Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Centro-fly: Further & further downhill

Hell I just go to Vinyl. No drama, no asshole door people and it's real simple and basic. It's 100% music, and little else. Danny spins for 10+ hours straight per night and the crowd is bumpin' the whole time through.

True that you should do it for the DJ you love, and i just happen to think DT is the awesomest, so I go. Besides it's 20 bux and you'll never get shit from anybody there. Best part is, the club owner isn't concerned with packing the place to capacity every night, and it shows.

That's my $.02

A person I know was taken by the orange gang and shaken down... everything PLUS his cash. They did leave him with $20 for the ride home (very nice of them). This happened some time ago (in club time) and around closing time. However, I have never have had a problem with anyone. The music is great and I like the people who are there. Perhaps they just didn't like him...

Originally posted by cesarleo

Aside from all the BS.....the bottom line is they are one of the few places to step to the plate and offer a great lineup of DJ's on a consistent basis!:cool:

TRUE.

and i still hope to see ritchie hawtin there.

(the night he would've been there [guess which - i don't want to say it] is supposedly getting rescheduled... anyone know?)

Originally posted by cesarleo

Aside from all the BS.....the bottom line is they are one of the few places to step to the plate and offer a great lineup of DJ's on a consistent basis!:cool:

not entirely true. vinyl is bringing in some excellent talent as well. but neither CF or Vinyl booked this many star dj's until TWILO closed. somebody had to pick up the slack, too bad these two venues aren't about five times as large as they are.

I had fun at Centro-Fly everytime I go. I think the security guard is nice because last time when me and 4 other girls went for FDNYPD benefit party. They let us in with $20.00 because we told the security guard we don't have $40.00. I never have trouble go to Centro-Fly. :)

Guest saleen351

My 2 cents,

the orange jump suit guys..WTF, losers.... Hard time to get in, place sucked. Music is not my style but I can adapt but the only 2 beers I can drink were imatation hienken and corona...WTF they try and make it seem they are upscale, (at least that nite) but 2 fake beers....Lamo, I can drink real beer here in NJ...Never going back again....

Originally posted by mugwump

The alternatives ARE the best shit now for my $$ (or for free)

But soon I suspect they will also start to charge crazy ammounts of money!

*Filter 14

*Guernica

*Baktun

*Izzy Bar

*Halcyon

*Jah Lounge (when Z spins)

*Leps

*The street

*Opium Den

*Shine..

Completely agree with you, but the shitty part is that only a couple of the aboved places allow dancing. We all love the city's Cabaret License law, don't we? :rolleyes:

I'd like to add Plant Bar to that list..

But anyway, CENTRO-FLY IS NOT THAT BAD! I had a lot of fun the last time I was there for H-Foundation. I agree, the club's novelty has worn off, but it's still a good club. The drinks/water is ridiculously expensive, but where is it not? Tunnel used to not allow people to fill up water bottles in the bathroom, had shitty shitty security, and was overall shady; but we all continued to go (well some of us). The music was worth it.. and on the right nights, the music is worth it at Centro.

So Centro-fly is no Twilo or Tunnel, but it still holds its ground. Make sure you just get a flyer or guestlist, go for $10, and you'll have fun. ;)

Gotta agree on one thing: Plant bar is very cool. Ironic that it's related to Centro's "Plant night" (same record label)...

Gotta put in a word for Vinyl, I believe it to be the best club in the city by far. Maybe not the newest & most decked out J, but definitely the best music and I love the down-home feel. It's a real NY type of club, not to mention Body & Soul is as real as it gets around here....

I have had quite a few great nights at Centro. Even before Twilo closed (which by far was the club with the best line up of DJs this city has seen since I have been clubbing), Centro had a nice line up of upper minor league DJs. For those who take offense at this classification, they have yet to bring in a PVD, Sasha, Digweed, Carl Cox, etc... While they brought in Danny recently (for a fund raiser) he is NYC.