Clubplanet Nightlife Community

mixer question

pumavisor808

My friend is selling a Rane MM8X for around 500$...its a kick ass mixer....only diff btwn that and teh MM8Z is teh headphones contour. You shoudl e-mial me if you aree interested. Overall i think RANE makes a great mixer.

Also, check out, The Vestax PCM 25, I love Vestax mixers, they are so nice and solid and smooth. I am buying one next week....i have a Pioneer DJM 600...i hate it, it is a flimsy piece of trash

personally i play everything...depends on where im booked

1/2 my nights are mixed...the other are all tech,funky progressive house...

the main reasons i feel rane got it locked down are

*for people who like EQs...the ranes are very precise

* the level knob, if used correctly with the volume fader, can "compare" to a urei in mixing style

* and for the people who like to cut and strobe and juggle...the fader is dope as hell.

granted for house, most swear by a urei

and for hiphop most swear by an 07pro

the rane series ties both of the 2 aboves best features into 2 mixer

(i dont work for rane)...lol

and check this out to see my fav & other opinions:

www.soundfactoryboston.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000903.html

A Rane mp 44 is a great mixer for club use, but its not necesary for home, nor is it very practicle b/c you cannot keep it in a coffin. (you hook stuff in through the bottom) If you want a Rane mixer, go for one in the MOJO series, they are great mixers and less expense (and more practical.)

do NOT i repeat do NOT fall into the "i need a Pioneer djm 600" trap. I fell for it and totally regret it. Don't get me wrong, its not a bad mixer, but the feel is very cheap...like a Fisher Price "my first mixer" It is definatly a standard mixer (at least out here in Seattle it is used at almost every club and party in the city) but you do not need it, all it has that makes it so "special," are fancy little effects and bpm counter that newbie dj's use to cover up the fact that they cannot mix. If however you do like the pioneer...cheack out teh DJM 500, it has a much more sturdy feel then does the 600.

Above all tho i have to say that i ADORE Vestax mixers. I am keeping my 600 beacuse i rent out sound and gear for parties but for persoanl use i am all abuot teh Vestax PMC 25 (and its not that expensive at all)

However, if you are interested in a 600 i know of somone who is selling one for 900...thoi it is out here in Seattle. If you are interested go to www.nwtekno.org and look in the "buy sell trade" forum....

I don't want a pioneer 600... I was jsut questioning where I could buy one for under $800... My original question was what is the best mixer out there for under $800???? I've never seen this mixer for that price.... I do like the 500 though and have seen that for $709 new.

Rane 2016, no comparison.

I worked on the old EURI's or however you spell them a couple times... i like them alot, but having an EQ on each channel with the Rane seems to be nice sometimes...

Go with a Rane, youll never have to repair it, or regret it.