Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Philly headzzzz...........

Aiight i need the lowdown on Philly clubs...

I think IM hitting em up a little in the near future....

Whats good now? I havent been to them in 2 years...

I hear ENvy, Chrome?, Shampoo(as usual)..what else is good? and what other venues have hot decor? Capacity? anything will help:)

-Andy

Envy and Shampoo are usually a pretty good time. Envy has a bit more straight crowd than Shampoo. Evolution is dark, dingy, and very very loud. I actually skipped school for a couple of days because my ears were in so much pain. The best clubbing experience I had in Philly was in Transit. It had the best venue (sound, lights, space, crowd) out of all of them IMO. Try to go on a specialty party night because on those nights, the party lasts till the early morning. The night I went was a Carnival party and it lasted till 10 AM...I had a great time there.

Transit is defiantely a cool place, as is evolution.

Thing about evolution is that it is small, but it stays open late for philly(3:20) Transit also stays open til 3:20 or so, unless it's a special event. Sometimes during the late night special events in Transit, it feels like a big ol sausage party around 4AM!!!

:laugh::eek: Hey but to each his own right??

:idea:

I went like 3 weeks-a month ago ... and I have never been so bored in my life. The subway system, SEPTA, sucks... food sucks, South St. sucks, the clubs suck, when I talk people act like I'm from another planet or something. I was so happy when I came back to NY.

I don't recommend the trip to Philly.

By the way, the club I checked out when I was there was TPDS, and the cops raided it.

Originally posted by Rina900

I went like 3 weeks-a month ago ... and I have never been so bored in my life. The subway system, SEPTA, sucks... food sucks, South St. sucks, the clubs suck, when I talk people act like I'm from another planet or something. I was so happy when I came back to NY.

By the way, the club I checked out when I was there was TPDS, and the cops raided it.

:eek:

Originally posted by Rina900

WHAT De F is TPDS? :rolleyes:

Yo now, no need to bring the heat on Philly, true as far as clubs go, it aint NYC, but who ever took you around did not know jack. Food sucks???? Come on now, the best restraurants in the country, subway and septa, what the F were u doing on that? :laugh: Its a lot easier to get around in a car in Philly.

People suck, well yeah some do, but I dont know who you talked to, so its a very harsh generalazation, open your eyes a little bit.

South St has its negatives and its positive just like everything else. Personally I dont choose to hang there, I hang in the Old City, you should check that, much more upscale and happening.

Now to the original poster asking about Philly clubs.

Places to check out:

Tribecca, going till 3:30 Code Red Saturday night patries are good

Transit is still good, also till 3:30

Shampoo is good

Envy is good, but it depends on the night you go, too much mainstream music sometimes

For Hip Hop, try Five Spot

Another nice place is a club called Life, very nice downstairs and nice big room upstairs. Also if you are into hard house, check Fluid, just off south Street. Also, a word is a new place on Delaware Ave (used to be called Warehouse) now will be called Float or Flow (not sure), and gonna be going strong. Evolutions is a shit hole but goes till 3:30 and could be good sometimes

Philly aint the best, but hell, no need to bring the city down cause your ass dont know where to go. ;)

:cool:

I spin on Thursdays at Shampoo. We just recreated the night and have some quality talent coming through. Thursday October 18th Danny Howells from GU and Renaissance.

Main Room

Danny Howells - Spinning from 10 - 2

Matt Kling - Metrocircle/LAafterhours.net opening set from 9 - 10pm

White Room- House

Jimmy Mac

Velvet UnderGround - Hip Hop

Tripp

Lorne

ALL TOP SHELF DRINKS AND BOTTLED BEER IS $1 UNTIL MIDNIGHT

COVER $10/$7 on the Maneo guestlist and we will be hosting the Renaissance reception party with complimentary drinks from 9 - 11pm.

Open 9pm - 2am

http://www.maneo.com/philadelphia/guestlist.php3

email guestlist@maneo.com

attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=54

As someone who frequents philly clubs...I'd say your bests are as follows:

weds nite...fluid..hands down best nite in the city

thursday...shampoo..matty kling can rip it up

fridays...evolution...mike myers is an excellent trance dj and they have special guests on occasion...or life...nice lounge atmosphere and good vibe inthe main room

saturdays...shampoo

Thing with philly is there is always something good going on...you just have to know where...it isnt like NYC where you can go anywhere and have a decent night....whoever is having the best party or big event in philly will be the place to be...for example a few weeks ago shampoo had their "pink" party...great party...the next week.....weak...no one there at all....everyone was at evolutions aniuv. party....what weekend or night are you going...i'll try to give you a heads up.....No one is saying philly is NYC...but a good time can be had for sure.

Peace

Guest saleen351

Ok the day philly gets to relax the laws concerning the hours open, the place will explode. Philly is different. It def not nyc, but different in a good way...Who ever said the food sucks is an idiot... Phillys bar scence is better then NYC. PPl there just drink and meet ppl, relaxed scene..Shampoo is good, SF good NO but when in rome you do as romans do...Get it.....

There is no reason any one should take a subway in philly, just drive... Plus when philly closes AC gets started, just 1 hour away.... Check it out with a open mind and you will have a good time....just don't compare while your there or you will not have a good time...

Plus females in philly are soooooooooo much more friendly...

Originally posted by jedimaster

arent you the same underager who was whinning cause you couldn't get into envy when johnny vicious was there and ended up moping around the alley all bent out of shape....get an ID bro:D

thats funny ... i AM! how did you guess that??

and guess what "bro", i dont need an ID anymore...i go whenever i want now...but i went there twice and if thats what you call a scene, then you might as well stay in philly and indulge in your ignorance...