Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CoolJunkie's ridiculous analysis about ULTRA3

festivalcre8or

I read CoolJunkies review of ULTRA3 and it seems quite ridiculous for someone who didn't even attend the event. His claim about "beach insiders" telling him what went on is ridiculous.

After reviewing his website, you can see which clubs asses he has his lips pressed so heavily against. His remarks about ULTRA3, which is the best Electronic Music event to ever hit South Florida, are totally unjust. There are alot of people who work very hard to make ULTRA events a reality and quite frankly I don't see any other groups in South Florida that try to out on an event that rivals the likes of ULTRA.

CoolJunkie's remarks are one of many that keep the Electronic Music scene in South Florida very stagnant. To all of the ULTRA fans that have enjoyed 3 years of slammin beats and the World's best entertainment and production, we look forward to seeing you in March 2002.

I think your overreacting....cooljunkie is good peeps or peps as oldskool sometimes sez. I don't think your critiscism of cooljunkies review is very constructive furthermore, trying to destroy someones reputation on a public messageboard is in really bad taste.

Give me an "C"

Give me an "o"

Give me an "o"

Give me an "l"

Give me an "j"

Give me an "u"

Give me an "n"

Give me an "k"

Give me an "i"

Give me an "e"

What does that spell

COOLJUNKIE

Cooljunkie, cooljunkie, he's our man if he can't do it no one can!

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I think your overreacting....cooljunkie is good peeps or peps as oldskool sometimes sez. I don't think your critiscism of cooljunkies review is very constructive furthermore, trying to destroy someones reputation on a public messageboard is in really bad taste.

As I stated in my earlier post, for someone to print second hand information is ridiculous. Especially when the person didn't attend the event. Quite honestly, I don't see any other large events that have been sustained in South Florida. So it has nothing to do with overreacting. I'm just speaking the truth.

"A planned trip to the Ultra Fest by the .cooljunkie. team was cancelled due to the previous night's excesses. But throughout the day mixed reports came in from various beach insiders about lack of organization, and DJ no - shows.

However respect goes out to Bruce Braxton and Alex Omes, for providing an amazing DJ line up, in spite of numerous setbacks, and the location change."

We think this is fair - many people who we know that went to the event passed the info to us, but we didn't hesitate to congratulate the guys on a huge event, and we will give complete support to next year's Ultra.

If you had been looking at the site prior to the event, you would have noticed that we promoted it as 'the one event you HAVE to be at' during our entire conference buildup, as well as running a large article on it prior to the event.

We always have and always will support efforts to create large events in Miami, and to say that we help to keep the scene 'stagnant' is completely ridiculous.

We go out of our way to give support to any and all people making an effort to progress the scene here. That is the entire concept behind cooljunkie. We help to both develop and promote nights all over Miami, with absolutely no financial gain.

Festivalcre8or if you'd like to discuss this further, please e-mail us at info@cooljunkie.com

peace,

the .junkies.

p.s. cooljunkie is a we, not a he...

Originally posted by festivalcre8or

I read CoolJunkies review of ULTRA3 and it seems quite ridiculous for someone who didn't even attend the event. His claim about "beach insiders" telling him what went on is ridiculous.

After reviewing his website, you can see which clubs asses he has his lips pressed so heavily against. His remarks about ULTRA3, which is the best Electronic Music event to ever hit South Florida, are totally unjust. There are alot of people who work very hard to make ULTRA events a reality and quite frankly I don't see any other groups in South Florida that try to out on an event that rivals the likes of ULTRA.

CoolJunkie's remarks are one of many that keep the Electronic Music scene in South Florida very stagnant. To all of the ULTRA fans that have enjoyed 3 years of slammin beats and the World's best entertainment and production, we look forward to seeing you in March 2002.

this seems more like nastiness; then constructive criticism. very interesting; that you decided to post at clubplanet; instead of cooljunkies. sounds like someone is a bit resentful . :eek:

Originally posted by sobeton

this seems more like nastiness; then constructive criticism. very interesting; that you decided to post at clubplanet; instead of cooljunkies. sounds like someone is a bit resentful . :eek:

Yeah you're right I'm very resentful about remarks and reviews of such. There are alot of people who busted their ass and pulled alot of favors to make ULTRA3 a reality. What pissed me of is that CoolJunkies wasn't even there. Now had he been at the event and had first hand knowledge of the issues that he stated, then my post would have been totally different. So far all I've seen is a bunch of "he said, she said" nonsense.

I'd suggest contacting the promoters or management of such events to see if these stories are correct before posting them on any website.

But in reality, there were a few no-shows. I cannot comment on Ultra3 since I was in the same situation as CJ hehe :)

The reactions I heard were generally OK. The biggest complaint was the set lengths of some of the performers, as well as the usual BS about prices and what not.

Anyway, why bring it up now? Ultra 3 was like 6 months ago! It's equivalent to me stewing over the fact that some screwball broadsided my car last november! Sure it sucks, but I'm over it!

pod

ps-terry, I went to Level and I must say you guys did a wonderful job with the overhaul. It was damned near empty when I arrived, so I stood in the middle of the dancefloor and soaked it all in for a bit.

Originally posted by festivalcre8or

Yeah you're right I'm very resentful about remarks and reviews of such. There are alot of people who busted their ass and pulled alot of favors to make ULTRA3 a reality. What pissed me of is that CoolJunkies wasn't even there. Now had he been at the event and had first hand knowledge of the issues that he stated, then my post would have been totally different. So far all I've seen is a bunch of "he said, she said" nonsense.

I'd suggest contacting the promoters or management of such events to see if these stories are correct before posting them on any website.

"Festivalcre8or if you'd like to discuss this further, please e-mail us ". seems like a more appropriate forum, to discuss this matter. nobody, wants us to have a "stagnant" scene. we should be working together, to make it better. :)

peace, sobeton

Originally posted by cooljunkie

We always have and always will support efforts to create large events in Miami, and to say that we help to keep the scene 'stagnant' is completely ridiculous.

We go out of our way to give support to any and all people making an effort to progress the scene here. That is the entire concept behind cooljunkie. We help to both develop and promote nights all over Miami, with absolutely no financial gain.

Festivalcre8or if you'd like to discuss this further, please e-mail us at info@cooljunkie.com

peace,

the .junkies.

p.s. cooljunkie is a we, not a he...

ya see, that's a classy way of doing things :)

I've been to the cooljunkie site several times and all I have seen is good promotion of whatever night it is. I have not personally seen or read for that matter any favoratism is regards to a particular club. cooljunkie, keep up the good work