Clubplanet Nightlife Community

open tables

TM

starting Nov. 7th. Phoenix will be bringing you a new party on wed. nights.... open tables for the first couple of DJ's there, when the doors open.... then Kurtis & TM will close out the night....

more info to follow, on location, times and all that good stuff...

Originally posted by heretic909

Why don't you let the DJs have a royal rumble and the winner gets to spin? And no, it's not just because I'm 6'2" and 250lbs. :D

hhhhhhmmmm, ya' think the cabaret laws will hold up to this.... ;)

Originally posted by TM

hhhhhhmmmm, ya' think the cabaret laws will hold up to this.... ;)

Damn you Rudy for your infernal cabaret laws!!! Unless... We hold the rumble outside on the street and make it a 'no holds barred' match and then the winner can go inside to spin. Whadya think?

it is nice to give back.... :)

here's the deal.... doors will open @ 9pm, from 9-10:30pm the tables will be open... the first 3 DJ's that sign the roster will be

given a half hour to play their stuff... after a DJ has played, that DJ will not be allowed to play again until a month after their play date... all DJ's will need to bring their own needles & headphones, if you do not bring your own stuff, we will take the next roster spot over yours... all forms of music will be tolerated, with the exception of Hip-Hop... go to my website www.phoenixnyc.com for more info... (I will post more info tonight on my site).

@ 10:30pm Kurtis & myself will take over the tables... we will also be having guest DJ's (send over demos), and themed parties...

the party will be a bi-weekly party, which means it occurs every other week, starting on Nov. 7th, then the next party will be Nov. 21st, then Dec. 5th, etc. etc...

all this info is subject to change, if need be... and we reserve the right to be selective @ our party, in other words, music snobs, and people who knock any style of the scene or music will not be allowed entry into the party... we are looking to keep things simple and real, and will try our hardest to take things back to basics....

venue will be announced in a couple of days... ;)

Originally posted by sleepiswaste

<---------6'4 240 :tongue:

Awww shit, it's on! Gonna be a titan DJ rumble! heh heh

And TM, when you say 'all forms of music will be tolerated', how tolerant are we talkin here? If I bring the hard house or trance with me I'll only be able to play maybe 5 or 6 tracks in a half hour slot. But if I bring my gabber/hardcore records I can probably get in between 10-15 tracks in the same amount of time so I'd be more inclined to go that route. But not knowing what kind of crowd to expect, I might get drinks thrown at me if the people don't take kindly to being assaulted with some distorted 909 hardcore pounding in their skulls. In which case I might have to start smashing my vinyl upside people's heads to defend myself, and the whole thing could get a little ugly.

yes, I mean all form of music will be tolerated... if it's a bit much, I may ask you to turn it down some, but other then that , I don't think it will be much of a problem....

I'm also open for spoken word, or some other artistic expression

within that 30 minute time frame...

Phoenix: Nov. 7th

Venue to be announced

on Friday (11/02)

Starting on Wed. Nov 7th, Phoenix will begin it's new wed. night party. The party will

be a bi-weekly party, with the following party on Nov 21st, then Dec. 5th, etc, etc...

The doors will open @ 9pm, and feature an open turntables policy until 10:30pm, followed by TM & Kurtis. The rules for the open turntables are simple, each DJ will get

a half hour to play, the first 3 DJ's to sign the roster for that week, will be the ones

who will get the half hour slots. Each DJ has to have their own needles & headphones,

and also enough records to play for a half hour. Any DJ who does not have this, will

forfit their spot on the sign in roster, and the following DJ will take their place. All DJ's

that are chosen, will not be eligiable to play again, until one month after their play date.

All music genres will be accepted, with the exception of Hip-Hop, however, they will be subject to change by myself or any other Phoenix staff member (this policy totally depends on the vibe of the people @ the party). Our goal here is to give back to the local jocks, and get things back to basics, and the basics are music, people & the vibe. Phoenix will not tolerate music snobs,or people who knock the scene, or these DJ's in any way, and by doing so, we reserve the right to be selective, so please let's keep the vibes real, and love in the air. Phoenix will also include themed parties, as well as some spoken word, along with other local artistic talent. We are also accepting demos from

more established DJ's to come down and open, as well. Any questions or further information you may need, please feel free to contact Phoenix, and we will return your email within 24 hours.

-Keep the Fire Burnin'

-TM

Originally posted by silente

YEAH??? Well I'm 5'6" 130, so.....:sizingupbigguysrealizingmistake:....shit. I'll just be sitting over here then. But y'all are missin out on some BITCHIN breaks!!! ;)

yo don't let bein a shorty keep you down...i'm 5'7" 160...we gotta be ready to "deal fives" at all times...remember to swing low, though :laugh:

so where can we hear some of those yummy breaks?