Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami Vs New York Clubs.

eddy226

Yeah I know My Nyc Music, I give DT all the credit in the world he is AWESOME.... BUT the other djs u mentioned except for Fontaine, Deep Dish, and sasha & digweed, are horrible. I do admit I am a little one sided and that is probably because I have little to no TRANCE (Progressive, Epic, Hard) In NYC. I have looked everywhere to find some. And as far as people being wasted I do agree about Space they are wrecked but on a whole even at space the people and the scence is so much more enjoyable. Also Pvd is spinning in Miami, 2X in 2 months, where else can you get that. Tiesto 6 hr set. Block Party with Oakey, Rabbit in the Moon, Edgar V.

I do apologize for my one sided comments, and it is because of the fact that NO ONE Spins Trance. If anyone knows a place please tell me. Also being a dj myself and not being able to get a gig because I dont spin like DT or Peters is a little annoying. Finally I also belive everyone that many people dont even know the Trance scene therefore You cannot really compare the music and I may have took that to far.

Plus The Mayor is an ASSHOLE about Clubs,

umm chynado11, i hate to burst your bubble, but just about every dj that played at or were residents at twilo, were playing here in miami on a regular basis way before nyc. in some cases YEARS before twilo even existed. and i'm not just talking about WMC. danny howells, dave seaman, sasha and digweed, anthony pappa come to mind. hell twilo just improved on what groovejet had built. if it wasn't for someone at twilo having solid music taste, nyc would still be a step behind.

sorry to sound so crass, but i'm sick and tired of nyc thinking they discovered good music. it's kinda like thinking the world didn't exist til the day you were born. i know it's hard to believe, but there was a prog scene before nyc discovered it.

oh, and next time you see danny tenaglia, ask him about a place called cheers.

Originally posted by eviljav666

as far as crowd is concerned Maimi is a little more on the Fashion tip then NY...there are some clubs in NY where dress code is not an issue!

Since when did fashion become the basis of a club.....I live in the NYC area and have spent numerous yrs clubbing in both cities. And its 2 totally different spots. Miami is good but its a tourist city. Thats why no one knows who is spinning where. No DJ gets a true following. And as far as NYC goes the club scene here is one of the best in the world. The fashion thing.....let me see........300 guys and gals dressed like each other or everyone Be Yourself?? I would rather Be Myself