Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A word about Space this Friday

sgtfury

The terms of Edgar V's dismissal from Space have left many with strong critisism for Mr. Puig....say whatever you want about that decision, however, it has been made and the clubbing world will move one....there is a empty slot at Space this friday...who will fill it??...who would be a suitable replacement??....everyone is entitled to thier opinions, however, base your opinion on fact....1)some have come to this board with rather personal references to Mr. Padilla...my question is...what the hell does that have to do with DJing???..2) David Padilla is a House DJ....he was spinning old skool house in NYC before most on this board were born..David was at the forefront of the trance introduction in Miami..and now he's taking his musical style to a higher level....

Congratulations to DP.. Whatever his next level will be; should prove to be interesting. on a personal note, the rather endless personal attacks on dj's, I have seen on this board; is rather annoying.. If you don’t like the dj’s style; then just say so and move on. the personal attacks; really have nothing to do with the music or the scene.

"Let every eye negotiate for itself "

Originally posted by Nolimit

what personal attacks are u talking about?

first rule of thumb should be to not take msg boards serious. don't u agree?

read some of the post over the last few days. I'm not going to single people out; it's not appropriate. second rule of thumb should be; keep it relevant, and save the personal attacks for pm's; if one is so inclined. wouldn't you agree? :)

David Padilla is a House DJ....he was spinning old skool house in NYC before most on this board were born..David was at the forefront of the trance introduction in Miami..and now he's taking his musical style to a higher level....

I have to agree... I'm not much of a DP fan ,but I honestly havent heard him since he was doin thursdayz @ Chilli Pepper a couple of yrs back... I'm willing to to hear what he's all about these dayz...

Has anyone caught one of his recent sets???

oooh my god !!!!!!!!!!

now david padilla has a "new begining at Space" hes a house dj????????lol

he turned his back on house for the last 2-3 years and dove head first into trance and now hes back to house .nice.

newsflash i heard Kenny G is starting to play house again too!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by Nolimit

what personal attacks are u talking about?

first rule of thumb should be to not take msg boards serious. don't u agree?

No I don't agree. I try not to say/type anything on the board that I wouldn't say to someone in person. Thats called integrity.

And if I told you that someone told me that "you were a short, plump, ugly, unemployed loser who's only joy in life is trying to bring others down to his pathetic level." Would you just let is slide because it was on a msg board?

Now tell me Diego, am I being serious or not?

first i have to say, Space is the devils den...it's an array of cheezy overdressed cheap women, and horny pin up wanna-be's with tight shiny shirts....no originality....and no taste in music....on top of that a rude staff and door people with nasty attitudes...hardly epitmizes the underground dance scene....the music is nothing but terrible noise, but then again what do they care, everyone is too f'd up on drugs to know the difference...shall we say overly commercial and lacking any sort of musical purity....DISGUSTING!!!

so it really doesn't matter what dj plays there, it will all sound the same, as they are restricted to the taste or lack thereof savoured by the general space crowd/management.....

:blank: :blank: :blank:

Originally posted by trickycat

first i have to say, Space is the devils den...it's an array of cheezy overdressed cheap women, and horny pin up wanna-be's with tight shiny shirts....no originality....and no taste in music....on top of that a rude staff and door people with nasty attitudes...hardly epitmizes the underground dance scene....the music is nothing but terrible noise, but then again what do they care, everyone is too f'd up on drugs to know the difference...shall we say overly commercial and lacking any sort of musical purity....DISGUSTING!!!

so it really doesn't matter what dj plays there, it will all sound the same, as they are restricted to the taste or lack thereof savoured by the general space crowd/management.....

:blank: :blank: :blank:

strong valid opinion. must agree on ur point

Originally posted by sgtfury

This board is fucking amazing.....i write a negative Space post and everyone jumps up defending Space...now Space is bad and evil again.....HYPOCRITES!!!!

"HYPOCRITES" , nay. self - serving seems a bit more appropriate. it's the Miami board, after all. :laugh: :laugh:

Space has it's good points and it's bad points. The crowd is the only real negative aspect of the club. Most of the people are extremely out of it and could care less who is at the decks. Space gets some of the best visitors, and still has Oscar G. as a great resident.

[

the music is nothing but terrible noise, but then again what do they care, everyone is too f'd up on drugs to know the difference...shall we say overly commercial and lacking any sort of musical purity....DISGUSTING!!!

Space does have some issues w/ there crowd. But Music??? You need to hook me up w/ your dealer bud... In the last 3 months...They've brought down DT, PVD, Deep Dish, Mario Debellis, Tiesto, Judge Jules... I'm not here to defend Space .... But who else is bringing in the talent consistently???

i will agree that space has been bringing in "talent" consistenly as of late, but it doesn't always cater to ones taste. like me for example. but i'm not going to get all critical and voice negativity b/c my taste doesn't actually "fit" within space's musical format.

i just guess others tend to voice their opinions differently. but i won't say that just b/c i dont' like the dj that's spinning there that doesn't mean that there's no talent.

There's nothing wrong with putting down Space. But please, if you do make a negative remark about the place, make it worth while.

The crowd--on average, every weekend, anywhere from 4-5 thousand people and it's a 12 hour + venue. You can't expect everyone to look like models.

The Music--If you can't appreciate it, then go to Bongos. Space brings in the world's top talent on a consistent basis & they do nothing but praise the place. Our Residents, let's just say those guys know their Shhhh...

The doorstaff might not be the kindest at times, but they're working on it.

Security--Try standing for 8-12 hours on back to back nights in a place with 2,500+ peepz a night. Not the easiest task, keeping everyone in line. You should have no problems if you know how to behave.

The VIPs--always full & always goin' off!!!

You can't please everyone... But there's no place like it when it comes down to pure energy!!!

Thanks to all who support & I'll see you for VAN DYK on DEC. 28th...

WE:love:FRIDAYS @ SPACE

Biz (Biznation00@hotmail.com) email me for fri. Dec. 21st guest list

Club Space

www.clubspace.com