Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*ultra* @ SPA rules

zlatang

Originally posted by phuturephunk

I praise you on your reply . . you are true to what you believe . . even though I don't agree with it . . and plus, you came up with a more clever and meaningful answer than anyone else who has read it . . .

. . . Sometimes I get too angry for my own good . .

Peace :)

-Phuturephunk

*berlin, germany, close to midnight,

sipping 'moet' and getting ready to go out*

p/p>>>

i'm glad that you understood me...we are both clever chaps, LOL, so no need for additional negativity, when we already have those crazy anti-asians and anti-latinos to do it for us.

save your nerves and try this link

www.looplabs.com

ciao

z

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, well I personally feel that there is no need for this separation of masses. People should be able to go to whatever club they want to without loosing their "cred". Even if Romy did go to, let's say Centro-Fly or Spa, it does not mean that she "sold out", because we all sold out the moment we were born. No matter what, she is still the same Romina that went to Tunnel and no change of venue is going to change that.

So Romy, r u still going to Spa with me?;)

Originally posted by boreese

Hmm, well I personally feel that there is no need for this separation of masses. People should be able to go to whatever club they want to without loosing their "cred". Even if Romy did go to, let's say Centro-Fly or Spa, it does not mean that she "sold out", because we all sold out the moment we were born. No matter what, she is still the same Romina that went to Tunnel and no change of venue is going to change that.

So Romy, r u still going to Spa with me?;)

i totally agree - clubs that you go to don't make you into a certain type of person....hmmmm......maybe they do after all? LOL...:laugh:

have a blast b&r

ciao

remember: rejection is the greatest aphrodisiac

Hmm, well I personally feel that there is no need for this separation of masses. People should be able to go to whatever club they want to without loosing their "cred".

And neither do I.But until you don't have to look a certain way to go to a certain place there will be seperation.If romy goes,I'll still love her.

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

And neither do I.But until you don't have to look a certain way to go to a certain place there will be seperation.If romy goes,I'll still love her.

This is true. So the only solution is to STOP these codes. Nightlife was created by the people and for the people but, just like everything good in this world, it got taken over by corporations. Just look @ the competition between clubs for the hottest DJ's.

Even though separation will be self-induced once the codes were dropped, at least it will be such--self-induced. Those in Prada will stick to those in Prada, and vice versa, as it is human nature to click up.

But just let us, the club goers, decide to do that instead of cattle driving us into clicks, thank you.

This is true. So the only solution is to STOP these codes. Nightlife was created by the people and for the people but, just like everything good in this world, it got taken over by corporations. Just look @ the competition between clubs for the hottest DJ's.

Even though separation will be self-induced once the codes were dropped, at least it will be such--self-induced. Those in Prada will stick to those in Prada, and vice versa, as it is human nature to click up.

But just let us, the club goers, decide to do that instead of cattle driving us into clicks, thank you.

i agree; however, if the Result (as you yourself said) is the same, then what's the fuss about? that is, if we are going to get separated on the basis of attraction to this or that kind of music/dresscode, then why not just accept the fact that we are ALL DIFFERENT and that we can still enjoy the nightlife as it is. think of the dresscodes as signals of the kind of music/scene we like. if one likes rap, one will dress in such a way etc. this doesn't mean that one HAS TO LOOK in a certain way to like a certain kind of music though (that would be dreadful). clothes are, at least for me, a non-verbal way of communicating with other people....

*gawd this all got way too serious - let's get back to bashing the asians*

;)

Originally posted by zlatang

what's wrong with the dresscodes? LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Are you laughing @ me???!!!! U betta not be!!!! ;)

But anyways, it is just my opinion, but i think that there should be no dress codes. Just let people wear what they want to wear. Then the people will group up by themselves anyways and establish which places are for which kind of crowd. But let the people decide that! Don't dictate me some dress code that I should abide by! Maybe NOT, maybe I want to wear what i want to wear!

I have great style so why should I not be able to express it?!?!:confused:

Are you laughing @ me???!!!! U betta not be!!!! ;)

But anyways, it is just my opinion, but i think that there should be no dress codes. Just let people wear what they want to wear. Then the people will group up by themselves anyways and establish which places are for which kind of crowd. But let the people decide that! Don't dictate me some dress code that I should abide by! Maybe NOT, maybe I want to wear what i want to wear!

