Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A Christmas party, Bedrock style

digital7

Now this is a Christmas party! ... No need for the egg nog!

Bedrock, London - Thursday 6th December 2001

Main Room:

John Digweed (4 Hour Set)

Phil Thompson

Star Bar:

PuSH Recordings present...

Night Nurse (PuSH)

Terminalhead

Hyper (Kilowatt Recordings / Bedrock Breaks)

Special Guest:

Lee Coombs (Finger Lickin')

Soundshaft:

Fluke

Three (Hallucination Recordings, Tampa, FL)

Dakota:

Muzik present...

Best Bedroom Bedlam

James Zabiela

Steve Gerrard

Paulo Mojo

Jay Cunning

Address:

Heaven,

Villers Street,

London WC2.

Tube: Charing Cross. Bus Trafalgar Square.bedrock

one way or another i'd probably piss off some of my friends by missing a set or 2 in a couple of those rooms.

i'd stick it out in dakota bar, then catch three inbetween steve and paolo's set. by the way, speaking of the dakota bar residents, both paolo and steve should be done w/ their new mixes soon. and zabiela has finished his newest double for commercial release early next year.

Originally posted by james954

both paolo and steve should be done w/ their new mixes soon. and zabiela has finished his newest double for commercial release early next year.

what are the names of the mixes and under what label ?

btw, any info on Fortier Bedrock 3?

Originally posted by Nolimit

zabiela's cd is called excessive boundaries

double cd

That shit is going to RAWK!!!

Sasha was raving about this kid in the new issue of Muzik magazine......apparently the kids career has already skyrocketed in the UK?

Is there a date set for the CD release? What label is putting out the compilation? Kinetic?

Originally posted by aeroplano

hello everyone... it's pretty mean for me to say that in less than an hour i'll be on my way to heaven to catch this month's bedrock... but oh well, i promise to party in all of your names.

ciao,

marcos

VOGLIO ANDARE!

I'm so jealous, I could scream..........the line-up tonight is stupid-sick! I can't believe you get to party at Heaven, why I ever left London is beyond me.

Have a great time, hope you get in! :tongue:

hello everyone... it's pretty mean for me to say that in less than an hour i'll be on my way to heaven to catch this month's bedrock... but oh well, i promise to party in all of your names.

ciao,

marcos

You don't have a mean bone in your body, baby! That's my job!!!! :laugh:;) (inside joke)

ok... so i can finally say i've been to bedrock...

phil thompson opened the main room. what can i say, the guy was out of hand. i had been a long time fan of his productions but had never heard him live and had been wondering what he'd be like... amazing opening set although he did have a major fuck up in the mixing of two of the songs...

at about 10:30 the star bar opened and i decided it would be my last time there... break after break after break after...

at 11:00 both the dakota bar and the soundshaft opened... i believe dj three opened the sondshaft. not to impressed with the little bit i heard. i came later when fluke was playing and oh my fucking god they had an incredible funky meets hallucinogenic set going on... i was pretty sure they would do a good job (i am a big fan of their productions)

the dakota bar... that was without a doubt the place to be. james zabiela, steve gerrard, paulo mojo and jay cunnings rotating on and on and on all night giving us an out of hand old school set...

then digweed... digweed was good, but not in top shape.

then about bedrock and heaven... the venue leaves much to be desired once you've visited fabric. but what can i say, the crowd at bedrock was amazing... much better that what i had experienced at tyrant about a year and a half ago.

ok that's it... i'll have one more review on my way for next saturday (still debating whether going to fabric or elements)

ciao,

marcos

then about bedrock and heaven... the venue leaves much to be desired once you've visited fabric. but what can i say, the crowd at bedrock was amazing... much better that what i had experienced at tyrant about a year and a half ago.

ok that's it... i'll have one more review on my way for next saturday (still debating whether going to fabric or elements)

Have you been to the Gallery @The Turnmills yet? It's a smaller venue, but every bit as nice as Fabric. My favorite club in London! Tall Paul is the resident over there, and the club consistently draws in one of the best crowds in the city.