Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Q. for DJ's with girlfriends

my girls is seeing a a well known DJ -

He clearly told her - "I don't want you in the club" - Infact he discourages her from going to clubs and partying.

Infact - he keeps her out of his "clublife"

He said it's becaue "She's a pain in the ass" ( Which is just BS)

Does he not want her in his club because - he's afraid he won't be able to concentrate when she's around ? Or he's just being an egomainac ?

To any DJs - do get embarassed or annoyed if your girl is around you when you're spinning ?

I used to have the same situation. Me & my girl fought over it all the time. I used to DJ at the Tunnel in the basement (hiphop lounge) back in 98-99 I didn't really want her there. First off

she'd fight with me when ever a girl came by the dj booth to request a song or say hello, The fighting was a real distraction. I'd also be distracted just worrying the whole night that a girl was gonna approach the DJ booth while she was there. On top of that she'd be sitting 10 feet away from me and while I was spinning I'd see guys trying to kick it to her which was another major distraction.

I had many female friends in the club at that time and I felt very uncomfortable when my girl was there. it would ruin my night.

(ps - I was faithful, she was insecure!))

I am not a DJ, but I'm giving my opinion any way, I think if you don't like having your girlfriend or boyfriend around you in certain places or when doing certain things, then you shouldn't be with them...I wouldn't be with someone unless we were comfortable with eachother all of the time...

Originally posted by russ reign

I love it when my girlfriend comes out to watch me spin, it's cool to know that she appreciates what I'm doing enough to make her plans around it :)

yeah i would feel the same way if i had a girlfriend...she would be someone i LIKED having around

my fiance is a dj, and when i first started dating him (damn! 7 years ago) he wouldn't take me out to raves because i wasn't into the scene. i found it on my own and learned to love it, and for the past 6 years we have been going together so we could share it's special memories.

whenever he djs i go, because i am his biggest fan. he seems to like having me there because i will honestly critique his mixes.

and as for the clubs, of course he wants me there but i usually don't hang on him and we both talk to different groups of friends independently and meet up occasionally throughout the night. its how we stay sane.

Originally posted by tastyt

Do you or your friends know any men that aren't complete assholes???

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

well when my bf is spinning he never tells me not to come to the party or whatever.... i think he likes having me around... of course i dont hang over his shoulder.. <well i do sometimes when i wanna sneak a hug or something hehe> but i party and do my thing while he does his... and when hes all done spinning, we party together ;)