Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Local-oriented" New Years?

pod

crobar , Level, and Liquid have all recently announced lineups for their respective NYE parties. With the exception of Liquid bringing in David Waxman, crobar and Level seem to be keeping it very local. crobar with Ivano, Cedric, and Juan, Level with Ariel and George.

I'm always the first to defend our local talent, in my opinion, they can lay waste to a lot of so-called superstars...but I was kinda expecting some big names for the New Years, alongside our local boys and girls. (hehe I've recently grown fond of hearing newcomers DJ Shane and Annmiek, so I hafta say girls now) Or not necessarily big names, but some good talent brought in especially for the holiday.

Of course, Space, Exile, Living Room Downtown, Steam (if it opens by month's end), and Rain have yet to announce plans, so their may be some big talent in town. My plan was to do a little hopping, so I could get my dose of local action, as well as see some good out-of-towners, but so far, it looks like Miami is keeping it down-home.

Either way, I plan on having a blast this New Years. Note, I'm merely factoring in 12-31, not the days before :).

What's your guys' take on this?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey pod im really surprised why you havent figured out why clubs are going local on New years eve??

despite your sometimes extreme bitchin you ARE pretty club savy .

what happens is clubs figured out that on new years eve your NOT going to stay home and you WILL go out no matter what.

thats a given.

so what they do is hike up the price and keep thier regular djs to save some expenses like 15 grand for a DJ. and then that night is one big money making night for them.

"the new years eve excuse" .......thier cover is more

they also know that before and after new years there really isnt an "excuse" for going out ......UNLESS they bring top notch talent on THAT night....soooooooooo they stiff u on 2 nights and make a killing in 2 nights instead of one.

remember last year Space figured thaT the week after new years nobody would really go out due to them spending a lot of money on Dec 31st and would then probably hang low for a couple of weeks.

so they Brought Tenaglia the following week so you have to say ......."damn its DT i gotta go again this week !!"

this year they Bring PVD right before Dec 31st so chances are many people will be spending $$ on TWO nights !!!

"and thats club marketing 101 by beyondo"

more lessons coming soon keep pens and pad handy:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Well, it did occur to me this morning :).

Beyondo beat me to the punch on this one...

I'm all for a 'local' New Years though...

It's about time for a Deep Dish visit, so I expect the first or second week in January will bring Deep Dish to Space.

Last year, like you said, DT and Christopher Lawrence stopped in.

So, with this thread in mind, what is everyone doing for new years? Just curious :cool:

Originally posted by Nolimit

that's the miami way. any other big city promoter or club owner would have spent the dough on getting a top dj.

u can always come up here and check out danny howells at vinyl for $50 for like 12 hours. now that's what im talking about!

Even that's expensive - I don't buy New Years Eve, period, in both the literal and figurative sense. Dec 31 is *no* better than any other night of the year. I really wish people would just stay home and have parties for themselves.....no paying jacked up prices at the restaurants, and no paying the prices at the clubs......I love giving the finger to greedy price gouging bastards whenever possible, I just wish more people would join me.

Originally posted by patrickl

Even that's expensive - I don't buy New Years Eve, period, in both the literal and figurative sense. Dec 31 is *no* better than any other night of the year. I really wish people would just stay home and have parties for themselves.....

Depends on where you go...plus, I highly doubt we could convince Ivano Bellini to do a house party :).

If tradition holds true, Space may just be very cost-effective that evening. If I recall, last year it was kept to $30 dollars before midnight, and you even got a free drink with which to hoist at 12:00.

I love House parties on New Years !

I don't mind clubbing, but for some reason clubs tend to be very expensive and very uncomfortable on New Years !

I might make my way into a club that night. Which one is still not known, but definitely i will look forward to house parties.

House parties on New Years seem to be a cheaper, safer and more comfortable way to enjoy the holiday!

One thing is for sure it must be a good energy crowd with fabulous dj.

Now if any-1 knows about any house parties by New Years, that info would be greatly taken.

House Parties are the Funk !:rolleyes:

NOLIMIT

As for partying other New Years with amazing DJs.

The music was incredible but the space to enjoy was not.

I want to be able to pay 50.00 when there's an ability to release the energy while dancing not being stuck into every-1's faces.

Now i am very spontaneous and love to spoil myself on having a good time.

It's not the money, but actually how much of a good time i am going to have. I have partied plenty these past 3 years and I am always willing to go and listen to good Djs. It would have to be a good exception on New Years for me to go to a club.

Anyways Miami keeps going all year long with good music and DJs

New Years is definitely a good excuse for the prices at the door to be raised.

There might be a chance of (me) showing up at a club this New Years.

But I am still heading for some good house parties afterwards or during the Eve of New Years !

:tongue:

Originally posted by Nolimit

that's the miami way. any other big city promoter or club owner would have spent the dough on getting a top dj.

u can always come up here and check out danny howells at vinyl for $50 for like 12 hours. now that's what im talking about!

$50 is too expensive? for danny howells on nye for 12 or more hours.. HOW???

Hmmm.....is Danny Howells spinnin' at Vinyl on New Years? :rolleyes:

Listen, if any of us want to know what's going on in NYC, well ask. You really don't have to taken upon yourself to enlighten us on the superior club scene up north.....we already got the memo!

Honestly...here is my take on a local New Years Eve.

Why pay some outrageously overpriced amount for entrance or for a VIP table to hear, not only the same DJ you can go out and hear any regular weekend, but to hear the exact same crappy music that they have been playing for the past year.

crappy???????

our residents around town are pretty darn good. infact i always say some are BETTER than most guest djs.

Now i will grant you the point that you may not wanna pay more and fall for the New years trap. Its not cool when you pay more money for the same thing and that night you will not be able to move around.

but our residents are quite good. heres an example Judge Jules was amazing this saturday ....but wasnt his track selection a bit old at times....and some of the best songs he played ive heard Edgar play.

so

Originally posted by joeygk

Listen, if any of us want to know what's going on in NYC, well ask. You really don't have to taken upon yourself to enlighten us on the superior club scene up north.....we already got the memo!

Hehe...

Sarcasm or not, NYC is not superior. It's just different from our little scene down here.

Beyondo, you're scaring me a lot lately. I've been saying for a long time now that our locals are better than a good percentage of the guests that come through here. Probably why I got to Liquid early to check out Drew before CL, as opposed to hearing JJ.