Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Centro Flys Anti-Fur Policy

Originally posted by boreese

WTF is your problem!!!!!

1st of all if the designers made fake fur, then people would wear fake fur. People follow the designers, OK.

2nd Moral Difference my ass. What hypocracy!!! PETA people wear leather shoes yet they appose fur!!! :laugh: :laugh:

What ignorant Americans they are!!!!

3rd are you that retarded poor girl whose mom dresses up in real fur from Salvation Army for compensation?

well said...now it's my turn to reply to that salvation army kiddo:)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by deanna11

i'm in no way an activist, but i just wanted to say your statement epitomizes the Ignorant American

first of all, there is a huge moral difference between leather and fur. leather sources are great and the rest of the animal is used for other products

second, demand dictates supply

are you the retarded rich kid who Mom dresses up in finery for compensation?

hi>>>

just a few words:

1. i am not ignorant - i have an MA degree :laugh: :laugh:

2. i am not american

3. i don't wear real fur myself - i prefer fake

4. i like to dress nicely, but i get to choose my own clothes; your statement that my mom chooses it for me is a mere projection (do you LOve your mom? :laugh: )

5. i don't remember mentioning leather - where did that come from?

6. this is Just a message board - take it easy - there is a word - 'irony' - which, alas, is unknown to many of 'the Ignorant Americans' (as you called them)

ciao and have a great christmas

:tongue:

Originally posted by go411

WELL ANIMALS CAN'T PROTECT THEMSELVES LIKE HUMANS CAN

MEAT IS MURDER .....

how can humans who die in africa out of starvation protect themselves?

how can the underpaid workers in korea who make those *recycled* NB sportshoes protect themselves against exploitation? :laugh: :laugh:

LOL. so we are to care more about animals than about the humans, right? i agree - it's nasty to kill, but there has to be a universal law against endangering humans&animals, and the partial solution you offer doesn't satisfy it!

Originally posted by zlatang

how can humans who die in africa out of starvation protect themselves?

how can the underpaid workers in korea who make those *recycled* NB sportshoes protect themselves against exploitation? :laugh: :laugh:

LOL. so we are to care more about animals than about the humans, right? i agree - it's nasty to kill, but there has to be a universal law against endangering humans&animals, and the partial solution you offer doesn't satisfy it!

WHY DON'T U GO ASK OUR LOVELY IMPERIALIST GOVERNMENT.

TO GIVE SOME MONEY TO THE POOR IN NEED. ALL THOSE SWAP SHOPS WHO THE FUCK U THINK OWN'S THEM? LATIN AMERICAN CO, ASIAN, MIDDLE EASTERN?????

PLEAZE U REALLY LIVE IN A BUBBLE ....

YOU ARE A SORRY ASS KID .... DON'T U KNOW THAT THERE'S A STORE FOR VEGETARIANS AND VEGANS THAT CARRIES NON LEATHER SHOES AND NEW BALANCE SNEAKERS??? IS ALL RECYCLED RUBBER.... LIKE I SAID EDUCATE YOURSELVES AND DON'T GO AROUND TALKING SHIT ABOUT PETA .... BETCHA U DON'T HAVE VEGETARIAN FRIENDS... I CAN TELL U MORON.

Hmm, let me see.

1st of all I am not the one who is the "MORON", as I am not the one who resorts to curse words to get my point across.

2nd, if you had studied human anatomy in school, you would know that humans are meant to eat both meat and plant products.

3rd, I do have vegetarian friends and they are intelligent enough to respect me for who I am and not judge me based on what I eat. They choose to eat beans and I choose to eat veal, and we get along great, for they had made their choice and I had made mine and we mutually respect that.

4th, I am educating myself, and it's funny coming from you who made the "moron" comment anyway. PETA is spraying people with paint and lying to the public about Britney Spears wanting to pose for them nude; and these are all only recent. PETA is a disgrace and it gives a bad reputation to those who truly care about animal rights. How can PETA call on the public to be humane when they treat us all in such an inhumane way? PETA reeks hypocracy.

5th I think I showed who the moron really is, thank you.

[3rd, I do have vegetarian friends and they are intelligent enough to respect me for who I am and not judge me based on what I eat. They choose to eat beans and I choose to eat veal, and we get along great, for they had made their choice and I had made mine and we mutually respect that.

4th, I am educating myself, and it's funny coming from you who made the "moron" comment anyway. PETA is spraying people with paint and lying to the public about Britney Spears wanting to pose for them nude; and these are all only recent. PETA is a disgrace and it gives a bad reputation to those who truly care about animal rights. How can PETA call on the public to be humane when they treat us all in such an inhumane way? PETA reeks hypocracy.

