Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what was your first "trance" experience?

realz

HAH.

My first experience with "Trance" or the electronic music scene was .....

PAUL OAKENFOLD - TRANCEPORT. <- the exact CD that started all this madness ahhhhhhhhhh!

Wow...... was I mesmerized... Binary Finary!!! The first time I went to Sound Factory, I remember Alan Sax or Dan Barnes threw that track on and I went insane.

I know I can never like these tracks the same way I used to :( (perhaps it was my first couple of dropping experiences that phased me.. or perhaps it was my virgin ears getting pierced for the first time by the electic beats of the bass)

Damn.. Ive come a long way... :laugh:

What was yours??

My first clubbing trance experience was 2nd week of May 2000 at Twilo for PVD. What an awesome night!! I started listening to trance 3-4 years ago though, started off with some cheesy popular stuff and then moved onto the good stuff. Tranceport 1 is definetely a favorite of mine.

Paul Oakenfold-Tranceport really got me into trance. Still a damn good cd to this day. Then hearing Johnny Vicious for the first time at Factory for the SRC-Vulcan record release party just blew me away. I still remember some of the songs he dropped that night. Memories.......

plastikman : musik

i know it's not trance as you know it

but it's definately acid trance.

(i wouldn't even classify it as acid house.)

bought the cd in a local record shop and

have been a BIG richie hawtin fan ever since.

comparing that cd to others has

led me on quite the journey.

when i was around 12 (1989-90) i used to dream about electronic music - not quite as textured as trance is today, more jagged-edge like the rave anthems of the early 90s. i had no idea that halfway across the country and halfway around the world the acid house revolution was going on...

alas my love afair with electronic music that was not just in my head began with the utah saints.... it was such an easy transition from death metal/industrial to techno that even the most devoted diecide fans in my circle discovered the trance perculator.....

Originally posted by dialectics

utah saints...

i hear that.

i first heard "trance atlantic flight"

on a skateboard show on cable

and saw "something good" on mtv's 120 minutes

(back before amp existed, and 120 actually

played good shit) like two weeks later.

then... couldn't find the EP for something

good until like 2/3 months later. typical. :D

to be honest, my first was tranzworld 1 also, later i started gettin more into it and have realized that it sux and i can no longer listen to it,but that is what got me started. Ever since the first time i heard that type of music i couldn't wait to go to a club in NYC. That was all i wanted. I live in jersy but had never went to a club in Nj. I was a Dj who loved the music, but in a way i wanted to save myself for the best.......so when my birthday came on friday feb.23 2001 (18)....it all started. I went to twilo to see john digweed. The beatz he dropped were iNsAnE. I went absolutly nUtZ. It just about measures up to be the best night of my life. It's like an addiction(among other things:D ). I can't get enough of it. If it came down to it i would have to say that that was my first experience,and it was great one!!!!!!!!

tWiLo lIvEs oN.........

Originally posted by dialectics

when i was around 12 (1989-90) i used to dream about electronic music - not quite as textured as trance is today, more jagged-edge like the rave anthems of the early 90s. i had no idea that halfway across the country and halfway around the world the acid house revolution was going on...

alas my love afair with electronic music that was not just in my head began with the utah saints.... it was such an easy transition from death metal/industrial to techno that even the most devoted diecide fans in my circle discovered the trance perculator.....

Dang, a lot of you guys are really young :)

i hear ya. I was first introduced to electronica in the mid-late 80's with erasure, pet shop boys, new order etc. On ever single would be a remix - sometimes a sound thats more closely related to todays trance than what not. Finally in the late 80's , early 90's now household names like Junior Vasquez and David Morales began doing their own remixes of their songs on a regular basis.

Ever since then - the entire scene just blew up.

UTAH SAINTS baby! that was one hell of an album. w/Something good and I Want You .. and that Kinetic song or something .. track no. 8 i think. hehehe.

My 1st was a night I will not so easily forget...The Chemical Bros/Oakenfold night at Hammerstein a few years ago (or was it 2?/?)

did my first pill (1/2 versace) and fell head over ASS for Oakey (i actually thought it was chem. bros, but my friend said it was Paul Oakenfold :tongue: )

When the Chemical Bros came on, I was stuck on their breakbeat/swooshy airplane overhead sounds, but Oakenfold's set was AMAZING

:cool:

well i usta listen to like 1995-96 trance on friday and sat nights on college pirate radio stations such as 88.9 WSIA (the college of staten island) but like the one song that totallllllllly lifted me off the ground with trance and still does to this day is.....ESCAPE by KAY CEE

P.S. check out the lil attached pic for all u tranceheads :tongue:

1992 Jam & Spoon "Stella" from the Tales of a Dancegraphic Ocean EP.

1992 Future Sound Of London "Papua New Guinea"

These two record are the seeds that ignited what would later become labeled as trance. Awesome fresh timeless even today after almost 10 years.

My first trance experience.... okay I am a youngin so bear with me here... was over in London. I was there on a school trip and we went into a music store and were listening to a couple cds. I bought this obviously main stream one called "Club Mix 2000". The first CD was very disco... the second cd had PVD - Another Way, Bedrock - Heaven Scent, ATB - Don't Stop, and a whole slew of other tracks. I listened to that CD over and over agian until I met this DJ kid at a party who was like "here, let me give you a list of things to buy". My first "real" trance CD was Sasha and Digweed - Communication.... since then I have been hooked.

I spent my junior high years in Switzerland, when everybody was listening to cheesy pop techno (Rhythm is a Dancer, etc.) I still have six CD's from the "Dance Mission" series :). But then my best friend bought a CD called "Street Parade". It sounded so *different*, so much *better*! I didn't understand how they made it sound like just one song -- I thought they just laid the songs end to end.

I listened to that CD over and over again, and it was my only real trance CD until a couple of years ago, when I discovered Oakenfold... and Sasha... and Digweed... etc... now I listen mostly to house, but it's fun to look back on how my taste and exposure to music evolved.

:blank::rolleyes: My first experience with trance was with HARD trance. I absolutely love it, about 2yrs ago my friends took me to my first real actually good rave:bounce: Hours of bliss and halucinations with tons of different DJ's spinning..... The whole point of the rave was to see Nostrum .... all I can say was incredible!!!!!!!!

Trance brings out all your emotions one at a time and make you almost reflect and re-experience them as you once did, very power full....