Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shroomy's party

meng

All good. Got to meet Shroomy, mimid, phrankadelic, joeygk, Stacey(where did you go???)....digital7(who I've met before).

It was fun. FX, B-side, phrankadelic, and I all threw down some good sets. FX spun breaks, B-side spun all sorts of good stuff in the "house" genre..some 2-step as well......phrankadelic threw down some hip-hop loungey stuff, and I threw it down with some progressive.....

Like I said before in another thread.....only complaint was that only 6 clubplanet members showed up and also that there was not much dancing going on...people were gathered around and chillin' which was fine but I wanted to see some dancing....

Thanks again to shroomy for everything. It was good fun. :)

Hey thanks to everyone who put in an appearance! Was cool to finally meet some people from the board.

The music was all around great....... Meng especially has that "bedrock" sound down- hopefully we'll get to hear more in the future! Sorry we weren't dancin' more, but I for one tend to only dance after hittin' the sauce; and since I was driving home.....

Special thanks to Shroomy for letting us chill at his pad! You rule man; and you've got a killer set up going on.

I am truly sorry that I didn't make it to Shroomy's Party, I really wanted to be there and to get to experience new talent!

The truth is, things got complicated at the last minute.....but I know that's no excuse!!! :confused::(

Mimid....you can vouch for me.....you know I wanted to be there!!!

I'm SORRY guys, please forgive me!! :(

Thank You Charlie for being such a grateful host. You defenitely know how to set up for a party! little details are what count. I was alittle disappointed at the turnaround of CP members, but it's all good. another CP party emminent? We'll keep in touch.

Well thanks guys... it was nice to see those of you who showed up.

beleive it or not we had about 30 people there just everyone was scattered between the back patio, the pool, upstairs and inside.. so it turned into about 3 or 4 groups of 7 or 8.

What really pissed me off is that I didn't invite more local friends because of the commitments from the CP board.

guess I should have known.

but it was all worth it just to see Mimi skinny dippin in the hot tub.

:)

BTW Mengs set was fantastic.. better than 90% of the sets I hear at the popular clubs!!! Exactly the type of prog house I love.

B-side, Phrank, and FX have some serious skills too. I'm envious.

All put in a nice eclectic mix.

FX really knew how to close out the evening with some nice slower tempo tracks.

Hey guys.. sorry i didnt make it out to the party... really wanted to.. and actually, i was planning on going up until about 2 hours before... my grandfather was rushed to the hospital.....Things dont look too good... only time will tell. (crossing fingers).

I'll be there for sure... next time.

-V

Originally posted by meng

We haven't heard anything from the no-shows! What's the excuse fellas?

<<raises hand as no-show>> I am sorry I didn't make it. Loraine couldn't go and I freaked out. It's still a little hard for me to go to parties alone where I'm not really gonna know anyone. Hopefully I won't have this problem in the future.

Originally posted by nightstar01

I am truly sorry that I didn't make it to Shroomy's Party, I really wanted to be there and to get to experience new talent!

The truth is, things got complicated at the last minute.....but I know that's no excuse!!! :confused::(

Mimid....you can vouch for me.....you know I wanted to be there!!!

I'm SORRY guys, please forgive me!! :(

Yea Zules, I know you really wanted to be there... :(

Hey guys!

Had a really great time Friday night. It was a pleasure meeting those of you who did show up!!! hehehe

Shroomy, thanks again for hosting this party. I had a great time wit my Dewar's baby!!!

Mimi skinny dippin'??? Damn, I must've been spinning!!! :eek:

The 4 horsemen on the wheels of steel, Meng, B-Side, Phrankadelic, and I each had great sets spanning a wide variety of styles. For me, I much prefer a broad sampling of musical genres in the course of one night. Lucky for me, I got to open and close the party with "Get Off the Street" and "Autumn Leaves" respectively.

Sorry more of you didn't make it out. Hopefully another one will be organized soon!

Peace,

FX

Big THANKS to Shroomy for allowing so many strangers into his home..... :D

If it was not for him... I would still be procrastinating on meeting everyone :rolleyes:

So Thanks Again S-man.....

Oh and I almost forgot Thanks to everyone who contributed to the sound set up.... It was a nice collaboration

Some day soon ????