Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review: JEFF MILLS @ THE LL

Good morning boys and girls...

It's 7:43 am as begin this review, and I have just returned from an incredible night at the Limelight. I arrived at the club around 2:00 am... The minute you walked in the door, you could tell the place was packed, as it was about 85 degrees inside. Tonight was the first time I've seen Jeff Mills play, and the man is insane. Rather then use the usual dj booth, Brian Tech erected a makeshift booth on the mainstage so the entire crowd could witness a master at work. I made my way to the back of the mainstage so I could watch this guy go. He had three tables, a massive mixer, fx processor, sampler, and what looked to be a drum machine. Whatever he played instantly got a response from the massive crowd. Due to the fact that the tables were set on a makeshift stage they did not have proper suspension, ie the records did skip a little here and there. However, this obviously did not phase Mills as he worked the skips into his routine... which caused the crowd to go even crazier. By 4:00am he was done mixing records, and just started to perform live. I was blown away. Definitely one of the better nights I have had at LL in a long time.

DNY

Hey guys, this was my first Cp meeting and I was a bit shy but all of you guys were so friendly. I totally expected something different like... a cold look and a short "hello." I wish I got to know some of you a little better but there is always next time and I couldnt really start a conversation in there, if you know what I mean, hehe. It was really really packed, omg! Well, I am back @ LL tonight to see The 4 Elements and they are good! If anyone is going again tonight, I would love to meet you again, this time I'll be in dancing gear! I must be crazy because its 8:43 right now and Im still up and I'll also be back @ LL later tonight. Haha... Im a crackhead, Anywayz, if anyone of you guys are going, I am the girl that will be working at the front door. My name is Jane and I will be holding the lists. If you guys want a list that will be open for a longer time than any other list, use Star's list.(Not Echostar...not that I have anything against him, it just sounds alike.) I am the only person allowed to hold lists for a longer period of time so you can always come to me. I hope that anyone who knew Blueangel would come because this will be a tribute to her. She was my best friend I know that she would def appreciate everyone getting closer. She was always good at bringing people together. But, if you guys didnt know her, she was the nicest, most sweetest girl on this planet. This will also be my last day working because that place reminds me of her so much that it makes it hard for me to continue working there. So, please try to make it tonight and have fun with me, ok? Bye. :) :) :) :) :)

surgeon was damn good.

quoth's cousin function was tight tight tight.

jeff mills totally rocked me.

ESPECIALLY when he played

and even More especially when he got

into the tribal tech-house stuff and i was

dead center on the main floor and people

started chanting for some reason (wasn't even

in the music itself - just total mass-spontaneity)

and then more joined in...

his 909 solo was kickass as well.

DEFINATELY a memorable night.

so good to see so many of you at the meetup.

biggest meetup i've seen yet (that wasn't

an Official dinner or drinks meetup).

pretty much the only thing i was bummed

about was meeting sttarrkidd briefly

in the geiger room and then not later on

or at the meetup. sorry i wasn't able to find you again!

next time...

Originally posted by thehacker

jeff mills totally rocked me.

ESPECIALLY when he played

and even More especially when he got

into the tribal tech-house stuff and i was

dead center on the main floor and people

started chanting for some reason (wasn't even

in the music itself - just total mass-spontaneity)

and then more joined in...

I totally agree...This was my second time seeing Jeff Mills and he is incredible!... The way he creates his music and the energy he has when he performs is amazing. Totally awesome. :)

surgeon was pretty

jeff mills was insane - i loved how he was programming beats live with the drum machine

function was good, a little too slow for my liking though

hacker - liked your light show

trancebaby - where were you? i dont think we met did we?

lavendermenace - sorry i didnt say goodbye! we had to catch a train and i didnt find you

trippintrance - haha it was nice meeting you now that i actually remember you

quoth - i hated meeting you and never want to see you again

maybe ill add some more later when i can think clearly :drunk: :drunk:

Originally posted by trancend

surgeon was pretty

jeff mills was insane - i loved how he was programming beats live with the drum machine

function was good, a little too slow for my liking though

hacker - liked your light show

trancebaby - where were you? i dont think we met did we?

lavendermenace - sorry i didnt say goodbye! we had to catch a train and i didnt find you

trippintrance - haha it was nice meeting you now that i actually remember you

quoth - i hated meeting you and never want to see you again

maybe ill add some more later when i can think clearly :drunk: :drunk:

Yes I think you should add more names to that list don't ya think???

**AHEM**

lol

aghhhhhh.... so much fun was had last night!!! to thehacker i am so sorry that we met and then i like disappeared. i was trying not to lose my people in the mass amounts of bodies that i saw. and i think that i was one of those people chanting in the middle of the floor for no apparent reason. sorry i didn't meet all of you ... i am once again losing my mind and had no watch on... i had no clue when it was 2...unfortunately i was not there all night... we left around 320 or so because the people i was with are performing in a show today...overall sooooooooooooo much fun.... i am poor now, and must wait for money until i can go out again :( i can't believe that keoki was there.... hehehe alright

pixie dust~

starr

hey everyone....

well i didnt make it to the meet up but i meet the ppl i wanted too... heheh.. and it was def. a great nite. i wished i could've of made the meet up but i was just lost in the crowd and shit. im really happy i went though cause jeff mills was friggin awesome. well hopefully next time ill get to a meet up

bye bye

j =)

I stepped into the club at 2 AM. (star, thanks for the comp even though I didnt need :D , wish I could do that for you & your gf for the clubs i work for - I still owe you $25 :D *i forgot*)

The place was PACKED. The last time I went to Limelight was last summer when Shawn Ink was doing the mainfloor with Luis Kain running the show. I believe it was a halloween party and it was nowhere near as packed as it was last night. The vibe was great, met a lot of new people (too bad I wasnt at the meetup). Saw lots of familiar faces :]

Overall Jeff Mills BANGED it out . When that nutty tech shit came out, :o The breakbeats , the drums, sICKKKKK

YO I DEF WASN'T EXPECTING IT TO BE LIKE THAT IVE ONLY SEEN ENERGY LIKE THAT IN A MOVIE BUT IT WAS PRETTY AMAZING THE MUSIC WAS PRETTY HARD BUT MILLS HAD THE CROWD THE WHOLE TIME DEF DIFF FROM THE CROWD FROM LAST WEEK WHO WERE FALLIN ASLEEP WHILE BORIS DJED LOL....I HAD NO IDEA THERE WAS A MEET UP LAST NIGHT SORRY HAVEN'T BEEN KEEPIN UP LATELY...BUT A FUN NIGHT GOOD MUSIC STILL HAVE A HEADACHE CROWD WAS NUTZ....DEF SHOWED ME WHAT LIMELIGHT IS SUPPOSE TO BE LIKE...

MARINA WHRE YA GO HUN........OFF TO SF.....LOL