Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ salaries

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Unfortunately PFloyd yeah $30 grand a piece for Sasha and Diggers for a one off. Now as I said for "FRIENDS" ;) Like Mr. Bindra it's not that much. Depends on how many bookings and the history you have with balance. Sometimes you even in the past have had to prove yourself by booking numerous Balance DJs before you are S&D approved. Also prices change due to location, size of venue, ticket prices, etc... Ahhhhhhhhh politics glad I am going the charity route.

Life is too short to get into these matters anymore.:D

hahaha - now she's going the "charity route" and I'm sure that's by choice.:laugh: *sarcasm*

remember what you said -- "sometimes you need to start a fire"

well I think you were the one burned in that one.

Haven't heard much about Roxy lately -- hmm, I wonder why?

i stick to my guns -- "be nice to people"

I know for an ABSOLUTE FACT that JP got paid $7,500 to do Sneaky's... I know this cause he and I have teh same booking agency, and my agent told me what he booked the gig for :)

I agree, Sneaky's a a really nice club, especially for upstate. I should be playing there once a month soon, we are working on an agreement...

:tongue:

Whoever said Sneaky Petes's is like a NYC club is out of their fucking mind. I go to school up here and let me tell you that place USED to be the hot spot on thursdays but since then the place is fucking dead. Granted I didnt make it there for jp due to a test in my income tax class the next day but I guarantee that unless they continue to bring names like that they will only survive for another 2 years. And im being generous. Not to mention the place is so fucking strict on drinking and other shit. Fuck Sneaky Petes and FUCK ALBANY. I have heard that ground zero up here isnt that bad but I have yet to check it out.

On another subject I see some people have to been to sneaky petes which is why I am assuming you guys are In Albany. I cant believe there are cp headz up here in this gray fucking shithole. We should organize a meetup for Albany headz and hit up Ground Zero or the Big House ( I havent been to either yet) If anyone is interested drop me a pm or e-mail me at urallge@hotmail.com.

PEACE

It really is too bad that Sneaky's doesn't do better than it does... People in Albany just don't care about the look or style or the music in a club. They'd rather not pay a cover charge, drink alot of beer and get wasted in some college bar listening to Hip Hop and Oldies. I don't get it. I don't know if bringing big name DJs will help either.

Russ that would be PHAT if you started playing there once a month!!! Would it be Saturday or Thursday???

As for the Big House.. If you're looking for hot drunk chicks this is the place to go... But forget about the music there. It really sucks. There idea of new techno is Alice Deejay. But you def. can get laid any night you go there if you're halfway decent looking. Go there Friday or Saturday...

If you want pm me if you're in Albany....and maybe we can organize a meetup..

See ya at Sneaky Pete's this weekend for Vicious!!!

Originally posted by covetoys

Danny T. was making around $16K for his stint at Vinyl.

Toys

DT get's a small fee and a cut of the door @ vinyl.. He basically does if for fun. Not for the money. Vinyl would not be able to afford him @ market price

PFloyd enlighten me then how much do S&D make on a one off in the states not a residency???

And exodust I find it funny you have nothing better to do than start shit right now. BTW I have been doing charity fundraisers and volunteering for years and my parties have raised money for organizations such as The Starlight Foundation of NY (my main philanthropy), Children's Hope Foundation, GMHC, Save the Music, Equity Fights AIDS, etc... If you would like to check out you can search posts under my screen name and see that I had even held some of these events at TUNNEL before it closed.

You can stick to your guns but get some ammo and learn how to aim before you try shooting.

See you at the meetup

PFloyd enlighten me then how much do S&D make on a one off in the states not a residency???

And exodust I find it funny you have nothing better to do than start shit right now. BTW I have been doing charity fundraisers and volunteering for years and my parties have raised money for organizations such as The Starlight Foundation of NY (my main philanthropy), Children's Hope Foundation, GMHC, Save the Music, Equity Fights AIDS, etc... If you would like to check out you can search posts under my screen name and see that I had even held some of these events at TUNNEL before it closed.

You can stick to your guns but get some ammo and learn how to aim before you try shooting.

