Clubplanet Nightlife Community

LIfe without ELECTRONICA

Originally posted by dialectics

when i was 12 i used to imagine this crazy electronic sounding music - mostly speedy beats and melody lines. little did i know that the acid house movement had alraedy been going on for years...

actually my first taste of it was the sound tests in streets of rage 2 and 3

especially 3 because most of the backgournd music was hardcore

about that time i started listening to faithless (around 1995 or so) and about that time i went to my first club

after that i kinda stopped listening to it (except for faithless) until i stumbled upon the run lola run soundtrack 2 1/2 years ago...havent looked back since

i still listen to non-electronic stuff like garbage, beck, NIN and dido (however dido does have extensive links to electronica)

funny you should mention faithless - the summer that insomnia hit big i managed to score myself comps to tunnel every weekend. it was pretty sweet :P i remember hearing that track and just having it blow my mind - i would go up to djs and ask them the name of the track - and 10 seconds later i would always forget. finally someone at some frat party at rutgers clued me in. and thus the birth of a trainspotta....

that was also the summer i got into tribal....

hey does anyobody remember the track DT mixed in honor of Peter Gatien's acquittal? "The jury didn't buy it" hahahahaha

run lola run was responsible for saturday 2 - my second house party... that movie was AWESOME!

man i miss the days where all you needed to create an anthem was a distorted stylophone and a one-liner like "who killed jfk". no wait - no i don't.

wow- i love techno.

In all seriousness, electronica has literally changed my whole life - what I want to be, where I want to live, what I do for fun...everything. I don't even know who I'd BE without it.

And it all started with one little pill, and In Search of Sunrise. God bless DJ Tiesto.

in search of sunrise (the 2nd one) is THE GREATEST ALBUM EVER. with the exception of bt's dreaming which got soooo played out (sorry lindsay i know its your fave) that is perfection personified.

the cass & slide track will bring me to orgasm, send me to heaven GOD DAMMIT I WANT TO HEAR IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

thanks silente - see what you did to me? now i can't work. dammit.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

especially 3 because most of the backgournd music was hardcore. . .

. . That's soo true about Streets of Rage. . that game's music was fucking awesome . . It had that phat and fast acidy feel to it . . Alert! Altert! . . .

. . I started listening back in 92 . . I used to listen to the broadcasts on the radio from all the clubs in O-town when it was actually jumpin' . . I look back on so much of it now and have to smile at how cheezy some of it was :laugh: . . . but I loved it all the same . .

. . Funny thing is, when I told my friends about it, they all laughed at me, especially my best friend . . Fastforward about 4 years and he became the DJ that got me into spinning . .

i can't live without the music....I think i would be a totally different person and not in a positive way...electronica stimulates the senses...the music is sweet..it takes you to a better place...a place where anything is possible..a club where people are united as lovers of the sound..

The music is about feeling...oh yeah...it does not dictate a feeling as does some other genre's of music..electonica lets you dictate your own feeling..pure stimulation.

First came, club which lead house into my life then techno then back to house, acid house, acid jazz, back to house and now progressive trance...12 years of music...

Even my favorite movies are about electronica or have them playing..

Honest t god, I'm hooked on the sound of the production. When I hear anything with guitars, I just want to hear the same ideas translated into electronics, I can't stand traditional 'rock' production anymore. I still love the music, but it's missing something. My ears have been readjusted.

I couldn't imagine an electronic-less music world.

I'd prob. walk around with my casio keyboard while beatmaster mike be pumpin his shit outta his tonsols and random people would just walk up to us and join in, feel our vibe and contribute whatever they can :)

Electronic influence is everywhere...it's just growing, and growing, AND GROWING...

:eek:

especially 3 because most of the backgournd music was hardcore

about that time i started listening to faithless (around 1995 or so) and about that time i went to my first club

after that i kinda stopped listening to it (except for faithless) until i stumbled upon the run lola run soundtrack 2 1/2 years ago...havent looked back since

i still listen to non-electronic stuff like garbage, beck, NIN and dido (however dido does have extensive links to electronica)

MEGA MAN 3

nuff said...

and um...Dido's probably extensively linked to electornica cuz she's Rollo's sister......:D

Originally posted by goldenman

dido's is Rollo"s sister? where did u find this out from:confused:

xpander....thats what i was hinting at

dido is also a member of faithless...she usually does one or two songs per album

a good example is salva mea-she does the vocals in the beginning and the end

for her album rollo wrote most of the songs with her, sister bliss did keyboards, same percussion, etc

xpander....thats what i was hinting at

dido is also a member of faithless...she usually does one or two songs per album

a good example is salva mea-she does the vocals in the beginning and the end

for her album rollo wrote most of the songs with her, sister bliss did keyboards, same percussion, etc

yup...all that and a bag of beans :D

but Dusted's a bit diferent, they are just Rollo and the Faithless keyboardist...

relations, relations... :mad::rolleyes::D

The one thing that blows my mind is the fact that I had no idea that this scene or this music existed until about a year and a half ago. But from the moment I stepped into Twilo for the first time, I was addicted and enthralled.

Today I can't imaging not having electronica in my life. It is something that has become a significant part of who I am and what I do with my time.

I don't know how I missed it before, but I'm so glad I found it.

SK13