Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who used to be

chynado11

Originally posted by chynado11

A kandee kid...ok come on now fess up??!!....me never...Jimi did u?? Shady?? Vic?? By the way Ruth can dance her ass off..she was shaking it at my party...:)

:bounce:

cd

Girl - I'm WAY too old to have ever been a Kandy Kid! When I was a young'n pacifiers were for babies, glow sticks were for emergencies on the side of the highway, and rolling meant "going somewhere" or "hanging" as in "rolling with the homies" or "I'm going to roll to the Circle K."

:laugh:

Contrary to what my nick might imply, I was not really a "candy-raver". I've been raved out in red cargoes, filled with photon lights, glowsticks, and even vicks inhaler....but not lately. I barely use my photons anymore and haven't touched Vicks in god knows how long.

Originally posted by malanee

Girl - I'm WAY too old to have ever been a Kandy Kid! When I was a young'n pacifiers were for babies, glow sticks were for emergencies on the side of the highway, and rolling meant "going somewhere" or "hanging" as in "rolling with the homies" or "I'm going to roll to the Circle K."

It's good to know that we have some adult supervision on the message board. :)

You mean a kandy raver with all the raver clothes and the plastic jewelry and everything? Like this?

Image284.jpg

My earliest brushes with the rave scene predated the "kandiness" I think, and when I really came into the electronic music scene I was much too old to be putting on all of that shit.

Originally posted by vicman

i think i would have been shot if i had dressed up in kandy raver attire back home in Mexico...yup I wouldve looked out of place with that gear on in the family farm

HAHAHA:laugh: :laugh: You would have made the front page of every newspaper south of the border. Can anyone think of an appropriate headline??? Anyway,Vicman is right. Only recently ravers are beginning to be accepted in Latin American societies. I've been in the underground scene for more than a decade now and I never wore candy raver gear, not because of embarrasement or fear of gettin shot. Simply, I see candy raver gear as drug paraphanilia (did i spell that right?).

Originally posted by malanee

girl i feel you...i just entered this scene a couple of years ago..and was disgusted on how many little kids were running around and carrying pacifiers and elmos and cookie monsters..i was like ummmm am i in a club and not a nursery :D

cd

Originally posted by chynado11

girl i feel you...i just entered this scene a couple of years ago..and was disgusted on how many little kids were running around and carrying pacifiers and elmos and cookie monsters..i was like ummmm am i in a club and not a nursery :D

cd

eventhough i started going out more to clubs 4 or 5 years ago, it wasnt until recently that I started going out, at the tender age of 27, to a bit more raves, since there seems to be more raves around here, or at least events wheere there seems to be more ravers...Radiate, Odessey, & Starscape...I say its all good...what not all good is when you got 30yo's dressing up in the gear and with pacifiers...those peopel are mental I tell you...mental!

Originally posted by Kuro

You mean a kandy raver with all the raver clothes and the plastic jewelry and everything? Like this?

Image284.jpg

My earliest brushes with the rave scene predated the "kandiness" I think, and when I really came into the electronic music scene I was much too old to be putting on all of that shit.

that is a pic of Kuro the little bald japaneese kid...although in this pic he obviously has hair...:D :D

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Word to your moms, I came to drop bombs...

...I got more rhymes than the Bible's got Psalms.

Ok, Vic is right. That is me. Next time there's a meetup look for the kid who looks just like that, but bald.

As much as I'd like to believe that that old guy is some sort of law enforcement agent, they'd never put one in their that stood out that much. I've seen some that stood out, but not like that. And he isn't an undercover, then his being there is just really creepy. All I can think of is some poor little kandy-girl coming out of her k-hole in a very bad situation.

Originally posted by Kuro

All I can think of is some poor little kandy-girl coming out of her k-hole in a very bad situation.

Yeah, opens her eyes to see a bald Japanese dude, a horny Mexican eating a Burrito, and a Fucking Asian Clown Ass Raver Druggy staring at her. Oops, did I just post that out loud? der.gif