Clubplanet Nightlife Community

page 6 article on exit

PAGE SIX

By RICHARD JOHNSON with PAULA FROELICH and CHRIS WILSON

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 16, 2001 -- Door-dodging at dance club

CELEBRITY DJ Junior Vasquez could be spinning his way into trouble by presiding over a drug-fueled danceathon at Exit II.

Friends of the turntablist famed for remixing Madonna, Cher and Mariah Carey have been sneaking into a back entrance to avoid drug searches, says our source.

Revelers who come to Vasquez's "Earth" party - a dance marathon that begins Saturday night and runs into Sunday afternoon - are subjected to rigorous strip searches at the massive club's West 56th Street entrance.

"The security guards wear rubber gloves and they check under your testicles and your [buttocks]," says one regular. "They ram their fingers right up there. They make you take your shoes off, and they have a female guard who checks between women's breasts. They're very strict."

But for the past two weeks, in-the-know clubgoers have used a secret entrance where they are whisked inside unmolested.

As with all-night parties at Twilo and Tunnel, Vasquez's former perches, many clubgoers are hopped up on "ecstasy" or GHB while writhing on Exit II's dance floor, say sources.

Jessica Geula, director of Exit II, insists: "Exit II has a zero-tolerance drug policy. There is absolutely no separate, private entrance for Junior Vasquez, his friends or any VIP for that matter."

Vasquez - a nightlife legend who can command $90,000 a night for spinning records - was wooed to Exit II after owner David Marvesi promised to build him a $4 million DJ booth that allows Vasquez to survey the crowd on a hydraulic lift.

Twilo was shuttered by the city in May after a rash of drug-related incidents, including the death of a clubgoer who overdosed on ecstasy. Tunnel suffered a similar fate.

First, LaRaver, that was a good one!

What kind of ass munch is this "source" that is trying to get these NYC clubs shut down?

How does that limp dick know these "VIP's" are sneaking in drugs?

Those strip searches do totally suck, but as long as the clubs have to constantly fight the "patrons are hopped up on drugs" stigma, that's what they'll be doing to protect themselves.

What a crock of sheet!!!!

Sorry just venting.......

To end on a positive note, Tiesto was sick on Friday!

Originally posted by billygoat

First, LaRaver, that was a good one!

What kind of ass munch is this "source" that is trying to get these NYC clubs shut down?

How does that limp dick know these "VIP's" are sneaking in drugs?

Those strip searches do totally suck, but as long as the clubs have to constantly fight the "patrons are hopped up on drugs" stigma, that's what they'll be doing to protect themselves.

What a crock of sheet!!!!

Sorry just venting.......

To end on a positive note, Tiesto was sick on Friday!

. . So what you're saying to me is that every time I want to go to Exit I'm gonna have to turn my head and cough!!!?!!! . . . I think not . .