I have great style so why should I not be able to express it?!?!:confused:

c'mon *dude*

you're getting serious again.....who's preventing you to express your style?

since you're provoking me to continue this dresscode discussion instead of celebrating spa :D

let me add this:

there are appropriate and inappropriate 'atires' - you don't go to an embassy repeption wearing jeans, do you? so think of the dress codes in those terms - controlling the 'basic requirements'

what's the big deal about the clothes anyway? it's only cut cloth with labels on it

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

what's the big deal about the clothes anyway? it's only cut cloth with labels on it

hmm :)

well 1st of all i neva got serious bout this, OK

2nd clothes are more than just cloth, for some it's like performance art and self-expression--comme pour moi

I put some thought into what i wear, and sometimes even a lot when i want to make some sort of a statement.

Dress codes ARE meant for embassies, but not for clubs. Embassies were created by people who wear those clothes. Clubs were created by people for people, so to speak.

And what is the big deal about clothes??? If it's just a piece of cloth than why do we have to wear the one that costs $200 to get into certain clubs???

hmm :)

well 1st of all i neva got serious bout this, OK

2nd clothes are more than just cloth, for some it's like performance art and self-expression--comme pour moi

I put some thought into what i wear, and sometimes even a lot when i want to make some sort of a statement.

Dress codes ARE meant for embassies, but not for clubs. Embassies were created by people who wear those clothes. Clubs were created by people for people, so to speak.

And what is the big deal about clothes??? If it's just a piece of cloth than why do we have to wear the one that costs $200 to get into certain clubs???

i'm getting sick&tired of this american pseudo-democracy. "clubs were created by the people and for the people" - what is that supposed to mean? you HAVE TO PAY TO GET IN, right? i mean if you were to question everything from this political point of view, then you could also say that there are some people who can't afford to go to clubs, and that's even worse than not being let in because of the clothes.

+ you don't have to wear 200$ suit to get to clubs - you could just as well buy clothes at h&m, cut them and look better than the armani crew. i believe in clothes as mean of self-expression and it is exactly because of it that i think people who show their imagination in dressing up should have priviledges of a kind....:D :D :D

I believe in clothes as mean of self-expression and it is exactly because of it that i think people who show their imagination in dressing up should have priviledges of a kind....:D :D :D

Hmm. So you believe that ravers are not expressing themselves, or others that do not wear designer clothes?

So you believe that you are actually expressing yourself by wearing someone else's name?

STOP STOP STOP

my stomach is hurting AW AW AW

special priviledges? well I guess you should get those for actually walking into Gucci and pulling out your plastic; that is so creative, you definetely deserve all of the priveledges available.

BTW I'm not American :)

Hmm. So you believe that ravers are not expressing themselves, or others that do not wear designer clothes?

So you believe that you are actually expressing yourself by wearing someone else's name?

special priviledges? well I guess you should get those for actually walking into Gucci and pulling out your plastic; that is so creative, you definetely deserve all of the priveledges available.

BTW I'm not American :)

no, no, don't misinterpret what i said! ravers do express themselves and thus they deserve to be let in certain (ie raver's) clubs where the glowing sticks that they chew are Big! that their aesthetic in not the one i prefer doesn't make it less respectable.

and, *he-llo*, didn't i mention h&m (and NOT gucci) in my post? a brandname/label doesn't make the style - hence the stupid bimbos or guidos who have no style when wearing labelled clothes.

i know you aren't american. but then please stop using the jargon they do, for example 'equality for all in the clubs' etc. one other thing - americans hate labels that they don't know/ fashion that they don't understand - like mcqueen, gucci, colonna etc. by attacking people who wear those brands and who are usually called 'eurotrash', you're attacking some of the creative foreign guys/girls who found their niche in nyc and who make this country a better/more diverse one! and needless to add, who make nyc a more stylish city!!!

:D :D :D

i know you aren't american. but then please stop using the jargon they do, for example 'equality for all in the clubs' etc. one other thing - americans hate labels that they don't know/ fashion that they don't understand - like mcqueen, gucci, colonna etc. by attacking people who wear those brands and who are usually called 'eurotrash', you're attacking some of the creative foreign guys/girls who found their niche in nyc and who make this country a better/more diverse one! and needless to add, who make nyc a more stylish city!!!

