Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can I get a Platinum review?

haahahahaha......the best part of the night was when tuccio dropped some random kid's beat..dj pip or somebody. fight club vs. no escape.

the place overall is nice. the bartenders are really stupid, the bathrooms are cool as hell (a little too bright), but the crowd had sooo much energy....dancefloor kicked some serious ass......i had a helluva time

i was there from one to two...i thought it was pretty good...lighting was sick, sound system was good, crowd was kind of weird (lots of older people in suits)

didnt like the dance floor...it was cement and it got VERY slippery...i felt like i couldnt really dance the way i like because i was afraid i was going to fall

I have a feeling the club will get old pretty quick though

Vicious did rock pretty fucking hard though!!!

BG

Overall, I have to say I ended up having a good time. The music was great and the set up is pretty nice. This place DESPERATELY needs to hire more bartenders though. You had to murder someone to get a drink. Each time I went up, I had to wait at least 20 minutes to get served because they had 2 bartenders per bar. I wonder how the music would be if JV wasnt spinning. I say it was a pretty good night....that is until the ride home. (I MEAN.....any comments Les?!)

either guy know what the name of the song he played either one or two after renegage master....REAL hard..no words..i dont remember what else to say about it

and by the way, my mistake..my rooomate didnt talk to the owner, he talked to the girl who was collecting at the door

BG

i think the old people walking around were either involved somehow in the opening and related to the owners, or they just thought they'd make it a night out in NB and check out the NEW place, only to find out that JV would BANGBANG them all into submission

The people at the front door need a clue! I tried to pay four times to this girl and she had no clue what she was doing 12 + 12=24 HONEY!

Anyway, then they made some of my friends wait on line for over an hour! Which if the place was mobbed would be no biggie, but the place was empty when they got in.

Each to there own but you will not see me there again!

I figured that if the begining of the night was going to be any kind of indication of the rest of the night, then it was going to suck. I actually ended up having a good time though...that is after finding out that the coat check was full by 11:30, and the having to wait forever to get a single drink. We got in around 11:30 and I dont think I had a drink in my hand til around 12:30-what a pain in the ass!!! I cant believe that there were only 8 bartenders on the grand opening...poor planning, in my opinion. I think they need at least double the amount they had last night. However, the msuic was really good, and after all these issues, I had a good time. I would probably go back again, assuming they straighten a few things out.

CGM- I mean, how is it that an hour ride turned into 2.5 hours???

And why the hell were we in Staten Island??????????????:confused: :confused:

i didnt get to go in... i lost my id and i doubt they would have let me in with an expired one...

i just window watched the traffic clogging up george and paterson, all the cop cars passin through, and the line of black coats and half nekkid girls waiting in the cold and rain...

i recognized some of the clientele from bunka, abyss, and bunch of nb locals...

as for the bartender thing... i know a shitload of people (including me) who didnt get hired... *sHrUg*

as far as i heard they already had a full staff... i think they should have at least anticipated that opening night would require more staffing...

i heard alot of good things bout the interior of the club tho... from a downtown new brunswick point of view... i see platinums success going either way... depending on how everything is managed... because at least for last nite, it was a mess...

does neone know when it will be open again??

OK.....first of all, everyone in this place needs to get a CLUE...starting off with the little rat redheaded girl at the front door...with her $25 Joyce Leslie outfit on trying to be a NYC doorperson in a Rutgers, New Brunswick club. These people are coming off with an attitude like its Studio 54 in there, when all it is is a bunch of inexperienced college kids running around pretending to be platform dancers at Factory. THE CROWD SUCKED...but not nearly as bad as the bartenders. We waited by the bar watching the bartenders stare at their speed racks, trying to figure out where their liquor was...too busy talking to each other behind the bar while people were waiting 3 deep to get a drink. The only thing good in there was the music...but it was like wasted talent since most of the people in there are only used to hearing Big Orange Cone, and are too clueless to appreciate the music that was being played. I'll give major props to Vicious...he tore it up for the 15 minutes that we were in there, but even he couldn't keep us to stay. The place has potential, but it needs a real bartending staff, and promoters who venture outside of the of the college realm. I give this place two thumbs waaaaay down.

I'm probably going to piss off everyone who liked Platinum last night, but here's my opinion. The club itself looked pretty nice for a NJ club, particulary one that's in NB. I could see hey put a lot of money in the place, but overall, I was very disappointed with the night. I wasn't feeling the music at all, and it's probably because I'm not into JV's style of music. To me, that hard commercial vocal trance that he was playing was really cheesey. I wasn't feeing it one bit, but that's his style, and that's the kind of music that that particular crowd likes. The sound system could've been much better. Too much mid frequencies, and not enough lows. It made your ears ring more than it should have. This club was certainly not about the music. It was more about trying to be an Exit or a SF in NJ. Too many juiceheads, but many hot women! The entrances to the main room were too small and there was too much traffic going in and out of the room. The DJ booth was placed very poorly, although the booth itself looked pretty cool. I think they should've put the booth much closer to the dance floor, and not in the corner where the DJ is somewhat hidden, and his interaction with the crowd is very limited. My biggest disappointment was the music. Personally, I am more into sounds from Twilo, Vinyl, and Centro-Fly. A lot of the songs that JV played sounded really KTUish to me. The vibe wasn't there for me either...probably because of the crowd. Sorry, if I offended anyone, but that's just my opinon. I understand it's all a business and that they are catering to a certain crowd, and trying to uphold a certain image. I have more fun at Harvest Moon on Tuesdays, and Gaebels on Mondays. Much better music, and better crowd.