5th I think I showed who the moron really is, thank you.

I you have vegetarian friends u would not have given such opinions and about PETA and any other organized institution that claims to help the needed (ANIMAL OR HUMANS) we all know what the real deal is but, at least PETA has tried to keep animals from harm... of course they are BASH 24-7 from big corporations so people can get side track but, they're trying ... their best ... better than the RED CROSS ... I think. I SURE ASS HELL DON'T TRUST ANY INSTITUTION BUT, I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT PETA HAS TRIED IN THE PAST AND FYI : THEY'RE TWO KINDS OF VEGETARIANS THE ONES THAT DON'T EAT MEAT BUT, WEAR LEATHER AND THE ONES WHO DON'T USE ANIMAL PRODUCTS AT ALL.

If you have vegetarian friends u would not have given such opinions and about PETA and any other organized institution that claims to help the needed (ANIMAL OR HUMANS) we all know what the real deal is but, at least PETA has tried to keep animals from harm... of course they are BASH 24-7 from big corporations so people can get side track but, they're trying ... their best ... better than the RED CROSS ... I think

How you gonna tell me that I don't have vegetarian friends? WTF!!!

They got their own opinions and I have my own, and even though we discuss the topic and do argue about it once in a while we care about each other and no fur or meat is gonna change that, OK.

PETA and Red Cross should not be uttered in one sentence. How could you even try to compare the two? Red Cross a long running, most respected, and very productive organization that truly cares about people; just look at how they handled 9/11.

PETA is a complete failure because, just as communism, their tactics work on paper but fail in real life.

PETA is publicity for the celebrities that they solicit to "represent" it.

Even the supermodels smarted up and disassociated themselves from PETA.

I would never want to be associated with PETA.

PS I regularly donate blood to help other PEOPLE.

PETA and Red Cross should not be uttered in one sentence. How could you even try to compare the two? Red Cross a long running, most respected, and very productive organization that truly cares about people; just look at how they handled 9/11.

YEAH.... THEY POCKETED HOW MUCH MONEY NOW?

PETA is a complete failure because, just as communism, their

tactics work on paper but fail in real life.

I'M NOT DEFENDING PETA LIKE I SAID THEY TRIED.... TO HELP !

KNOW ABOUT FUR THAT SHIT IS PURE EVIL .... AND THAT'S MY POINT OF VIEW.. DON'T ASSOCIATE EVERY VEGETARIAN W/ PETA NOW.

FYI : THEY'RE TWO KINDS OF VEGETARIANS THE ONES THAT DON'T EAT MEAT BUT, WEAR LEATHER AND THE ONES WHO DON'T USE ANIMAL PRODUCTS AT ALL.

I don't need you telling me what kinds of vegetarians there are, thank you. I've know it since I was a kid.

FYI There are two kind of hypocrites: the ones that are dumb and don't see their hypocrisies, and the ones that are dumb because they see their hypocrisies and yet refuse to admit them and reassess them in order to start making some sense.

YEAH.... THEY POCKETED HOW MUCH MONEY NOW?

I'M NOT DEFENDING PETA LIKE I SAID THEY TRIED.... TO HELP !KNOW ABOUT FUR THAT SHIT IS PURE EVIL .... AND THAT'S MY POINT OF VIEW.. DON'T ASSOCIATE EVERY VEGETARIAN W/ PETA NOW.

Hmm, well Red Cross needs funds to survive and continue their good services.

And BTW, you were the one who associated vegetarians with PETA, not me.

And fur is not "PURE EVIL". How did you come up with that? Do you just make it up as you go along?

The way they harvest fur is bad and should be changed, but it is not bad to wear fur. Just because this is your opinion does not mean that it is right. Just remmember that, ok.

PETA is a complete failure because, just as communism, their tactics work on paper but fail in real life.

great analogy. all good ideas that work on paper but cannot work in real life are in fact BAD. those who made them forgot to think about implementing them - hence the slaughter in every revolution that occurred since the american/french one.....(not to forget the decapitated english king)

ciao

z

OK not to get into this huge nasty battle but I'd just like to point out that without animal skin none of us would be here, because the native people who are our extremely distant ancestors all would have died without it. If you're gonna say it's bad for us then you gotta go all around and say it applies to them to (so logically you'd rather be dead?)

But really, abstract arguments aside, who really wants to wear their real fur to a club? It's only going to get nasty and full of club funk and I don't see why it would be worth it.

Everything in the world comes from animals (almost!)

