Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who here misses GrunGe Music?/?

georgym

i sure do. When back-to-back on the radio you'd hear:

Pearl Jam :evenflow followed by

Alice in Chains :Rooster then

Nirvana, Soundgarden, etc the list goes on.

I don't think any of the hard music today compares nearly to the jammin grunts and attitude of grunge music in the past. THey rocked harder and deeper from the heart than any superficial "limp" bands of today

Any thoughts :confused: I'm one angry Papa Smurf :mad:

::what else should I write

i don't have the right

what else should i be

all apologies::-kurt

i was actually into that shit for a while, still like most of the stuff now that i did then...nirvana was def. the best, was my fav. at least..Alice in Chains prob. came in second.....i liked 311 they were hott, and Rage's newer shit, their 1st album was off the meat rack!!!

Peace,

Dave..

I grew up around that kinda stuff over in the northwest. I remember listening to Mudhoney, Melvins, Coffin Break, and Nirvana (before they got big) while me and my buds were skateboarding. Alice in Chains even played a college party near me before they got signed. I still listen to those tunes every now and then, brings back memories of being a kid.

Originally posted by heretic909

I grew up around that kinda stuff over in the northwest. I remember listening to Mudhoney, Melvins, Coffin Break, and Nirvana (before they got big) while me and my buds were skateboarding. Alice in Chains even played a college party near me before they got signed. I still listen to those tunes every now and then, brings back memories of being a kid.

Lucky, Lucky heretic!

Mudhoney, damn those be originators. THat college party for AIC must have been OFF the HOOK!

::papa's drooling:::eek:

Originally posted by gmccookny

Lucky, Lucky heretic!

Mudhoney, damn those be originators. THat college party for AIC must have been OFF the HOOK!

::papa's drooling:::eek:

Hehe

Mudhoney actually wrote a song named "Ritzville" which is the name of the town I grew up in. They had broken down driving thru town at a time when a lot of the kids in school were committing suicide, so as you can imagine, it was a really uplifting tune. Yet, I think that song is still my town's biggest claim to fame.

Originally posted by heretic909

Hehe

Mudhoney actually wrote a song named "Ritzville" which is the name of the town I grew up in. They had broken down driving thru town at a time when a lot of the kids in school were committing suicide, so as you can imagine, it was a really uplifting tune. Yet, I think that song is still my town's biggest claim to fame.

See, man. That's so kool how you can trace the origin of every song, the origins based on a strip of land not any larger than perhaps Queens.

THat just goes to show that behind every song in this genre, there's a tale , or message, that's relayed in such a non-BS kinda way. It's so ROOTED

WAY KOOL , i miss Grunge. I'm gonna put on a litle Temple of the Dog right now:cool:

I miss grunge with an absolute passion. It was the last genre of music in the past decade that had any passion behind it. I remember seeing Nirvana at the NY Coliseum, going body surfing for the first time, and coming home with bootprints on my back!

I still try to check out some of the bands from that scene when they come into town, that is if their still in existence. I saw Jerry Cantrell from Alice over the summer, and Soul Asylum last month(actually got to have a beer with em!) Both of them were on point.

Who here remembers Webster Hall in its heyday when on the top level they used to play Alice, Rage, RHCP, Nirvana, NIN, etc

Brings a tear to my eye *sniffle* *sniffle*

Next time one of the old grunge bands come around we should have an old-school grunge meetup!