mike

everyone i talk to has a mixed opinion...even i do too, but im kind of tired of talking about the club, since ive been doing it all day...

a piece of information, the cashier told me the first staff meeting was on wednesday..thats why bartenders had no idea what was going on, etc.....

the place will run smoothly in a week or two, but i have a feeling its not ever going to be anything amazing.....but then again, what clubs nowadays are? everywhere has its flaws

BG

Platinum has potential to be the best club around if it plays a more diverse t of music. If your going to try to suck in the trendy rich upper percentile you need to stray away from the KTu music. Your giving TRAnce the worst name ever. I know that on other nights the club is going to be different. And that's great. I was wondering if there is going to be a cover on those nights. And i was wondering how much it would be to rent out the club for a couple hours to throw a party? With my own DJ? (ADam, peter? Who should i talk to?) All in all, im sure Platinum made a good deal of money that opening night. But remember there are places that are cheaper and have better music than Platinum (in my opinion). The sound system actually wasn't that great. The lower frequencies weren't coming out that well. (more BASS please). I felt like i was at Cento Fly with its weak speakers. Vinyl has a tremendous sound system. I rambling...Anywayz. EVeryone check out HArvest MOon this Tuesday. OH and GAebals on MONDAY. so that is that.

remember:

keep it progressive, dark and tribal

p.s. it sux that u lost your ID *g--le*

c u later ;):D

Let's see.....The girl at the door was not a brain surgeon, nor was the girl takin the money......The inside is very pretty...brighter than most clubs.....I do like the way that the couchs and railings are set up. The girl in the front bar needs to buy a vowel. Yes, I know it was busy, but if you are gonna bartend, at least know how to make the drinks:rolleyes: THe back bar by the DJ boothhad the best bartenders. They were quick and could take more than one order at a time. The crowd was interesting. Good for the most part. Not as many little Rutgers heads as I would have thought..... I winder how the dynamics are gonna change when it's 23 for guys and 21 for girls.

JV was great the whole night.......Both DJ's were doing their thing. The lights are sweet. That spot was a killer sometimes though.... If they work out the kinks, I think they might be able to pull a good thing......

To my girls, it was a fun night as always!!!!!!:D To my little spys...I won't tell if you won't!!!!!!:tongue:

I DID NOT LIKE IT AT ALL.... THE GIRL AT THE FRONT HAD NO CLUE... LET ALONE SHE WAS A BITCH FOR NO REASON... OH MAYBE BECAUSE WE GOT IN ANY WAY IN OUR JEANS... POOR THING....WANT TO BE TRENDY GIRLFIEND... THEN YOU SHOULD KNOW THE JEANS THING IS IN...... HEY WHY WAS THE GUY TAKING THE MONEY OUTSIDE THE BOOTH?.... TOO EXCITED... POCKET FULL OF CASH? SHOULD BE WORRING ABOUT THE BARTENDERS .... NOT KNOWING WHAT THE HELL THEY WERE DOING?WE WAITED AT 2 DIFFERENT BARS FOR OVER 20 MIN.... NO DRINKS.....RIDICULOUS... THE BARTENDER DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO FIND CAPTAIN MORGAN... HE TOLD THE GUY NEXT TO ME THEY DIDNT HAVE IT.... FYI... IT WAS RIGHT BEHIND HIM ON THE SHELF...... THEY SHOULD HAVE HIRED PEOPLE THAT WERENT RIGHT OUT OF SCHOOL....LOL.....MUSIC WAS GREAT .... GOOD JOB JV....SOUND... OK... UGLY AMATUER CROWD..... PULLING EACH OTHER THRU THE SMALL DOORWAYS....... I'D SAY UNLESS THEY PUT SOME COMPETENT BARTENDERS BEHIND THE BAR...... THERE IS GOING TO BE ALOT OF CRACK HEADS TAKING OVER... THEY DONT DRINK ANYWAY......I SAY 2 WEEKS.....CRICKETS.... OR CLOSED.

Nice to finally meet some of you. What a hectic night...wish I coulda hung out more. I was very happy with the turnout, the music was off the hinges...Amatucci ripped it up as well as Vicious...

Pipdaddy, I didnt realize that Fightclub song was your track...that song is sick. Love how you just threw the word "Exctasy" in the middle of the song...LMFAO

....Coatcheck was definitely an issue...no denying that...It's getting redesigned this week. Bartenders will be added as well. Little things here and there need to be worked on...nothing I'm overly concerned about. Hot girls all over the place...that's always a plus...lol... The funniest comment on this post was that the music was KTU-ish..LMAO....if you hear any of those tracks that Amatucci or Vicious played (aside from the Hide-U Remix) on prime time KTU, I will pay you 100 bucks.

