Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ salaries

money wise, only one i can think of off the top of my head who prolly gets paid as much as the big internatinoal jocks,ie oakie, cox, pvd, s&d etc.., is DT

s&d had a $250k a year contract at twilo.. oakie's been rumored to make upwards of $60k per show..(skribble is the exception, but he's really more a performer..)

second tier.. i've heard that johnny vicious gets around $5k.. i imagine jp gets around that as well..

The reason I ask was because JP was up in Albany on a Thursday Night and I was arguing over how much he got paid.... A few of my friends were trying to say he made $25 grand.... I think they are crazy.... The club only held about 1500 people and charged $10 at the door yet they are going to pay him $25k. I don't think so...

Originally posted by pumavisor808

The reason I ask was because JP was up in Albany on a Thursday Night and I was arguing over how much he got paid.... A few of my friends were trying to say he made $25 grand.... I think they are crazy.... The club only held about 1500 people and charged $10 at the door yet they are going to pay him $25k. I don't think so...

At Sneaky petes?

Right before Oakenfold spun at buzz in Washington, DC, Scott Henry said the following in a washingtonpost.com interview. It is assumed he that was speaking about Oakenfold's rate in DC.

"IT's very hard to keep prices down when dj fees keep going up and up. Some dj's that will go unnamed get $25,000 and higher for spinning a two hour set. It has become ridiculous. I think the dj fees will hit a cap eventually when the promoters start to say no way. "

You can read the full interview at:

http://discuss.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/zforum/01/brace0824.htm

It's a great interview and gives an interesting perspective on Scott and the dc scene.

out,

judson

Well...

tiesto is getting 16k for spinning at world this weekend.

its neg. depending on your connection with the dj and booking agency.

I get around $1500 per hour in nyc and miami, and anywhere from 2-4k per hour in international events.

That would be a basic salary for a international dj in midhigher ranks, but top levels like digger and oakey make high figures, which is why they dont play at the same venue week after week after week unless they are booked residents or great friends with the owners/runners.

LuV

RaZ

I have actually done some research on this, for event planning purposes.

Junior used to make about $$20K per Sat night at Twilo

Have no idea what he is making now.

Danny T. was making around $16K for his stint at Vinyl.

J.P. is making about $10K a night for SF.

and my favorite, Eric M. makes about $25K a night at Subliminal.

Only been quoted these numbers, so don't take them as gospel.

Toys

Unfortunately PFloyd yeah $30 grand a piece for Sasha and Diggers for a one off. Now as I said for "FRIENDS" ;) Like Mr. Bindra it's not that much. Depends on how many bookings and the history you have with balance. Sometimes you even in the past have had to prove yourself by booking numerous Balance DJs before you are S&D approved. Also prices change due to location, size of venue, ticket prices, etc... Ahhhhhhhhh politics glad I am going the charity route.

Life is too short to get into these matters anymore.:D

peters did not pull the amount of money he makes at like SF, when he did sneaky petes last thursday. sneaky petes is honestly a really nice club for upstate, shit vicious is coming here to spin. That place does not pull a big profit at all, my friend was resident there thursday's last year, but where else can you go and see peters and drink $1.50 molson's all night long. albany sucks!

Originally posted by pumavisor808

Yeah JP was at Sneaky Pete's... It's the only place we got up here thats anything like a NYC club.... If it wasn't for Sneakys I'd be in the city almost every weekend..... Have you ever been there???

Umm no cause I heard from a couple DJ friends of mine in the area said it was like exit and the crowd was pretty old... and I hate exit and I dislike drunk old people.

[*_-=C=-_*]

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Unfortunately PFloyd yeah $30 grand a piece for Sasha and Diggers for a one off. Now as I said for "FRIENDS" ;) Like Mr. Bindra it's not that much. Depends on how many bookings and the history you have with balance. Sometimes you even in the past have had to prove yourself by booking numerous Balance DJs before you are S&D approved. Also prices change due to location, size of venue, ticket prices, etc... Ahhhhhhhhh politics glad I am going the charity route.

Life is too short to get into these matters anymore.:D

obviously not too short to talk out of your ass..

the dont' make $30k a piece in the states..

covetoys: i doubt vinyl pulls in that much money a nite period ;)

Puma, i agree with you, sneaky petes is the only place in albany that actually has a clubbish vibe to it. Better than freaking frosh filled Post. :blown:

Sneakys is not filled with old ppl at all, actually its mostly college kids with avg age of hmm 21/22 maybe.

The one thing im surprised about that club, is the strict dress code that they have...like WTF!! that aint nyc

Rad_