1st of all I can use any kind I jargon that I prefer, OK

2nd I would never trash my fellow Euros sweetie dahling

I'm just trashing the Americans :D :D :D

3rd Eurotrash are those that wear Armani suits and Gucci loafers not Alexander McQueen or Vivienne or Jean Colonna, just so you know; since it seems that I know a lot more about people-labels than you do, especially since I've come to this country.

1st of all I can use any kind I jargon that I prefer, OK

2nd I would never trash my fellow Euros sweetie dahling

I'm just trashing the Americans :D :D :D

3rd Eurotrash are those that wear Armani suits and Gucci loafers not Alexander McQueen or Vivienne or Jean Colonna, just so you know; since it seems that I know a lot more about people-labels than you do, especially since I've come to this country.

we got very nasty now, and personal as well.

1 - go ahead and use any jargon you want - all i said is that you are getting close to the jargon the americans use (see my post on 'pseudo-democracy' and please read it carefully)

2 - i couldn't agree more

3 - i doubt i need a fashion advice

(i hate doing this, but i was provoked:

i modelled in europe and in nyc; i also wrote for fashion magazines and edited a fashion-week bulletin

+ a close friend of mine is a famous journalist who covers NYFW and whose articles are published in NYT, so had i been in need for a fashion advice, i would have gone to him rather than reading posts on CP)

you restated things i already said + i don't think that wearing gucci loafers makes one automatically a eurotrash.

now this IS drama! i hope you'll eventually stop bitching and realise we are on the same side of the fashion wall!

:D :D :D

ur too funny

anyway, a sense of humour is always good to have u know

and I was not giving any fashion advice, as I don't like doing anyway; I have my own style and hate when people try to copy others'.

if u read carefully u would see that I wrote "people-labels", as in the labels that people give each other

Americans are especially good at it--top notch.

That's all I wrote, but if you insist on taking things personally than that's your choice.

It is interesting how some people cannot justify what they say just with their intelligence; citing your alleged friends and occupations only undermines your previous points. Those that have to resort to "I did this, and I know this dude" can never impress me, sorry.

ur too funny

anyway, a sense of humour is always good to have u know

and I was not giving any fashion advice, as I don't like doing anyway; I have my own style and hate when people try to copy others'.

if u read carefully u would see that I wrote "people-labels", as in the labels that people give each other

Americans are especially good at it--top notch.

That's all I wrote, but if you insist on taking things personally than that's your choice.

It is interesting how some people cannot justify what they say just with their intelligence; citing your alleged friends and occupations only undermines your previous points. Those that have to resort to "I did this, and I know this dude" can never impress me, sorry.

hehe you are funny as well. however, here's a quote from your previous post:

"3rd Eurotrash are those that wear Armani suits and Gucci loafers not Alexander McQueen or Vivienne or Jean Colonna, just so you know; since it seems that I know a lot more about people-labels than you do, especially since I've come to this country. "

so you claim you're not into people-labels, yet you use fashion labels them to define eurotrash. isn't that a form of discrimination? if you make accounts like that, then you can't say you're not making fashion evaluations.

and lastly, i wasn't aiming to impress you - i merely states some facts which serve to show i have enough experience to make my own fashion choices.

ok, back to champagne and :-===----------

check the "i hate bimbos who..." thread

ciao

z

:shades2: :shades2: :shades2:

so you claim you're not into people-labels, yet you use fashion labels them to define eurotrash. isn't that a form of discrimination? if you make accounts like that, then you can't say you're not making fashion evaluations

ok

well yet again, I was stating what Americans traditionally define as Eurotrash

and its funny that you say that you make your own fashion choices, yet you needed all that expirience in the industry to come up with them. so does that really make them your own?

"back to champagne and :-===----------"

is that part of the "expirience" that you acquired???

i never really got that either. i find it very hard to justify spending more than $50 on an item, unless its a suit, shoes or a jacket

its not just glammy shit thats expensive. there is a raver clothing store here called cyberdog. the t-shirts start at $50 and the pants start at $75. they look cool, but i cant justify spending that much money on that shit