Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Some Interesting Info You Might Want to Know.....

Spinjunky

Originally posted by cody05

Funny how Merge could not hold up to Temps or XS this past summer. I am sure they won't do it again this summer. Lets face it the club has such a poor set up it is more like a Rock Bar. Any bar u stand at u are staring at a wall. I am sorry to say but even if you went down there to spin Denny that place would not make it (ITS A DUMP)...Keep doing what your doing things seem to be going right so far. Looking forward to Mem. Day and hopefully doing something in Feb.

Yo, CODY, we're meeting up in Hoboken on Thursday for Happy hour at 6 pm, Texas Arizona......you in?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how Merge could not hold up to Temps or XS this past summer. I am sure they won't do it again this summer. Lets face it the club has such a poor set up it is more like a Rock Bar. Any bar u stand at u are staring at a wall. I am sorry to say but even if you went down there to spin Denny that place would not make it (ITS A DUMP)...Keep doing what your doing things seem to be going right so far. Looking forward to Mem. Day and hopefully doing something in Feb.

I beg to differ with that comment, Merge is a dope room, and has the best system and lighting by far out of the shore clubs, maybe even all of Jersey, what it lacks is a DJ.........Andrew just cant get it done

Originally posted by beyourself420

I beg to differ with that comment, Merge is a dope room, and has the best system and lighting by far out of the shore clubs, maybe even all of Jersey, what it lacks is a DJ.........Andrew just cant get it done

Here is someone who knows nothing about ANY of the shore clubs at all.

I dont know if u know clubs all that well but if u put 500 people in that room and u cant move. I agree the system is great but as far as the room what a horrible set up. You cant move around in that place once they have people in there(which doesnt happen too often) And as i said before who wants to always stare at a wall when u are at the bar. And what is up with that tiny little vip section that has walls so high u cant even see the dance floor. It is a good place for someone to go get cracked out which is not my idea of a good time. Seaside is not New York City (Sound Cracktory)

You either got balls or you work for metro/merge to say that lol

Originally posted by johnnyblackroc

Yo, CODY, we're meeting up in Hoboken on Thursday for Happy hour at 6 pm, Texas Arizona......you in?

I think I am going to tradewinds on thurs. but i will send u an e-mail when i know for sure. I am suppose to go to talk to a few people but not sure if they can make it...

I dont know if u know clubs all that well but if u put 500 people in that room and u cant move. I agree the system is great but as far as the room what a horrible set up

Yes I do know clubs that well, so basically your saying 450 people and you have a great party. Since when did a venue need a certain amount of people in it for a party, that is non sense. And if your at the bar turn around and look at the dance floor. I am only stating my opinion when I say its a dope room. As far as the system goes, that is straight facts, the sh*t rocks!!!

And Louie as far as you go........get ready to be shocked, I dont work for Metro, never have, probably never will, and yes I do have a set of balls...........lol........lol.........still lol........and they are steel....

oh yeah as far as being cracked out, i think you mean Temps......everyone is cracked out there

Yes I do know clubs that well, so basically your saying 450 people and you have a great party. Since when did a venue need a certain amount of people in it for a party, that is non sense. And if your at the bar turn around and look at the dance floor. I am only stating my opinion when I say its a dope room. As far as the system goes, that is straight facts, the sh*t rocks!!!

And Louie as far as you go........get ready to be shocked, I dont work for Metro, never have, probably never will, and yes I do have a set of balls...........lol........lol.........still lol........and they are steel....

oh yeah as far as being cracked out, i think you mean Temps......everyone is cracked out there

He knows so much! :laugh: :laugh: Next he will tell us the BAMBOO is breaking all kinds of next music and the DJ there is off the hook. Here is a quater go by yourself a clue.

Originally posted by cosmicgate22

He knows so much! :laugh: :laugh: Next he will tell us the BAMBOO is breaking all kinds of next music and the DJ there is off the hook. Here is a quater go by yourself a clue.

Ok smarty pants, where I am wrong, I stated that MY OPINION was it's a dope room, only my opinion, and Then I stated it has a rocking system, which is not only my opinion but the opinion of many others. I never said Merge was rocking cause we all know that was a ghost town all summer long, and then I went on to say I dont work at Metro (thats a fact jack) and I also went on to say I have a steel set of balls............Bamboo sux my ass, just as Merge does..........I never said it was good just that I personally liked the room

p.s. cosmic person here's a clue for you quarter has 2 r's in it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OK ok so u have BALL OF STEEL! hope they didnt rust at metro when u fell in :tongue:

Honestly now lets not get all touchy.. I appreciate your opinion even if it was a shitty one. You are correct about the system in Merge, but when I said 500 people and u cant move I meant it. That does not mean 450 and u have a good time it is still overcrowded because of the way they designed it. In order to enjoy yourself in that room you need more like 350 people. Maybe that is a good time for you and with the right people it very well can be but dont try and say it is a great room when its not. Fact of the matter is that they really fucked up when they designed that room. But dont take my word for it let their business speak for itsself. Even a great DJ cant pack that place...If they do it sucks because u cant move around.. Now that is not opinion that is FACT!!!!!!:blown:

Originally posted by shockwavepromo

You either got balls or you work for metro/merge to say that lol

I am going with the first option.........

