Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attention Miami's nightclub scene

festivalcre8or

Originally posted by shroomy

Kind of on topic.. what the hell happened to Deepsky? They were supposed to play shadow last nov. Then nothing... WTF????

BTW my vote would be to bring in Underworld!!!

Deepsky is still around. They're doing alot of shows in ATL and Texas this month. They've played on my stages several times and hopefully they'll play in Miami very soon. On a stage designed by me of coarse. :D :D :D

Originally posted by pod

That's the way any live touring act operates. A local A/V outfit handles their 'stop' in the tour. Be it Whitesnake or Underworld, they do not have the same PA consistently...

Club systems are not configured usually for live sources, so it takes the local sound company to do that. Level may be able to pull off a live set with what it has, but it sounds like ass. Any club needs additional sound support for a live act. It may account for another reason for the lack of live acts...though honestly, a well-trained sound crew, some squints and a few grunts can pull it off no sweat.

I think you should rephrase your quote, Club Systems in Miami are not configured for live PA. And guess who's fault that is??? When a clubowner opens a new club he/she has every opportunity to design their club to handle live PA's and DJ's. It's not rocket science but most of them make it out to be.

Less VIP space and more stage space maybe???

Originally posted by festivalcre8or

Oh let me guess. You like going to see an overpaid, arrogant DJ who's spins those live acts music. Right?? Who cares about the persons who made the music, especially if they have a good show, correct?

There's way to much praise going to some of these DJ's in the world and not enough going to the artists who make the tracks. I think it's time they start to get some recognition.

Originally posted by digital7

Im not really too satisfied with dj acts going on, much less live PA act's.

yes, I would be able to handle a club that would give the whole 9, I'm just waiting for one.

Well I see someone obvioulsy misunderstood my post :)

about overpaid, arrogant dj's; I really could give 3 shit's (had to remove the profanity, it was uncalled for). I'm not getting paid, they are, so I don't care what they're charging or how much they're getting paid. I go to see dj's for the good muzik, style, energy, and talent they provide. The bottom line is that atleast for me, it's all about the muzik. Unfortunately, we've been limited the last couple of month's. Having to wait in between month's to see someone (ex. Lee Burridge, Parks & Wilson) really sucks. As far as live PA's are concerned, we've been limited to that as well and that is exactly my quam ....

And I do agree with you that they're hasn't been enough praise about the people who make the muzik, which is the heart and soul of the scene......

Originally posted by festivalcre8or

I never said I was anti-DJ nor did I make the claim to be anti DJ. What I'm saying is there's way to much credit going to some DJ's in the electronic music world

What do you mean live PA's are costly?? Guess how much PVD, Oakie, Sasha and Digweed and Cox are?? Big, Big bucks my friend. Another thing, most of the gear that alot of the live PA's use can be sourced in town. So that excuse holds no water.

There's no market for live PA's? Yeah guess why? First off, the clubowners down here don't have the balls to book these acts because they're to worried about their VIP lounges. What about the hardcore clubbers who spend a couple hundred bucks every week just to hear slammin music?? Secondly, promotions. If you're gonna invest in a live PA, you gotta promote it. An ad in New Times and a couple hundred flyers just don't cut it.

You say DJ's have become superstars, yeah some of them are very popular but there's still someone making the music that they spin and these people aren't getting any recognition.

There are so many live PA's that aren't even Chemical Brothers status that are very good: damn good, and some of them are local. Maybe if some of you who praise these guys that play vynil do a little research on who's making the music, you'd understand where I'm coming from.

Ok so you are not anti-dj ,you are pro-live PA and anti-VIP...

Keep in mind the most profitable area of a club is the VIP section, why on earth would they get rid of it? So they can accomodate live- PAs that are not a draw in clubs...I for one think these acts are more appropriate for festivals rather than club venues....

Maybe if some of you who praise these guys that do live PAs would do a little research on who's making the music, you'd understand that most of the music played in clubs is made by DJS and the music made by bands who do live PAs are usually played in festivals and raves....

Originally posted by kingstreet

Ok so you are not anti-dj ,you are pro-live PA and anti-VIP...

Keep in mind the most profitable area of a club is the VIP section, why on earth would they get rid of it? So they can accomodate live- PAs that are not a draw in clubs...I for one think these acts are more appropriate for festivals rather than club venues....

Maybe if some of you who praise these guys that do live PAs would do a little research on who's making the music, you'd understand that most of the music played in clubs is made by DJS and the music made by bands who do live PAs are usually played in festivals and raves....

Oh yeah? you think the VIP is more profitable? Go ask all of the clubs on South Beach that are crying the blues because the "jet set" crowd isn't flying into town because of the terrorist shit. I will tell you right now that there are 4000 hardcore club kids in this town that are local, who don't even bother with the VIP, yet they attend clubs every week.

Keep in mind that the only reason a VIP is even busy is because they want those 4000 people to look at them in the VIP. No locals, no VIP!!!!