Animals give us much more than milk, steak, ham and leg of lamb. For example, 99 percent of every cow is used, but less than half of that is actually eaten as beef. By-products, or the non-meat products that come from animals, are used to make an amazing variety of medicines, foods, household and industrial products.

After meat, drugs and medicines are the major products that come from beef and pork. Hogs alone provide 40 important drugs.

Look around your house: soap, paint, detergent, cosmetics, wallpaper, glass and plastics -- all are made from animals. We even use animal by-products in our cars: in tires, seat coverings, antifreeze and oil.

Plastic comb: Several fatty acids from animals are key ingredients in plastic. Think of all the things that are made of plastic!

Toothpaste and brushes: Cows provide a substance called glycerine (say GLISS' ER IN) that helps to fight dental plaque. It's used in toothpaste and mouthwash. And that toothbrush is mostly plastic!

Heart valves: Since 1971, tens of thousands of pig heart valves have been used to replace weak or diseased human heart valves.

Buttons: Slices of bones and horns from animals have been used for centuries to make strong, decorative buttons.

Ice cream cone: Gelatin, a protein in animal bones and skin, is used in ice cream to keep its shape and texture. You'll also find it in some yogurt, chewing gum and marshmallows.

Wool sweater:

Wool is the fine, soft, wavy hair of sheep. Sheep are usually shorn once a year and their wool is used for clothing, rugs and upholstery. The sheep's coat grows back!

Leather shoes: Animal hides are used to make shoes, belts, coats, handbags, furniture and sports equipment. What's another name for "football"?

****This is for FYI only, I do support some animal rights acts, but I will never go around preaching or ruining what someone wears!! Yes I wear leather and faux fur (I like to stay trendy) but I don't eat read meat.....but I DEFINIETLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A CLUB TURNINING PEOPLE AWAY FOR WEARING WHAT THEY WANT OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON (DON'T HAVE THE LOOK TOO MANY GUYS--SERIOUSLY WTF WHAT HAPPENED TO GOIN G OUT TO DANCE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.....ESPECIALLY IN THE FASHION CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!! YOU WILL NOT SEE ME IN THOSE PLACES EVER AGAIN!!!!!

but I DEFINIETLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A CLUB TURNINING PEOPLE AWAY FOR WEARING WHAT THEY WANT OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON (DON'T HAVE THE LOOK TOO MANY GUYS--SERIOUSLY WTF WHAT HAPPENED TO GOIN G OUT TO DANCE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.....ESPECIALLY IN THE FASHION CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!! YOU WILL NOT SEE ME IN THOSE PLACES EVER AGAIN!!!!!

i totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

BLA BLA BLA ................IT'S A DEAD END TRYING TO MAKE A POINT TO YOU MEAT EATERS. I GUESS YOU ONLY SEE IT ONE WAY AND I DON'T>>>>>HUNTING FOR ANIMALS TO MAKE FUR IS FUCKED UP PERIOD SPECIALLY BECAUSE WE CAN WEAR FAKE FUR THESE DAYS AND IT'S THE SAME SHIT ..... IT'S JUST A SNOB ISSUE TO ME.

SECONDABLE: YEZ IN THE "PRE" YOU READ RIGHT, PRE-HISTORIC TIMES. NATIVES NEEDED THE FUR TO SURVIVE BUT, THEY HAD NO ALTERNATIVES LIKE WE HAVE NOW..... SO U R GONNA TELL MEE THAT IT'S KUEL TO KILL AN ANIMAL SO YOUR ASS CAN LOOK FIERCE AND FABULOUS WEARING FUR? U GOT SERIOUS ISSUES OF SHALLOWNESS. I'M GLAD THERE'S NOT TOO MANY PEOPLE WHO THINK WEARING FUR IS KUEL ONLY THE TACKIE KIDZ DO. KUS THE KUEL KATZ ARE DOWN W/ THE CRUELTY FREE PRODUCTS.

i used to be a vegi, until I realized a concept known as THE SURVIVAL OF THE FITIST.

If you dont eat meat, or meat products and your body does not get the nutrients it needs, you wont be surviving to well yourself, but those animals whose lives you think you saved will be, right??

we are higher on the food chain, there is a very delicite balence to our eco system.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

OK not to get into this huge nasty battle but I'd just like to point out that without animal skin none of us would be here, because the native people who are our extremely distant ancestors all would have died without it. If you're gonna say it's bad for us then you gotta go all around and say it applies to them to (so logically you'd rather be dead?)