See you at the meetup

I know how to aim -- and I did, but thanks for the lesson - it looks good when you can dazzle someone with fun or cool little analogy's that make you sound all smart and slick, but you can save your amature rhetoric for someone who cares. And maybe you should even try making a point next time!!! that always helps!!!!

you know what I'm talking about -- you trashed about 30 of my friends and judging by the Roxy you got what you deserved and thats what my point was - (I guess I should spell it out next time) -- I couldn't give a rats ass about your charity work.

anywho......meet up??? hehe SCHWEET!

oh and don't even bother replying to this...cuz I'm not going to drag this on...we can talk about the meet-up!

See you at the meetup

no... your the one claiming they make $30k each a night.. you enlighten eveyone w/ your superior knowledge as to what club in the states would ever pay out $60k to a pair of dj's in a night.. that is the whole door, and most likely more, w/o even paying promoters or another person in the whole club yet.. and your stupid bullshit reasoning, that mike bindra is a friend and thats why they do it for *only* $10k is such garbage..

why do you choose to go off on bullshit when you have no idea?

Originally posted by PFloyd40

no... your the one claiming they make $30k each a night.. you enlighten eveyone w/ your superior knowledge as to what club in the states would ever pay out $60k to a pair of dj's in a night.. that is the whole door, and most likely more, w/o even paying promoters or another person in the whole club yet.. and your stupid bullshit reasoning, that mike bindra is a friend and thats why they do it for *only* $10k is such garbage..

why do you choose to go off on bullshit when you have no idea?

I have two words for you, Sasha & Digweed!!!, U FUCK. Have you ever heard them???? I don't even think you can put a price on them.

They are kind of like a monopoly, they can charge what ever the fuck they want, and it's still worth it.

Now, I myself made $125K for a 4 hour set in Sydney. Then the other night, I spun a 2 hour set in Paris and made $200K.

I feel so much better now, after clearing things up.

HAHHAAA that was hysterical!!

PFloyd C2K in the Venetian Hotel paid $30k a piece for them. Also there have numerous festivals that have been charged the same amount. It's not hard to believe Danny got about $30k for Vegas Labor Day Weekend. And you know what they are worth it.

Break it down:

CONCERT (U2):

Approx time: 3-5 hours

Admission: NoseBleed Seats $45, decent scalper tix $300 a piece

Music: Maybe a Cover or two but

they stick to there stuff

VS.

Music: Maybe a Cover or two but

CLUB NIGHT (S&D):

Approx time: 5 hours till ??

Admission: avg $35 up to $100 (non holiday)

Music: YOU NAME IT BABY IT's GOOD SHIT

And as I said before depends on the relationship the booker has with the promoter, the size of the venue, the sponsorships that are involved, door price, sound system, travel arrangements, etc...

The only person talking out their ass seems to be you my friend. There is a lot more than just here's the cash let's go for S&D and for a lot of the higher paid djs. Ask Mike about what it takes.

U2 gets about 1mill and up S&D not nearly enough

Originally posted by ecstatichigh35

I have two words for you, Sasha & Digweed!!!, U FUCK. Have you ever heard them???? I don't even think you can put a price on them.

They are kind of like a monopoly, they can charge what ever the fuck they want, and it's still worth it.

Now, I myself made $125K for a 4 hour set in Sydney. Then the other night, I spun a 2 hour set in Paris and made $200K.

I feel so much better now, after clearing things up.

WHO ARE U ?!?! and where can a get a mix of yours?

[*_-=C=-_*]

I am EcstaticHigH. I am a producer and spin sometimes. Many have not heard of me yet, because I am VERY underground, and like to keep it like that, but my of my agents claim that my talent is on the same level as Oaki, S &D, PVD, and if I ever want to make a big name for myself it can be instantly done. But like I said before, I like the extreme underground scene for now.

If you want to hear any of my music, IM me on my AIM name: EcstaticHigh

peace

yo it seems like there a few other people besides myself stuck up in albany for school. sneaky pete's used to be good when it opened last year when marc o. was DJ'in thursdays. it got way too trashy with all the locals showing up in their low rider pickups. it was mainly suny kids from the city anyway so it used to have a good vibe. whoever posted about goin to ground zero, dont. if u think sneaky petes got trashy you would hate that place. i feel bad for everyone else who's stuck upstate and has a choice of the post or 518. fuck it off to sadie's for happy hour. anyone goin to see vicious on sat nite pm me. peace