Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Local-oriented" New Years?

pod

Originally posted by Nolimit

good for u tony. im glad someone appreciates it. i wasn't talking about those locals that u so adore. i was talking about the sci sci resident djs like the ones at nikki's beach, bed, and mint to be exact. go see for yourself. you'll be bored to death, i guarantee it.

as for me spending time here more than the NY forum, you're absolutely right, it is my perogative. thank u for pointing that out. what does THAT have anything to do with?

and i do call a dj a peanut head if they're up there and can't mix 2 records if he/she tried.

I’ve been to nikki beach. the music was just fine. , and the vibe quite good. Chill music in a comfortable environment. not to mention some of, the most beautiful women in south florida. :) bed, I didn’t care for the music, but then again. who really goes to bed for the music ?

"you're absolutely right, it is my perogative. thank u for pointing that out. what does THAT have anything to do with? "

nothing, merely stating a fact. as it is my prerogative to again, bring to your attention. the fact that you seem to enjoy, putting down the Miami scene and its dj’s.. . again that’s your prerogative. however, don't seem surprised. when you get a negative response; from people who respect the scene ,we have here. And who have the fortitude to stand up and make their opinion on our scene quite clear. "and i do call a dj a peanut head if they're up there and can't mix 2 records if he/she tried."

similarly, I call an arse; an arse if they "fit the bill "..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kelebek

before you jump to conclusions, Beyondo...which you do often. I wasn't pointing a finger at anyone club or any one DJ. But now that you have assumed I will explain. I was talking about Crobar. I'm jumping off the Ivano banwagon. I go to the Space patio now and listen to the same music he was playing a year ago. That music made that party great then. Now its OLD. I'm saying I am not going to pay $50-$75 for that. I'm not knocking any local DJs. I've worked at a lot of clubs on the beach. My closest friend are DJs...so I know music. I also know that people are sick of hearing the same shit being played at every club, every weekend. I hear it from customers that are spending big money on VIP tables. Every club is going to be having a New Years Eve party...if you are going to spend the $$$$ why not do it where you can't go hear the same DJ the following weekend for $20 or for free.

what do you know????

Its definately two different types of music. Im just more MIA oriented. And NoLImit start naming some of the big dj's in NY then. Proove me Wrong. I known of MAYBE three Hawkins and Howel and DT. Stop there. Also where do all these so called DJs that they bring in from overseas spin at? If there is so much talent then why aren't there replacing the shit djs at the bigger clubs. I just learned to stop complaining with NYC music and the scene, it did nothing for me and I wasn't gonna get anywhere spinning anytpe of TRANCE in NY thats why I left.

i'll name u a couple of others that have been @ nyc recently:

lee burridge

jimmy van m

mark farina

sasha & diggers

dj krush will be there tomorrow i think (sigh)

plus many more.

could this nyc/miami crap be dropped already?!? just enjoy the f'in music from both cities and stop talkin shit about the other. it's pointless.

I have to agree with sobeton on one thing >>>> Who goes to nikki's, B.e.d. & Mint for the music?? AMBIANCE, AMBIANCE, AMBIANCE!!! it gives the locals a sense of feeling exclusive. Places like that don't cater to the average Joe... If you are looking for music Space is the Place!!! But then again I'm sure you already know that being that you spend alot of time in Mia. No limit. Don't blame the Mia. Dj's for playing Rapture, etc... Some Dj's play by ear & give the crowd what they wanna hear. Noone complains when tiesto or Jules play silence or Kernkraft--old skool tunes we all know passed us years ago & the place still rocks... I wasn't aware that everyone in the audience was a music critic & that their job was to continually focus on what the Dj plays instead of just goin with the flow. If that were the case, clubs would be like chess matches, total silence with minimal movement. lets just stand around and critique the DJ. Get up there and do his job, and then speak, then and and only then will you impress me and many others... No offense kiddo...

P.s. $500 isn't too much to ask for considering many places average over that amount in the number of people that walk thru the door. If you ask me $1 per person isn't to much to ask for considering an average person might spend from 20-50$ a night. Think of their record expenses, equipment, etc. If your party goes off, by all means keep doin' what your doin', you can't please everyone--just let those guys do their job, most of us enjoy them anyway...

Biz (Biznation00@hotmail.com)

Club Space

if u guys think that i went to these so called spots to be blown away by music, you're ALL wrong. trust me, when i step foot off the plane, i know exactly what to expect. i can't even turn of the freakin radio for christ sake, it has to be one of the worst in the country. no surprise there.

The time at BED, i went to have dinner. it was 10:30 pm and the dj was playing 3 am twisted progressive house. hello?????? i don't want to hear drug music while im eating dinner with friends. that's the last time i go there...

"get up there and do a better job, right?"

give me the oppurtunity, and I'll prove otherwise.

Support our local talent!!!

" The time at BED, i went to have dinner. it was 10:30 pm and the dj was playing 3 am twisted progressive house. hello?????? i don't want to hear drug music while im eating dinner with friends. "

I agree there's more than a few that dont belong... Which is why we need to show our support and highlight the ones that do...

wow, my little question turned into a big one :)

i can't even turn of the freakin radio for christ sake, it has to be one of the worst in the country.

Diego, you mean to tell me that you actually turn on the radio for music? Hell, once wireless internet really takes off, I won't need the radio period. Radio is only good for two things: news and Howard. If I'm on the road, and when I hear "leaves the airwaves for techncial adjustments...", click, in goes a CD. Work being an exception, since I'm the only house person there, so the radio stays locked on 106.

I'm gonna say it again, we should not strive to be like NYC. If I want NYC, I'll go visit my parents for a week. I want Miami. People come here for the upscale lifestyle, our clubs cater to that, while still bringing in damn fine talent in either local or national form. I go out to hear this talent, as well as to observe a unique crowd of work-a-day Joes, artists, musicians, models, drug dealers, various other felons, and celebrities. Plus, at least I don't have to spend 5 dollars to stick my ratty old coat somewhere!

Remember, even our international heroes were somebody's local at one point. I'll gladly take talent, however it comes, from around the corner or around the globe.

It seems like I'm the only one who's gonna be out in full force for New Years. I'm not just going out to hear Edgar, Ariel, David W., etc..I'm going out because it's New Years! I know some of yas are going elsewhere, which is cool if you got the bank for it, but I'm on a budget, and I'm staying put and making the best of it. Those of you staying in just because "I'm not paying fifty dollars to see DJ XYZ", go ahead. Your parking spot is mine :).

it's funny u say that dan, the reason why i was sort of forced to listen to the radio was because the car rental (economy size) didn't even come with a cd player. u get what u pay for and boy did i pay for it. a cd book full of dope mixes only to be served useless.

i asked my boy coolassleo to hook it up with some tapes and he hooks me up with an old scott bond essential mix that's got every BIG trance tune of 99-00. that wasn't funny. so it was love 94 and xmas carols. nice one.

back to the point of this thread. where were we?

blah, it doesn't matter anyway. carry on...