Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Down there and back.

prplhz

Hey everyone I just wanted to post my review and experience in DC this weekend, for you all to read.

First off I would to apologize for not making the meet-up, the traffic was unbelievable, it took me almost 7 hours to get from NYC to DC on saturday, so I didn't even get to Radiate until 8:30, but then couldn't seem to hook up with anyone:( .

Secondly, I would like to thank the DC area nightlife for an absolutly bangin night!

Well I arrived at the DC Armory around 8:30, only to be amazed at the size of the place and the set up that Ultraworld had put together was pretty awesome. First, I went downstairs to check the place out a little, only to get my first real experience with a live Drum n' Bass set (Andy C & MC Q), not really knowing too much about this music I stayed for a bit trying to get a feel for what was going on. Pretty cool music but the way that I was dressed I don't think I fit in with the whole Drum n' Bass scene. So upstairs to see Scott Henry who was ripping it up and having as much fun as I was at this time. Only to drop Rapture at the end of his set (the song of the night as I heard it 3 times), the whole place seemed to light up and go nuts for the impending set of PVD (the man). So I rushed forward to get in front to get some pics of PVD as I have never been able to bring a camera into an event where he was spinning, and some pics they will be(to be posted at the end of the week). But as usual PVD dropped a solid set, building the energy only to slap us in the face with his usual fat beats. Playing 3 of the songs I had on my wish list (Rapture, Avenue, and Into the Night), only to be sad when his short 3 hour set came to a close with an encore of For An Angel. Oh BTW don't know if they post here but thanks to the NYC guys standing in grade A seating up front holding up the Twilo shirt, that my B-friend had met in Ibiza this year that got me that close up of PVD. :D

Oh great night you say, no no no but it is not over yet! I went to Tiesto to make my trip to DC a complete one, and I must say that, that is an understatment for what I experienced at Glow. WOW! Place small, crowd chill, sound decent, and music priceless. Tiesto was unbelievable, I was going all night long, it was almost like with every song he would get us all worked up only to tear our hearts out with the break of every song. Was this guy for real or was I really that f'd up? I mean was he not having the best time, dancing and enjoying how crazy the crowd was going. Sat in front of the DJ booth practically all night long, dancing my ass off couldn't get enough. I also got to enjoy the comforts of the cage, getting to dance up there at about 4:30 it was a fun time. This was an awesome night cap to an already perfect time.

So thanks DC, had a great time. Hope to get to do it all over again.

Jessica

Pics to be posted later!

I think u mean Rapture, instead of Radiate. Both Scott Henry & PVD dropped Rapture once in their sets. I looked for in the beer tent, but didn't see u. I actually went up to this one girl, who looked sort of what I thought u looked like (granted I was shitty at this point) and said "is your name jessica" and she was very suprised, and said yeah, wondering how I knew her name, and I asked her "Are you on ClubPlanet". I think she thought it was a type of e or something, she looked at me very puzzled, then said no. Anyhow, glad to hear u had a fun time....certainly a night to be remembered.