Clubplanet Nightlife Community

louie devito is the worst

pipdaddy

not only is he dropping his NEW "underground 4" cd...but he actually has the gall to drop sandstorm/robbie tronco/billy joel/blow the speakers in the same 1/2 hour. it's october 2001. HELLO. the guy needs to break out of his 1999 slump and get with the program.

i know his cds make mad $$ and are #1 on all the charts, but when he shows up at a club (hunka bunka tonight) he should attempt to perform or do more than just pop in his NEW cd and hit play. i know the crowd there is weak, and jerzeee and etc. etc. etc. but even the guidos were thinking.....aren't these beatz from last year and old? i was also looking at his vinyl and cd selection in the booth, and damn....i feel bad for kirk..has to actually stand there and pretend he likes the shit. some people just don't have the ear.....sorry.....i just needed to vent

i have to disagree....the people who like his stuff arent stupid for buying what he puts out...in fact, they have decent taste because all of the stuff that comes out on his shit is hot....the fact that we, the true house heads, have the music earlier doesnt mean anything in the equation, because its simply a business matter....the man makes sick money because most of the public isnt interested on keeping up with the newest hottest music all the time....they just want something fun to play at house parties, in the car, or to put on before going out....

we are the minority, they are the majority, and divito is smart for recognizing that...id rather be in his shoes making that kind of loot with that kind of fame, than be the guy sitting here on a message board being jealous and makng fun

BG

Originally posted by ibclubbin

i have to disagree....the people who like his stuff arent stupid for buying what he puts out...in fact, they have decent taste because all of the stuff that comes out on his shit is hot....the fact that we, the true house heads, have the music earlier doesnt mean anything in the equation, because its simply a business matter....the man makes sick money because most of the public isnt interested on keeping up with the newest hottest music all the time....they just want something fun to play at house parties, in the car, or to put on before going out....

we are the minority, they are the majority, and divito is smart for recognizing that...id rather be in his shoes making that kind of loot with that kind of fame, than be the guy sitting here on a message board being jealous and makng fun

BG

well said. agree 100%

couldnt say it any better myself

Originally posted by ibclubbin

BG

i agree 100% too. im not gonna be buying nycunderground vol. 4, cuz i saw the tracklisting, and i have every single song on it already. but for all the people who arent really into the nyc club scene, and like that techno music(cuz u know that;'s what they call it), its a great cd. they get to hear some of the hotter tracks, even though to us, its old.

yyyyup... same thing with skribble... people always make fun of him for bein a ktu, mtv dj... but thats workin out quite well for him isnt it?? b/c people who call it 'techo' like xtcgspot said, and people that care more about wuts bein played on the radio and not care about the newest tracks bein played at a club, these dj's are perfect.

i wouldnt mind giving it a listen....i like all of the tracks on it, and i could def put it on when im trying to chill out...i dont see anything wrong with liking it, even if its old

as i always say to people who are on the "music sucks after its been out for 5 min tip", old does not equal bad and new does not equal good

BG

Originally posted by xtcgspot

i agree 100% too. im not gonna be buying nycunderground vol. 4, cuz i saw the tracklisting, and i have every single song on it already. but for all the people who arent really into the nyc club scene, and like that techno music(cuz u know that;'s what they call it), its a great cd. they get to hear some of the hotter tracks, even though to us, its old.

i know its sad right

this girl at school always calls it techno and i wanna smack her...im like its not techno damnit:o :o

i think you missed the point. i agree about making money and it's a business and everything. but if you're gonna show up as a guest dj, don't just bring your new cd and hit play. show some skills, mix something new, do something original. i could put together a cd and sell it and show up somewhere and hit play. i don't wanna go out and be able to id every song that is played

BG

Amen, let's give it up for the purists!

What is this the Devito bandwagon?.....Anybody could of put that CD together.....he just got the copyrights way too late(cause he has no respect in the industry).....yes its aimed at the mass population.....but....did it take any talent? my CD burner mixes traxx just as well.....Sure this CD will make money & sell copies but it has nothing to wit Devito....example Joe Blow KTU Underground vol.4 would sell just as many copies....its the same wit any compalation CD such as MTV,NOW! this is music series... etc,.....etc.....they sell because of they were popular traxx way back when....& thats it.......This is why Devito blows.....

Skribble ROCKS!!! always will:)

wow. when i started this thread late night, i never thought it would solicit such a response. can ya feel the love for louie...huh? can ya feel it? ladies and gentlemen...mr louie devito...ha ha haaa ha ha haaaa..dun dun dun dunnn dunn dunn dun

im not by any means a fan of devito...

but i am a business major, and i respect his ability to make connections and so forth...he is a good business man because he sees a way to use what he knows and who he knows to make a $ bill, and you have to respect that...its just harder to respect him because he is catering to the mainstream....but hey, if you want to make money, thats the place to be

purists, say what you will....DJing is about the music, its about love, its about all that...but its also about making a living

BG

Originally posted by linabina

techno is what i called it in like.... 7th grade!!! my best friend calls it techno and i always give her this look when she says it... then shes like "sorry... HOUSE" all sarcastic and shit lol... but it really is annoying :rolleyes:

randall does? damn, i thought she knew a little bit more about the music than that. sad thing is its not even really house either. i know i call it house all the time cuz its just easier, more people understand what im talkin about then. but the cd's i make are really hard/progressive trance. but i wouldnt dare even get into that with most of the people i know, cuz they would have no clue. its amazing they even know what house is