Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Most overrated DJ

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Oakie is the man, he's such an entertainer & he still knows how to take people on a journey & show emotion through his music, even tho realz always mention that "he touches himself while he spin." lol

As for Van Dyk, I DEFINITELY think PVD is the man, he is one fuckin awesome Progressive trance producer. The twilo days with him were beyond what words can describe.

Shit, I wouldn't mind being either one. hehe

For Jules doesn't impress me, probably perfect for exit after hearing him at limelight. Draper...chillz. I hate his shit. It's like Noise. Scribbles - ehh...

(I just don't like that EXIT music sound, that's all. I'm more into that Twilo-esq music) :)

i said it before and i'll say it again-

oakenfold can't mix for shit.

yes i HAVE seen him live, which is why i think he sucks.

i actually thought he was kinda ok until i saw him live. he fucking blows. i spent 50 bucks to have him throw down every track from another world.

my girlfriend who's in buenos arires right now went to "Creamfields buenos aires" last weekend, where they had like 20 big name djs. she said everyone was absolutely amazing except for oakenfold, because not only was his set pretty dull and cheesy, but he was one of the only ones who had any technical problems with mixing.

go to hammerstein and shell out 40-50 bucks to hear oakey praise himself for two hours, then head over to soundfactory the next day to hear a real dj (tenaglia) do what real djs should.

I know there's probably a lot of Vinyl people on this board...But, I have to say Teneglia...Saw him at World on Oct. 13th...I thought the music sucked...it was boring tribal-beat shit...just redundant beats that went on forever...The music had no emotion, no energy! I'll never go see him again.

to the asshole that said PVD sucks : :blank:

Oakencheese is a SELL OUT. Although I must say his last set was decent, he's still w-a-c-k.

Judge Jules is one of UK's finest. he's like the Funkmaster Flex of MOS. Doesnt mean he's commericial, just means hes got the skills to reach the top! lol (although, I think he isnt much to talk about)

Scribbles : Although he sold out to get his fame. I actually think he is decent. Hes no amateur at what he is doing, and the boy can def. mix.

Originally posted by realz

Judge Jules is one of UK's finest. he's like the Funkmaster Flex of MOS. Doesnt mean he's commericial, just means hes got the skills to reach the top! lol (although, I think he isnt much to talk about)

word to the wise...MOS blows. MOS does not play the music you hear on their cds. They play mostly garage, r&b, and hip-hop. Although they do have house on some saturdays, the crowd is super glammy and they never have any big-names play.

If we were discussing overrated clubs, MOS gets my vote over Exit every day (yes its that terrible:( )

realz first of all u sound stupid when u say that oakenfold is a sellout !! u are a EXITHEAD !! so stick to tony draper and jump to his music !!! now that u have junior great !!!

first you guys have to see oakenfold live and then talk his 2 hours are soo amazing that it makes everybody go crazy !!!!

all his albums are awesome !! his last gig from gatecrasher is off the hook and owns tiesto all the way !!!

pls shut up and dont be jealous of some one who is more sucessfull then the DJ U LOVE okay !!!

codiac ... u sound like a kid when u say s&d, pvd and oakenfold are overrated !! geezz....u look like a tony draper fan to me also !!!

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

realz first of all u sound stupid when u say that oakenfold is a sellout !! u are a EXITHEAD !! so stick to tony draper and jump to his music !!! now that u have junior great !!!

Funny, I bet lots of people think you sound stupid when you say Oakenfold isn't a sellout.

first you guys have to see oakenfold live and then talk his 2 hours are soo amazing that it makes everybody go crazy !!!!

We have seen his 2 hours, nuff said.

And oddly enough, people also go crazy at Exit.

all his albums are awesome !!

your opinion

his last gig from gatecrasher is off the hook

your opinion

and owns tiesto all the way !!!

your opinion

pls shut up and dont be jealous of some one who is more sucessfull then the DJ U LOVE okay !!!

That's it...nothing to do with the fact that he doesn't put in an effort and plays for 2 lousy hours for or he plays boring tracks.

codiac ... u sound like a kid when u say s&d, pvd and oakenfold are overrated !! geezz....u look like a tony draper fan to me also !!!

Yeah, based on this comment, we can all tell you're a fine judge of character. :rolleyes:

If you're gonna insult people. at least do it with some intelligence.

