Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Verizon vs. Nextel

in regards to nextel: the i1000 is big and bulky but they have two new models that are smaller and similar to the nokias.

as far as service for nextel.. the cell part is not Premium but the 2way feature is good. (note: only with other nextel users)

but i had verizon back in Massachussets and i used to get raped as far as bills/plans. i had 400 free anytime and free nights and weekends.. for 35/month (no roaming, no long distance) but i was always going over and it was more like 80 or so.

now my plan is:

free nights and weekends

free 400 outgoing minutes

free INCOMING MINUTES all the time

Free Long distance

NO Roaming charges

plus unlimited two way

for 80 a month -- and i never go over my plan. and i am on my cell alot cuz i use it as my home phone.

The free incoming is huge! thats my fave.

Nextel has a hot deal, but in a lot of places... SERVICE SUCKS

I have a i85, walkie talkie is phat :) so if you have a bunch of friends that own Nextels, its the illest feature for the service.

The new i80 is coming out next month, and its suppose to kick ass

(very small as well , comparing to previous Nextel models..)

MY PLAN:

500 minutes + 100 bonus minutes = 600 minutes a month

Unlimited nights & Weekends (starts at 8PM)

Unlimited direct connect (walkie talkie)

Thats about it :P I never go over.

Nextel has a hot deal, but in a lot of places... SERVICE SUCKS

I have a i85, walkie talkie is phat :) so if you have a bunch of friends that own Nextels, its the illest feature for the service.

The new i80 is coming out next month, and its suppose to kick ass

(very small as well , comparing to previous Nextel models..)

MY PLAN: $60 a month

500 minutes + 100 bonus minutes = 600 minutes a month

Unlimited nights & Weekends (starts at 8PM)

Unlimited direct connect (walkie talkie)

Thats about it :P I never go over.

I just signed up for a new plan from Verizon the other day and so far no complaints. I've asked around to other people who have it and they're all happy with it...

IMH I think they have great plans...

www.verizonwireless.com and check it out...

I've got:

550 Minutes

3000 NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS

No Roaming from MAINE to SOUTH CAROLINA

Free long distance while I'm in my home area (Maine to S. Carolina)

for $55 a month... there's a plan for all of the same except 400 minutes for $45....

If you don't travel too much off of the East Coast, I think that this is a great plan....

As for the phone, there are a number of phones that you can get, and you can see them in the Verizon Stores... (you can get better deals on phone in smaller dealer stores rather than big Verizon Stores).

I got the LG TM510 in Silver for $100 from a dealer with one year contract, where as the verizon web site is selling it for $220 with the one year contract. It's small and comfortable, while not being so tiny that you have to move it from your ear to your mouth between talking and listening.

Hope this helps a bit...

I had Verizon for a long time and always even with a 2000 min /free nights and weekends I would end the month with a cell bill of about $600-$700 per month the service was 100% all the time.In January I switched to NEXTEL they had a unlimited out going and incoming plan for $119 a month my bill these days dont go over $180 on average however the service is about 75% good most of the time but for the price I dont mind droping calls.I think Nextel is the one because of price if droping calls doesn't bother you that much.

If you want a phat phone wit ill features = NEXTEL

If you want good service = Verizon

I have the i2000 nextel, its a great phone and i never go over my 70 dollar plan.( its kinda impossible) As for the two-way radio feature, its hot but can get pretty annoying sometimes. And the worst thing about nextel is the service stinks!

If i were u i would go with verizon, I am sure they have some hot phones.

I work in Boston for the place that sells AT&T, Voicestream and Nextel, so you can consider my advice:

if you are a heavy talker - you going to get the best deal with Nextel, but the problem is Nextel 100% digital and none of the companies have digital coverage in Vermont, so you have to get something with analog roaming which would be Verizon, AT&T, or Cingular.

i personally have voicestream, and it works fantastically all over the place (i'm using it in london right now for only 29 cents a minute to call anywhere in the USA and the UK)

if i had to choose between those two, i would go with nextel

verizon screwed my family over with the phones that we received from them