Sean Bauzay:D - progressive house

DJ Hard(udm records)- house and trance

DJ Messiah(udm records)-hard trance

DJ Seasunz(88.1FM FIU)- house, hard trance

doors open @10PM

$12 entry

18 and over event

VIP and table reservations call 305-310-3940

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, I have no idea how this is going to be or what to expect.....but there you have it......

• 3 weeks later...

the funniest thing about this is that the event is being held in a place known as the "sports page"..its a total red neck sports bar that caters to the NASCAR crowd.....they usually have country bands play there....it is beyond comprehension that they are having this there...let alone table reservations!!!????....those good ol' boy homestead police are gong to have blast with this one......

That is true, fury. However, the guy who's throwing this thing has totally changed the inside of this place and has removed booths that were for seating in order to have more space. The space is 4,000 sqaure feet and there is a dance floor as well. The sound system that's being brought in sounds fine, clear, and loud.

The Sports Page has been under new management for two months and they are turning it into a club starting now. By January the name of the place will be Club Evolution.

Also keep in mind, that what you're saying about throwing a party like this in Homestead is similar to what people said when Space opened in Downtown: "Who could imagine opening a club in downtown where all there is are crackheads?"(I'm not saying this is going to be the next club Space....but it' the same negative mentality)

We're not expecting a bunch of kids either. The people involved in this and their friends are all late 20's and 30's. There'll be no breakbeats or jungle(which would have brought in more kiddies for sure). It's all house and trance.

Like I said, I'm not sure what to expect, and you may be just right. But on the other hand, we really won't know what's going to come out of this until it's over. Believe me, I'll be the first to say here tommorrow how much it sucked ass if indeed it does.

The cops won't bother anyone unless they see a bunch of pookie raver kids rolling face all over the place. I don't think that's going to happen, but I do realize that it may......So, bottom line.....I'll let you know tommorrow exactly how it went....beyondo style......

So what I ask at least of you, Sgt, fury, is to keep at least a little bit of an open mind and wait for my review tommorrow.

*respect*

hey...believe it or not, i live in f'n Homestead and there is not a bigger supporter for this event than me....i had absolutely no idea that the sports page has been remodeled or anything.....the guy running this is Rob, right??.....i talked to him months ago because he was looking to buy some property in dowtown homestead for a club....i realize i came across negative.....im just shocked as hell...im off to NYC today...if not i would definetly attend...(literally 5 min from my house)

So I got in the parking lot at around 1145PM and there were a lot of cars. Got in and it was pretty damn cool...I was really expecting a really small crowd but there were about 300 people in there jamming. The lights were cool. The sound system was fucking good, clear and loud. I threw it down with some progressive....I played Lovely Day, and the new Dicotek track by Hamel and Blackwatch which is bad-ass as fuck in the set...... The crowd was jamming until about 400AM ...then they cleared out by 5.....it was good.....we're doing the same thing for new years at this same place.......so we'll be expecting about a few hundred more people to go for that one.....

Well let me start off by saying that many people badmouthed this event. Too bad they didnt show up. I assisted planning with the Evolution event and let me be the first to tell you that it was very very far fetched. Homestead being the location. It wasnt the best spot to have a party but the ideas went through the roof. If it wasnt for the majority of narrowminded people we have in this city this event would have topped. Im not sayin that it didnt. because I had a blast. The sound, lighting and djs were unimaginable. Sean spun and excellent set and so did Robert, I wont quote on myself because i dont want to look stupid and brag. but over all the music was intese and heart throbbing.

Even though Homestead is not on the map, and noone has ever heard of such a place. Clubbers of all races and roots should have supported the scene and not throw out the cold shoulder. People put alot into making a change and its a shame that people can badmouth change, when everyone is always asking for it. Look for change, after all isnt that what we want......... come down and see what we are doing new yers eve...........DECEMBER 31st. Sports Page Bar & Grill........New Years Celebration......EVOLUTION.....realize who you are in this world. Be There

Words of wisdom, Jason....let's hope for a good turnout on New year's........sgt.- the crowd ranged from early twenties to mid 30's.....good vibe all around....the crowd was dancing......seriously, when I walked in the club it sounded and felt like a smaller version of Space.......no NASCAR crowd;) .....it was fun.....hopefully this can take off....I know Rob and his crew have been putting a lot of time and effort into this and so far it's looking pretty good considering that there has only been one night so far. So let's see who heads out to Homestead on the 31st. We've already invited anyone and everyone on this message board to get in for free and take advantage of free drinks until 11(or is it midnight....not sure)........If you're interested, just PM me or jasonmarc or clubevolution with the first and last names of the people that are going and that's it.....