Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Am I The Only One Who Prefers Being Single??

bluegirl

Originally posted by deeprock

Ditto. I've been single for 5 years and have no qualms about it whatsoever. I choose it to be that way; it's not cause I can't get women. I have many close female friends that fill any void of loneliness I ever may feel. When you're single, you're almost entirely responsible for your own happiness. When you're in a relationship, you're happiness is often measured by how healthy your relationship is. I just don't like that idea of relying on someone for my happiness. I like the fact that socially independent. And I don't like how relationships are emotional rollercoasters--too much of a headache. Plus I get bored easily--the novelty factor wears off quickly on me most times. But hey, if a relationship comes my way, I'll adapt, but I'm certainly not actively pursuing anything---it's not something i NEED, it's something I expect I'll stumble upon in the future. Back to work.

:book:

Oh my god, that is exactly how I feel. I have been single for almost 2 years and I am so content with my life now, that honestly, I dont even know if I really want a relationship. If someone I liked really came along, then of course I would give it a shot but most of the time, I cant be bothered. I see my friends who are in relationships and honestly, sometimes it seems like more of a hassle then anything. I guess once that special person comes along, I will forget all the things I have just said.

Originally posted by lollib

Oh my god, that is exactly how I feel. I have been single for almost 2 years and I am so content with my life now, that honestly, I dont even know if I really want a relationship. If someone I liked really came along, then of course I would give it a shot but most of the time, I cant be bothered. I see my friends who are in relationships and honestly, sometimes it seems like more of a hassle then anything. I guess once that special person comes along, I will forget all the things I have just said.

u couldnt have said it better

however sometimes my friends say i dont give men a chance

vixen, i have been the same way this whole year

no longer than 3 weeks

up until recently ive been talking to the same person since thanksgiving

i cant believe it, haha

I love the single life because of the freedom. No stings, no worries, no conflicts, no possible heartaches in the future. But I notice myself beginning to miss having someone to hug and kiss and snuggle with. Someone to confide in when I need a listener.

Im a mushy person when I really care but its hard for me to let my walls down to the point that I can get involved. I guess its a no win situation for me. :(