Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ok, Who's Going To See Oakie @ Hammerstein Ballroom

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks trancend, Ive never been to Hammerstein, but was told from friends who went last year that 2nd give you more options to chose from, since they were trapped on dancefloor entire night w/out ability to sit anywhere if needed.. Your right, not entire place.. ...

2nd floor is a hot place to be, epecially if you got a good crowd. You can make your own sppace by moving the chairs. last year the floor was too packed and you could not move, some friends were very uncomfortable down there.

We were on the 2nd floor with about 15 heads going nuts. If youi were tiered sit and relax.

BTW we kept our jacket with us, there was room for us to do a pile up.

Keep in mind when you do get the tix that the ticket you get is for oe floor only and that's it. Security is mad tight to go from floor to floor, but we were blazing all night long.....so need to worry on that security issue.

We got screwed where our friends were on 2 and we were on 3. So they threw us a walet with 3 tickets for 2 and we were let down, we did it for 8 people, it's not so easy but doable.

Just an idea incase you get spead up........

Good luck!!!!!

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

D fuse or seb fontaine .. one of them will open and one of them will come after him ...

I don't know about the closeing DJ, I know last time I was there they started kicking people out after Oakie finished.

Pin2

Originally posted by doga501

It did end at 4 but I think some ppl left after oaky got off the stage, he was spining from 12 to 2. I hope you guys are not brining any coats, it was a mad house down at the coat chck last yr.

Yeah the coat check was hell but, waiting in the coat check line is warmer then waiting to get in without a coat. It was mad cold last year and the line was like down the block.

Pin2

Originally posted by cro

I have been fooled for a whole year....what a let down.... So then of those who did go last year, even if you don't know the name of the DJ, who was better. Okey or the guy after okey?????

In looking at my old ticket stub from last year. The other DJ was Darren Emerson.

Pin2

Originally posted by xcracker

Thanks trancend, Ive never been to Hammerstein, but was told from friends who went last year that 2nd give you more options to chose from, since they were trapped on dancefloor entire night w/out ability to sit anywhere if needed.. Your right, not entire place.. ...

Dude floor is the place to be. Room to dance and move around to get a view from different angles. Also you will not be sitting that night at all.

Pin2

The floor is way too packed.....I'd rather chill with a bunch of people and have loads of room to stop have a drink, smoke do whatever....what also seemed cool is there is room to get busey with someone (if you wanted to) somewhere near by and away from every one......I like having options and not being in a crazy crowd, with no relief for hours on end....

If you like a crazy packed crowd, go to the floor, if you want room to dance and a place to chill at the same time.....2nd floor is the way to go.....

I just hope I get the second floor, last year we could not choose.....

I'm going....thank goodness no work! whoo hoo yeah going only because Oakey is playing along with Seb Fontaine I love him, but him alone for a 2 hour set wouldn't make me part with the little bit of money I have.........this should be good looking forward to it :)

if anyone knows of any good under 21 clubs to go or place that don't card , i'd appreciate some help. i'm coming to the city next weekend and i'm from chicago, also i'd like to check out oakenfeld show. has it already happened? or can i still see it next weekend the 17th of nov.

Last year, Oakey was good (better than Area1). Myself and my brother got tix for upstairs and it sucked. Many people were complaining about that. There were seats there and you can't just dance there. Plus the bouncers were assholes. They were threatening to kick people out. Finally somehow we managed to get to the main floor. It was much better than the top floor. For a while you can dance but by 1 it was impossible to move around. I danced the whole night. It was cold out but I didnt feel it much :D . I wanted to get the poster that they were giving out but I couldn't get it. Well they whole show was short but they had pretty phat display. Oakey needs to play for long hours. I am not going to bother going this time. Enjoy it.

Originally posted by crobra

I'm going - got tickets already - is there going to be some sort of meet up, probably better if it is done before the show - it's going to be a mad house in there!!

I was just thinking this too.....so whats the plan man? :confused::D

Originally posted by trancend

2nd mezz gives you access to second mezz...not the whole venue

Last year we had "floor seats" and it was mobbed, when we tried getting upstairs we were not allowed, however friends who had mezz seats were free to roam where ever. Maybe it changed this year but I would rather have the option to sit if needed. (doubtful)

Doesn't matter the place was insane, the muzak was intense!

Agree do not bring your coats - you will waste a good hour just checking it in and then getting it out. Buy a cheap sweatshirt and if you lose it so what.