I was a young up and coming DJ, I too passed comments about other DJ's skills and programming choices. When I actually got behind the decks in a real nightclub instead of making a tape in my basement, I started to understand a little more about fiction versus non-fiction.

Within the limitations that the man who cuts my check has given me, I will definitely try to be more conscious of how I program this Thursday night coming up. Hopefully, some of you will leave a little happier this week.

You will hear hip hop and you will hear the 5 "cheesy" vocals that 75% of the club wants to hear because Thursday nights are a musical democracy. You will also hear some tracks that you might want to hear and some of the other people might not.

Stop in for a drink, talk to me about music-I love to listen to constructive criticism - and dish it out.

I hope you all receive this conversation about our difference of opinions as an open line of communication and no disrespect to anyone in particular.

Thanks for your time.

Cool!!!!!!

that your job and you want to keep..i think most of us on the board understand where you are coming from..

LUCK

"BEATNUTS" WE GET PROPS OVER HERE

I get stoned everyday~~got nothing else do~~getting drunk with my nigga's till the night threw!!

Originally posted by ch0sen0ne

LADY TALKING OUTTA YOUR ASS AGAIN ARE WE???

I'M GLAD YOU'RE GETTING SATISFACTION OUT OF FALSE PRETENSES BUT THAT'S OK....IF ONLY YOUR FIANCE KNOW WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOUR OUT AND WASTED

HMMMMM.....THE STORIES I HAVE.....

Hey pussy:mad: Why you stating with Lady, I'm the tough guy who called ou Mr. Clean. Whats a matter, got to start with a female because you can't step to the plate aganst a man fucker.

You bitch ass pussy, you know I would break your fucking teeth.

I'M GLAD YOU'RE GETTING SATISFACTION OUT OF FALSE PRETENSES BUT THAT'S OK....IF ONLY YOUR FIANCE KNOW WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOUR OUT AND WASTED

The only stories you have a from fucking dr. seuss!! Truth hurts huh buddy - sorry if you were slighted in the hair gene pool. Usually what you lack in hair you could always make up in personality - but you fall short in that department too. BTW - how's area 3??

....IF ONLY YOUR FIANCE KNOW WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOUR OUT AND WASTED

BTW - if you knew ANYTHING about me or my fiancee, you would know that there isn't A DAMN thing that we don't tell each other! So you can talk all you want about THE STORIES you THINK you have, because that's all they are is STORIES!!!

Originally posted by ladybijan22

BTW - if you knew ANYTHING about me or my fiancee, you would know that there isn't A DAMN thing that we don't tell each other! So you can talk all you want about THE STORIES you THINK you have, because that's all they are is STORIES!!!

How sad is it when you hook up with a board RANDOM!!!! :eek: If that's not bad enough.....you have personal ads too. You may have a size 14 foot....but what do you expect when you are 6'4??? To have a size 7??? That's ok....according to your "little date" says your foot size should be around a size 2!!!!

LOL!!!

ya gotta feel bad for those guys! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey didn't I see your ugly, sweaty ass at SF Saturday? I thought you were bad at Temps, but God at SF the horrors! :eek: :eek:

Thanks for your time.

the girls that are under 21 mostly love the hip hop. They go crazy when it comes on. Personally, I do not like it, and many as my friends dont like it either. Calle kept it to a maximum of 15 minutes last week. Joey Jr. is not getting wise in is old age. j/k :laugh:

I think I could handle the hip pop for 15 minutes, but no more than that. Keep on the good work Calle.

Thanks for your time.

Hey George haven't seen or since Fridays at Bermuda.

HI! Me and gary will have to stop up and say hi on a Thurday.

Originally posted by ceeotter

Hey George haven't seen or since Fridays at Bermuda.

HI! Me and gary will have to stop up and say hi on a Thurday.

Are you bringing Costello???? He was up his ass alot when he was at Bermuda!! LOL...But i must admitt,Calle was alot better then "the Pulse" when he was at the surf club.....If im not mistaken George had something to do with Amadeus 2000 remix,which is one of my all time favorites!!..If so,nice job...