Since when did a venue need a certain amount of people in it for a party, that is non sense. And if your at the bar turn around and look at the dance floor. I am only stating my opinion when I say its a dope room.

I have to agree with beyourself, since when does the number of people have to do with the party??? Yes, the more people the better, but if you have 50 having a great time vs 450 standing there like duds...Where would you rather be??? Personally I wanna be where the fun is at.

OK here is an honest FACT..... Merge had the UNbelievable chance to totally change and dominate the NJ shore nite life. The layout of the room is horrible not because of bar location but because you cant move about the room. I would built up and made it a multi level like XS.

The system is good but it need to be fixed and tuned. Problem is again the layout of the room, acoustically its horrible. Fields bounce too much during peak.

I would remodel now and get ready for the summer and deliever something no one else has.

Mergo is gonna have to spend $$$$ to make $$$$$$$ Being the new kid on the block obviously wasnt not a plus for them

Originally posted by shockwavepromo

OK here is an honest FACT..... Merge had the UNbelievable chance to totally change and dominate the NJ shore nite life. The layout of the room is horrible not because of bar location but because you cant move about the room. I would built up and made it a multi level like XS.

The system is good but it need to be fixed and tuned. Problem is again the layout of the room, acoustically its horrible. Fields bounce too much during peak.

I would remodel now and get ready for the summer and deliever something no one else has.

Mergo is gonna have to spend $$$$ to make $$$$$$$ Being the new kid on the block obviously wasnt not a plus for them

Here, Here!

Can you Say Booking Policy!

I remember just prior to last summer there was a huge buzz about how Seaside was going to stay open to 5-6am. Seaside was going to try and become a smaller version of Miami beach, etc, etc, blah blah blah.

WELL DUUUHHH!

If you don't book the kind of people that get booked in Miami, how can you expect the Jersey shore to be any different?

If the room isn't big enough to support booking a PVD, there are plenty of other AMERICAN jocks you could book.

George Acosta

Chris Lawrence

Kimball Collins

Johnny Viscious

Taylor

Luis Diaz ( He's the jock that opens for PVD all across the US, and he is often better than PVD)

Sandra Collins

XDream

Micro

DJ Dan

John Debo

Jimmy Van M

or how about booking some live performance acts

Rabbit In The Moon

Bassbin Twins

Give the NJ shore something they have never seen before and then you will shake things up. Why are people going to come to your place if you give them some version of the same music/entertainment format they can get by walking right down the street?

You need to provide something new, unique, different and unavailable if you want people to come and keep coming to your venue.

Somebody in NJ is buying a lot of Ministry of Sound's and Ultra's CD compilations. Those CD's do well in the NY/NJ market. If your going to book based on perceived name recognition, you would do well to book the guys whose names are on those CD's.

Anyway I don't expect them to do anything different this year coming up, so I know that my words are probably wasted here but I thought I would give it a try.

Originally posted by laraver

Somebody in NJ is buying a lot of Ministry of Sound's and Ultra's CD compilations. Those CD's do well in the NY/NJ market. If your going to book based on perceived name recognition, you would do well to book the guys whose names are on those CD's.

Anyway I don't expect them to do anything different this year coming up, so I know that my words are probably wasted here but I thought I would give it a try.

Now if you take who is buying these CD's and look at their ages, 60% of these people are in a younger age bracket (under 21) it doesnt make sense,to spend the money on these talents because you cant make money doing it every week. Everyone these clubs are marketing to are in the age bracket of 21-27 (give or take) thus making them market Staten Island House (lol). Now dont get me wrong bringing these talents in is a good idea, I would love to see it, just as much as you but it will never happen,because Temps will always be busy, XS will always be good and Merge will always be dead.

Now if you take who is buying these CD's and look at their ages, 60% of these people are in a younger age bracket (under 21) it doesnt make sense,to spend the money on these talents because you cant make money doing it every week. Everyone these clubs are marketing to are in the age bracket of 21-27 (give or take) thus making them market Staten Island House (lol). Now dont get me wrong bringing these talents in is a good idea, I would love to see it, just as much as you but it will never happen,because Temps will always be busy, XS will always be good and Merge will always be dead.

I don't think that it is necessarily true that MERGE will always be dead. Some of the DJ's on that list are very accessible and affordable. It will just take some balls!, cajones! to stick your neck out and do it!

Look AXIS in Boston. They are stuck with an early closing time (1:30-2:00am) and they have built a crowd and reputation on booking quality American and International DJ's Now when they book some up and coming DJ the crowd comes out regardless of who it is because they know the AXIS booking policy: QUALITY ALWAYS, CHEESE NEVER.

THEY HAVE THE CROWD'S TRUST!

John Debo is in large part responsible for that. It took some initial investment, but it has paid off in spades.

There are plenty of 21 and over people buying the dance compilations I mentioned in my previous post. It will just take the right combination of promotion to make this work.

Anybody got the guts?