Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Easy CD Creator (adaptec) & Windows XP

Originally posted by inyourdreams

I just upgraded to Windows XP but my adaptec software isn't compatible....anyone know where i can download the cd recording software thats compatible?????

you might be assed out for the time being...

just checked out adaptec's page and they don't seem to have downloads/support for windows xp.

i'd contact them anyway just to be sure the windows 2000 versions might be useful to you.

That was not a good idea to upgrade to XP.....first of all its brand new so u are likely to have many driver problems like the one you are describing and also I have read that the authentication software they have built into it can be a bitch. Just upgrading your computer could make it unable to reinstall windows.

Try Roxio.com, as adaptec doesn't make that software anymore... and Roxio bought it.

Better yet:

http://www.roxio.com/en/company/roxio_xp.jhtml

That has all the info/links to getting it working.

(Hey, who says being a professional computer geek never helped anything... The funny part is, I'm at work right now, posting messages instead of fixing computers or whatever it is I do here, hehe)