Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Most overrated DJ

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Skribbles is good for what he does. He doesn't attempt to cross over into the trance aspects music and stays strictly with vocals. I don't particularly care for the music, but he puts it together.

I was thinking more on the lines of Louie DeVito just because of the album sales.

i love how oakenfold advertises himself as "the greatest dj on earth!"

meanwhile the little bitch can't even match his socks let alone a beat. and you don't even wanna know how often that fuck changes his record box....because from what i understand he'll be throwing down the exact same set at hammerstein that he did last year, except he recently added kosheen- hide u which had a one year birthday back in july.

Originally posted by mattyparsons

i love how oakenfold advertises himself as "the greatest dj on earth!"

meanwhile the little bitch can't even match his socks let alone a beat. and you don't even wanna know how often that fuck changes his record box....because from what i understand he'll be throwing down the exact same set at hammerstein that he did last year, except he recently added kosheen- hide u which had a one year birthday back in july.

Wow has it been a year already? :biggrin: Definitely Oakenfold...last time I saw him was during Mardi Gras...I think he just put in CD 2 of Another World & stood behind the booth...oh well we managed to have fun anyway ;)

i agree with all you guys..

Scribbles was is still good when he does hip-hop he realy can cut it up..iam not a fan but ill give him credit for he's ability...

My most over rated DJ would have to be JP.

i listen to him often. and if it wasnt for SF staying open sooo late i would go soo often.

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

Well i dont think OAKENFOLD IS OVERRATED AT ALL !!!

first tell me have you guys ever ever seen him live !!

if u have then u gotta be kidding me !! by saying he is overrated

pete tong is over rated - plays complete bullshit music

tony draper that guy needs to stop spinning

you obviously havent listened to wosp-gettin' into u

wosp is a joint venture between tong, seb fonatine, and sister bliss

and as for oakie bitch.....i think the swordfish soundtrack says it all......

I agree, Oakenfold might have gotten a little worse, but he is still the man. He has achieved everything a DJ can achieve in his lifetime.

What would you have done if you were him? I mean, you already have tonn of money and people will come to your gig no matter what you spin.

Of course, I do respect him less for the fact that that he plays the same shit over and over again. However, its bullshit to say that he cant mix or beatmatch, he just does it differently. I am no DJ, but I like the way he does it and I dont think he would have made it so big if he couldnt do it.

I am not talking about the fact that he's got the best feel for the music. For example, Nat Monday"Waiting" being played by everyone from S&D to Deep Dish and Howells was first played by him.

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

DO you REALIZE that SWORDFISH IS A MOVIE ALBUM !!!

The music has to go with the movie !!

and its not a movie like GROOVE where u have underground clubing !!!

in which you have good music!!!

pls think over what u said and what i said

thank you

its not one of his perfecto albums!!!

run lola run was a movie album too....and it inspired 2 club hits in europe