Xpander - You coming down to Twirl 12/01? I'm spinning there on that date and could use the support. Mugz said he would come out also. Let me know and I will put you on reduced list. I need some people into the underground or else I will end up having to spin a KTU thing all night, which as you know is really not my thing.

Ministry magazine is cool :P (been an avid reader since their first DRUG ISSUE)

MOS (Ministry of Sound - radio 1) brings in talent...............

Xpander - nicely said

sonicinfusion - again for the twenty millionth time, Exit is buisness. would you quit your job? didnt think so. so peace out buddy

Ministry magazine is cool :P (been an avid reader since their first DRUG ISSUE)

MOS (Ministry of Sound - radio 1) brings in talent...............

Xpander - nicely said

sonicinfusion - again for the twenty millionth time, Exit is buisness. would you quit your job? didnt think so. so peace out buddy

i was just warning everyone not to go to MOS if they go to london

Originally posted by laraver

Xpander - You coming down to Twirl 12/01? I'm spinning there on that date and could use the support. Mugz said he would come out also. Let me know and I will put you on reduced list. I need some people into the underground or else I will end up having to spin a KTU thing all night, which as you know is really not my thing.

WHOA....hehehe....KTU....ewww......lol

complately slipped mind, sorry....too psyched for tonight LOL.

But yeah LA, nothing's definite yet, but Twirl's where I'm aiming and it looks like where i'll end up. Please put me on the list.

BTW, don't suppose the dress code's changed any?

my last point about oakenfold-

give me one good reason why he won't do an 8 hour set and only then will i respect him as a human.

also-

anyone who wants to say anything bad about tenaglia, sasha or digweed being sellouts or sub-par, please raise your hand so i can systematically rip you to shreds and tell you how little you know about dj-ing.

Originally posted by xpander

WHOA....hehehe....KTU....ewww......lol

complately slipped mind, sorry....too psyched for tonight LOL.

But yeah LA, nothing's definite yet, but Twirl's where I'm aiming and it looks like where i'll end up. Please put me on the list.

BTW, don't suppose the dress code's changed any?

As far as I know the dress code is the same. Thanks for the support. Your on the list under your cp handle. Do you need that to be plus any particular number of people? Let me know and I will take care of. Come early, take advantage of the open bar!

PS I have some good stuff planned for the set too. Some classic LSG, RESISTANCE D, a little acid, some trance breaks and of course some wonderfully tribalized deep trance.

Originally posted by laraver

PS I have some good stuff planned for the set too. Some classic LSG, RESISTANCE D, a little acid, some trance breaks and of course some wonderfully tribalized deep trance.

:jawdrop:

You said LSG.....

*giggles profusely*

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

sonicinfusion -- this is an opinion thread THEREFORE anyone can say anything they want.

You're the one that looks like a kid when you get all offended when people are just stating their opinions. DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL. Damn... you need to calm down.

And just for the record, it's Codica not codiac. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mattyparsons

anyone who wants to say anything bad about tenaglia, sasha or digweed being sellouts or sub-par, please raise your hand so i can systematically rip you to shreds and tell you how little you know about dj-ing.

Just because people don't like Sasha & Digweed or Tenaglia doesn't mean that they don't know anything about DJing -- it just means that they don't like their stuff.

Damn -- some of you people think that if someone doesn't think like you that you have a right to talk shit. Chill the fuck out. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

word. couldnt say anything cause i've never been UK clubbing.

thanks for the knowledge :]

heard Home & Cream is off the hook.

they are

unfortunately, they are far from london

there are lots of awesome clubs here though: the cross (for its Renaissance parties), turnmills (weekly tall paul), heaven (diggers once a month), fabric (craaaazzzzzzzyyyyy shiiittt-whole bunch of stuff goes on in there), the end, bar rumba (open every night!), bagley's studios (hard house), Mass (more hard house plus industrial), i could go on forever. About a month ago (when i was away from here unfortunately); diggers, tall paul, sister bliss, tiesto, ferry corsten, seb fontaine, adam f and fatboy slim were all in town the same weekend. I guess its good i was away. I would have lost my mind trying to decide

DJ Boris and Dj Scribble are far from being overrated.

Although they don't create/produce the greatest house music, both of these individuals have the turntable skills to generate a good vibe. They are both very good dj's, and far from being washed up. I admire Dj Scribble's diversity; he is a universal dj that can cater to many crowds.