Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Digweed To Play Lola????

beyondo

If Sr. Ophir is smart, he will not announce this date via flyers and such. It will be too much of a hassle to get in, and cause major problems. Lola can only hold about 150 or so people comfortably. If this goes down, expect it to be last minute, and word of mouth.

I'm a big fan of advance notice, but in this case, no. I'd much rather hear about it say, the morning of, or something. It'll screen out a lot of the dregs, for one, and make the crowd managable.

Originally posted by pod

If Sr. Ophir is smart, he will not announce this date via flyers and such. It will be too much of a hassle to get in, and cause major problems. Lola can only hold about 150 or so people comfortably. If this goes down, expect it to be last minute, and word of mouth.

I'm a big fan of advance notice, but in this case, no. I'd much rather hear about it say, the morning of, or something. It'll screen out a lot of the dregs, for one, and make the crowd managable.

Totally agree w u on that one...

But if it does happen... I'd love to get the word that morning, or afternoon, not the morning after! lol...

I'm comin down from NY this friday, and will be in SoFL for almost the entire holiday season, so I'll keep my eyes and ears wide open just in case this happens... After his cipriani appearance on thanxgivin, I was left w bigger cravings for his live sets.. and i can only imagine a 'lounge vibe' courtesy of Digweed at such an intimate venue...

peace,

-mp3some. :smoke:

So Lola is still going on? I thought for sure that place would be outta biz by the end of the year. I was there on a Sat. night around midnight, not a soul in the whole place! It was surreal....

So what else has been going down in MIA since Sept., my last time to my second home?

Silly Rabbit, Lola's not a club!

Lola is intended to be a place that you go to before a club night, or just to hang out. Lola's not a big weekend place, it's a big weeknight place, where you go to actually talk to people..

i talked to carmel this past weekend while at lola and was told from the horse's mouth that digweed will be doing "an intiment night" at lola sometime in jan.2002! he said he wasn't sure if he was going to charge a cover for the night or not. it's going to be exactly what the night says it's going to be "an INTIMENT night with digweed". apparently diggers asked carmel if it would be ok if he played depech mode! carmel basicly told him he could play whatever the fuck he wanted and diggers just smiled!! so now you can get a feel for what the night will be like. keep your ears to the walls cause i don't think this will be a flyered event. it's going to be a treat for the regulars and the "true heads" who know whats up. lola has put in a new sound system and have put in 2 new tables and 2 new cd mixers as wellas a new mixer. so the sound is pretty good now.

on another note, little louie is going to be playing there on sat. dec.22! the same night that dj three & boomerang will be playing down the street at rain!! looks like that weekend is going to be a good one!! i'll be back and forth between the two all night!

i love lola! it's a nice, intiment, laided back place where people can go to hang out, talk and listen to good music! no dress code, no cover no attitude!! i love those kinda places!!

Originally posted by marick

on another note, little louie is going to be playing there on sat. dec.22! the same night that dj three & boomerang will be playing down the street at rain!! looks like that weekend is going to be a good one!! i'll be back and forth between the two all night!

:eek: :eek:

Originally posted by marick

i love lola! it's a nice, intiment, laided back place where people can go to hang out, talk and listen to good music! no dress code, no cover no attitude!! i love those kinda places!!

Amen marick and thanks for the confirmation, and even thanks retardo! (cough.. gag..)

Finaly someone else likes lola for the same reasons I do. Plus you can go sit in a corner for hours and they wont send wait staff around to bug you for drinks every 10 seconds. They don't care if you just come in to chill and not drink.

Now if they would only get their nice (free) brunswick royal crown pool table back!