But really, abstract arguments aside, who really wants to wear their real fur to a club? It's only going to get nasty and full of club funk and I don't see why it would be worth it. [/quote

I couldn't agree with you more. And what about plants...are they not alive as well? Or do they not count because they can't talk back when you cut them open?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree with you FAITH ... BUT, I rather eat vegetables than meat. Those slaughter houses are not pretty let me tell ya. Anyway I don't wanna preach about vegetarianism but, wearing FUR is an issue that really effects me and makes meee sad. I couldn't let these kidz post all this shit without showing my anger.

WISHING THAT U UNDERSTAND WHERE I'M COMING FROM!

GO411

HAVE A FIERCE HOLIDAY GURL.

Zlatang : . . Clever as ever . . .:)

MomaDance : . . actually, we don't logically fit anywhere into the food chain .. . You see, in order to fit into the food chain, there needs to be some kind of instinctive drive that makes you, as an organism eat, shit and fuck in such a way that you both perpetuate yourself, while also complementing and fitting perfectly with the other organisms in your environment . . Everything adapts to each other, and all in turn adapt to the whims of the environment . . As humans, or rather, as higher life-forms, we have the ability to alter nature to OUR whims (to an extent) . . we adapt by building in opposition, not with, nature . . therefore precluding us from the food chain . . .

. . also, keep in mind that when we act as carnivore's (read: eat the little creatures in nature) we are actually being inefficient in gathering energy to perpetuate ourselves . .

it goes something like this:

An Impala will eat the various grasses on the plains of the sarengeti and digest 90% of the grass as usable fuel to stay alive. .

A lion will come along and eat the Impala (and spend ALOT of energy catching it), but will only receive, proportionally, about 10% of the energy in usuable form, therefore requiring more trips to the dinner table to stay alive . .

go411: . . . fur trapping has been an institution that has endured since we first started trading with the native americans that preceeded us on this continent . . so there is history . . I may not find the practice particularly appealing, but I will recognize it's institution in our land . . same goes for fishing, which I love . . I do believe you're confusing your distaste for the people who sport it, with the very act of it . . .

. . . I've been guilty of that as well .. just ask zlatang . .. .

. . oh well, just a thought . . .

[

go411: . . . fur trapping has been an institution that has endured since we first started trading with the native americans that preceeded us on this continent . . so there is history . . I may not find the practice particularly appealing, but I will recognize it's institution in our land . . same goes for fishing, which I love . . I do believe you're confusing your distaste for the people who sport it, with the very act of it . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

Zlatang : . . Clever as ever . . .:)

MomaDance : . . actually, we don't logically fit anywhere into the food chain .. . You see, in order to fit into the food chain, there needs to be some kind of instinctive drive that makes you, as an organism eat, shit and fuck in such a way that you both perpetuate yourself, while also complementing and fitting perfectly with the other organisms in your environment . . Everything adapts to each other, and all in turn adapt to the whims of the environment . . As humans, or rather, as higher life-forms, we have the ability to alter nature to OUR whims (to an extent) . . we adapt by building in opposition, not with, nature . . therefore precluding us from the food chain . . .

. . also, keep in mind that when we act as carnivore's (read: eat the little creatures in nature) we are actually being inefficient in gathering energy to perpetuate ourselves . .

it goes something like this:

An Impala will eat the various grasses on the plains of the sarengeti and digest 90% of the grass as usable fuel to stay alive. .

A lion will come along and eat the Impala (and spend ALOT of energy catching it), but will only receive, proportionally, about 10% of the energy in usuable form, therefore requiring more trips to the dinner table to stay alive . .

well i am flattered! it's nice when the others (or should i rather use the singular here?) think you're clever. especially when they come form the 'other' camp. phuturephunk and i had this big argument (couple of webpages ago) about style, clubbing and the velvet ropes, and though we disagreed, we managed to find a way to express our opinions and not offend each other. that's what i think this thread needs as well: a bit of tolerance. If one is to discuss issues like 'wearing fur' and 'killing animals vs killing plants' in a serious way (and i'm still not sure whether this discussion would better fit a thread on donteatmeatbutkillhumans.com) , then one has to stop insulting one another. the *moral* of the story is (though i don't believe in morals, LOL):

go411, if your aim is to persuade us not to wear fur or eat meat, you'd have to change your aggressive approach. and don't tell me you're not interested because then it'd be a statement contradictory to your engagement on this thread. like the animals, we should be kind to one another (though, hmmm, i'm not sure animals are so Nice to each other, which leads me to reconsider the romantic view of 'innocent animals living peacefully in the woods').

ciao

z

:D :D :D