Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CAR vs. MASS TRANSIT club nights

CAR OR MASS TRANSIT?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. CAR OR MASS TRANSIT?

• CAR
    • MASS TRANSIT

ITS FRIDAY/SATURDAY NIGHT.. AND YOU WANT TO GO OUT WITH AROUND 4 HEADS... WHAT DO YOU RATHER DO?

TAKE A CAR, SPLIT IN FOR GAS/PARKING BUT BE IN TOTAL COMFORT..

OR

TAKE MASS TRANSIT.. SUBWAY/BUS/ETC.. AND SAVE MONEY BUT NOT BE AS COMFORTABLE..?

Originally posted by BKDJ

the tunnels should be open except for the brooklyn battery, ofcouse, expect moderate delays.

Holland Tunnel coming into NYC is still closed, and probably still will be

It's open going out of NYC (into NJ)

Before you go check http://www.1010wins.com (then click on links for traffic) or listen on your radio to 1010 AM or 101.5 FM

If you have an EZ Pass, use it, and use the EZ Pass-only lane!

If you need to use the NJ Turnpike, you should probably use the side for Buses & Trucks.

For parking, if you don't mind walking a bit, best places to try are probably 15,16,17, or 18 St between 7 and 8 Aves

Watch the posted signs!

There's also some alternate-side spaces on 15 and 16 between 6 and 7 Aves, closer to 7 Ave

If you can't find anything in those areas, then try in the Village below 14 St, but be careful if you're near St Vincents

Otherwise, go for a garage

car is always nice but i prefer the train espicially when everyone is all fucked up from drinking or dropping bombs....its the safest way to do it

Amen to that. It amazes me how many people (I'm not pointing fingers, so please don't take offense) choose the "comfort" of a car over the safety of themselves and everybody else on the road.

One reason that I chose to live in NY over any other large city is that I can go out and do WHATEVER I want -- and always get home safely.

Originally posted by hoke

Amen to that. It amazes me how many people (I'm not pointing fingers, so please don't take offense) choose the "comfort" of a car over the safety of themselves and everybody else on the road.

One reason that I chose to live in NY over any other large city is that I can go out and do WHATEVER I want -- and always get home safely.

true that. i was trying to expalin to someone at work that if i lived in the city if dont ever have to worry about a ride home or where im going. as for long island i always need a ride and it is soooooo not worth it to take a taxi home from somewhere espically if im kinda far from my house....the city transportation is taken advantage of......we dont know how good we really have it

Yes, we all know that cars are more convienent.

But lets try to be careful and make sure that we're all well enough to drive before heading out the next morning (or day).

One time a few years ago I was driving my b/f's car home and I was sober. He was passed out in the front seat next to me. Next thing you know, he woke up on the Grand Central because I went around a turn...he leaned over and grabbed the wheel and turned it toward him, making me t-bone the car next to me (in the middle lane).

Now when I drive home, I do it limo style, with him in the back seat.

Originally posted by msoprano13

car is always nice but i prefer the train espicially when everyone is all fucked up from drinking or dropping bombs....its the safest way to do it

The only thing with taking mass transit is when you walk out of a club at 11 in the morning in your club clothes, sweating, etc. you have those pain in the asses staring at you like you're from another planet. That's so annoying. :mad:

unfortunately i dont know how to drive so i got no car..haha...i always take the train been doing that since i first started clubbing and i got used to it so i cant complain about it. The only time it does suck is going on the train by myself after a club when the ppl i went with lived diff parts, but i dont have that problem anymore. I dont mind the trains. I rather be in a train than in a car with someone who is messed up, cause i had instances i was in cars with friends and out of all of them, i was the only one sober and i would always worry that they dont get pulled over or soo...so for me...the train is the safest.

Originally posted by piro8

The only thing with taking mass transit is when you walk out of a club at 11 in the morning in your club clothes, sweating, etc. you have those pain in the asses staring at you like you're from another planet. That's so annoying. :mad:

hahahahaha

i know exactly what you are saying but its nyc so it isnt that bad