Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If there's a draft...

If you're selected for a compulsory draft, would you go?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. If you're selected for a compulsory draft, would you go?

• Yes, I'd go
    • Hell no, I'm burning that card and it's off to Canada I go!

Would you go? Supposedly there is some kind of amendment, passed after Vietnam, that prevents a compulsory draft and so drafting will be voluntary at least at first, but the fact that males still have to sign up for selective service hints at the fact that this policy may be amended once again. (wtf is with that anyway? why not women? We should have to sign up too, I want a draft card so I can have a good excuse to run away to cancun for a few years :tongue: )

if you dont plan on going to war if you get drafted you should leave the country now instead of waiting to get drafted, because you dont deserve to live here, ignorance like this is the reason our gov't has become more and more fucked up, people all want someone else to make the important decisions and not take the blame for anythign

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Would you go? Supposedly there is some kind of amendment, passed after Vietnam, that prevents a compulsory draft and so drafting will be voluntary at least at first, but the fact that males still have to sign up for selective service hints at the fact that this policy may be amended once again. (wtf is with that anyway? why not women? We should have to sign up too, I want a draft card so I can have a good excuse to run away to cancun for a few years :tongue: )

It is not a good idea to joke about draft dodging when American servicemen are currently risking their lives to protect your freedom. :blank:

Mmmm, on the other hand, I think it's times like these that you really kind of need to take a step back from the situation and smile a little. By no means am I saying I don't appreciate what these servicemen do, to assume that would be entirely a mistake. I definitely support them and give them a lot of credit for what they do. However, I have to be honest -- if I was eligible for draft and was drafted, I simply would not be able to go. I cannot in any circumstance see myself killing another person and living with myself thereafter. I honestly would be of no use to the military to begin with -- you could hand me the biggest gun in the world and put me in the battlefield but I don't think I'd be able to shoot anyone. I'm sure I'm totally gonna get ripped apart for saying that but... just not the type for the job.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Mmmm, on the other hand, I think it's times like these that you really kind of need to take a step back from the situation and smile a little. By no means am I saying I don't appreciate what these servicemen do, to assume that would be entirely a mistake. I definitely support them and give them a lot of credit for what they do. However, I have to be honest -- if I was eligible for draft and was drafted, I simply would not be able to go. I cannot in any circumstance see myself killing another person and living with myself thereafter. I honestly would be of no use to the military to begin with -- you could hand me the biggest gun in the world and put me in the battlefield but I don't think I'd be able to shoot anyone. I'm sure I'm totally gonna get ripped apart for saying that but... just not the type for the job.

You can serve without being on the front lines or being in any position to kill anyone. I'm sure are tons of roles like this that are just as valuable to the military (and hence to the country).

People who are drafted could claim "Conscientious Objector" status, which essentially amounts to this

If I'm not mistaken, the National Guard is an opportunity to serve without leaving the country. Seems that their role is more for domestic protection (including assistance during disasters), and only in extreme cases would they have to engage anyone.

Originally posted by wallflour

You can serve without being on the front lines or being in any position to kill anyone. I'm sure are tons of roles like this that are just as valuable to the military (and hence to the country).

People who are drafted could claim "Conscientious Objector" status, which essentially amounts to this

If I'm not mistaken, the National Guard is an opportunity to serve without leaving the country. Seems that their role is more for domestic protection (including assistance during disasters), and only in extreme cases would they have to engage anyone.

In this day and age, there is no longer what you would call a front line troop. especially in regions were you are uncertain who the enemy is..... all combat units belong to battalions with support units attached. when the troops go marching in and begin a ground war the troops that support these ground soldiers march in behind them. delivering supplies, weapons, rations, water, meals, clothes, etc....... in a combat unit, women are still not permitted to serve. however in the support units, you will find many women supporting this great country and other soldiers. these women perform guard duty and perform the same missions as their male counterparts.

in regards to a draft. the military would have to be at war for years, there would have to be a high death rate, before a draft would be reinstated.... we have a surplus of people who serve in the regular military, active reserves, and inactive reserves that would be called upon first.

First of all, there's not going to be a draft.

We have plenty of already enlisted men/women to take care of this situation, not to mention the help from other countries like England.

But to answer your question, I'd go in a heartbeat.

If you're called for duty and are not willing to fight for your own country, but are willing to reap all of it's benefits, you are a parasite and should be exiled - imo

" America was here for me, and if she needs me Ill be there for her..." WELL SAID, DG MODEL!!