As far as an opening night, it was exactly what I had hoped for and expected.

Thanks for the feedback about everything, and thanks for coming out...

This week:

Tuesday-ladies night

Wednesday-Wave Lounge is open(Not the back room). Opens at 5 on this night only.

Thursday-College Night

Two other things we just finalized:

DJ Boris is spinning on the 22nd

Draper is spinning til 5am on New Years Eve

Late-

Adam

www.clubplatinumonline.com

Originally posted by slate183

Nice to finally meet some of you. What a hectic night...wish I coulda hung out more. I was very happy with the turnout, the music was off the hinges...Amatucci ripped it up as well as Vicious....

As far as an opening night, it was exactly what I had hoped for and expected.

Thanks for the feedback about everything, and thanks for coming out...

Nice meeting you too Adam..... Overal I had fun, put someone where there is good music and with their friends, it gonna be a good night:D

Originally posted by slate183

Nice to finally meet some of you. What a hectic night...wish I coulda hung out more. I was very happy with the turnout, the music was off the hinges...Amatucci ripped it up as well as Vicious...

Pipdaddy, I didnt realize that Fightclub song was your track...that song is sick. Love how you just threw the word "Exctasy" in the middle of the song...LMFAO

Late-

Adam

www.clubplatinumonline.com

sorry bro, did i meet you? i was drunk early and often. thank god i didnt have to suffer through the bar fiasco everyone is bitching about. i guess you were somewhere up in the booth...that was aboslutely bizzarro when the track came on.

i was chilling by the lounge part with my peeps, and the beat came on (i didn't actually MAKE the song, just messed around with the beat and added the fight club stuff)

someone said something to me like...is this on that cd you gave me? and i dismissed it, then i heard the vocal kick in...i was like WTF? i gave this song to like 4 people...now its all over audiogalaxy. and its banging in the club i just went to. so of course i ran over to the booth to collect my royalties....(shoulda copyrighted it or sometin) and said HEY! mofo, this is my song! where did you get it? whatever. it got me off my ass and onto the dancefloor for the rest of the night. too bad the rest of the crowd moped around for the next 2 hours.... gonna get to work on some new beats.

"hi johnny, im dj pip" haha..he was like huh? who? get outta my face.

I just wanted to say that i agree with most of your comments about this club to a certain degree. First and foremost, we were lucky to even have that place open this saturday...if any of you know about buying a house, there are many kinks before you finalize the deal--this club was the same way--but we forged through the minor setbacks to get this place open (we were supposed to open in Sept!)...yes, they were understaffed for the night and that problem will be resolved...yes, the bass was def. not hitting the way it should be and i will take care of that with the sound guy...yes, the floor was slippery--it just got coated with a poxy the night before so it was brand new....no, i am not a perfect dj, but i did my best--to say that i play songs that you hear on KTU is very amusing and Johnny tore the place apart--pip--your song is absurd and i have had it for a bit (i am fortunate enough to have some good connections)....hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but hopefully some of the minor worries that many of you have will be resolved and you will come back to the club again...it was nice seeing Richie Santana, Aaron Swank and Mad Myles too!

Heard platnum was ok form people that left there to come see us at Hunka Bunka but they were not all together impressed, I just want to know how ou are going to be open 5 nights a week and expect to have adecent crowd without any promoters -- we bring people and if you want a thursday crowd -- which in my opinion if it is done right could be your best night- but you need people to get the word out that the place is the place to be --- gonna need guest djs who is goingot come see the same dj thur fri and sat--- and as far as the ktu ish music --- girls love that and if you can bring the mix in the right way and play the right vocals te energy will be great just like a saturday night at Hunka Bunka

as far as the promoter thing adam get in touch with me i would love to blow up some thursday nights there --- New brunswick easton ave bars have no clubby feel except for the scarlet pub where jay demarco and esco have the best energy around on a thursday ---- it might not be a big place but beleive it or not they are going to be competition people love them and they get the crowd going

there is no club around doing a thursday night except for some of our special events like ----

dont miss thursday december 27 at brings DJ Max Graham

Ok ok...I guess that "KTUish" comment was a bit exaggerated. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I was just basically trying to say that, to me, the music JV played was more commercial sounding than what I normally prefer in a club. For what it's worth, I enjoyed Mark Amatucci's set better, even though I only caught the last 45 minutes of it.

mike

someone owes me a 100 bucks...cause if you listen to JV on a Sunday morning at around 4am on level5.....you hear some of those beats:D ..hahahaha

well, i guess that doesn't really count as far as the term ktu-ish goes. i'll take $50...or a drink next time;)

thanks for the compliment...i am Mark Amatucci...anyway, we do not have the same DJ on thurs, fri, and sat...we are bringing in 2 big name guests each month and hopefully 2 local guys...the dj's at scarlet are very chill and yes they do have a good following and i talked to them both last night...i would love to get them in and we eventually will...we have also been in contact with a number of other DJ's as well...as far as commercial music--i will def be playing more vocal and KTUish music on Thurs night--but during the weekend we are going to keep it a little harder