Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Eternal Debate

pod

Liquid would make a decent venue for DnB. It's small enough for the atmosphere, ya know?

My opinion is that Level certainly has the system for it, but it's too big. I just can't associate DnB with "mega-clubs". It lends itself to a loungey place, really.

Rain maybe? Living Room Downtown would be nice for some downtempo style drum n bass, provided they've worked out the kinks in their Turbosound array. (OK Vaughn you are more than welcome to slug me now! :) ) If I'm not mistaken there was some DnB at the old LR.

Unfortunately I'm gonna be in NYC for the 23rd (Family lives there, going to go for the holidays...Festivus!) , Terry, but I'd love to see the new rig, get a preview of what to see for WMC.

Originally posted by festivalcre8or

I think the big reason most DnB kids are like that is because they don't want to see DnB get watered down like House and Trance did. Although there are some really hard DnB tracks, I can understand why the general clubbing public in Miami isn't into some kickin Jump Up.

jump-up is about the only thing on Ishkur's site that I can agree with him on.........this is the one variant of d&b I don't really care for. I do like the loungey stuff much better.........and I do like the highly syncopated fast stuff that's a bit abrasive. can't get into jump up though.

Originally posted by meng

I don't remember when was my last favorite trance release. I think it was Two Full Moons and a Trout 98 remix by Union Jack. Anyways, whatever sounds good is fine.....good trance, good house...whatever.....I'm inclined towards the progressive house vibe these days just because I'm feeling it.....but it's all opinion.....

I have a problem with what is being labeled as "trance" these days.......actually I think trance has been labeled wrongly for several years now. Let's take one of the more mainstream "trance" hits as an example: Ian Van Dahl "Castles In The Sky." Any "trance" track of that style, really. Is that REALLY trance? Or is it just a Euro-NRG handbaggy track with a couple acid trance elements thrown in as a garnish? My vote goes to the latter - not there there is anything wrong with catchy Euro-NRG but I just don't think it really comes close to the true essence of what the trance "genre" is. When I think of TRANCE, I think of what I used to hear on WVUM weekend nights circa 1993-1996. I think of some old Goa compilations I have lying around. Just like Ishkur says on his site, real trance is fluent, hypnotic, trippy. What passes for trance these days is very catchy........and I even like a whole hell of a lot of it! But it's not trance, it's flat-out Euro-dance!