Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJs...need your opinion!

. . A record store that I used to frequent down south had one of those hooked up to one of their PA setup listening stations, it was pretty cool to fool around with. . I'd suggest buying it, cause it would be pretty useful not only from a DJ/Performance standpoint, but also a music production standpoint . . .

. .In short, go for it!! . . Once you learn how to use it properly, I'm sure there's a whole host of things you could do with it . . and the effects are pretty neat to boot . .

the pioneer efx is well worth ur $ if ur gonna learn how to use it and not jsut play with the WAH, JET or flanger. once u learn how to toy with the beat efx by samplin, over lappin and so on it can be an amazin toy. but it took me a while to learn and its down in price now to atleast 450.

Originally posted by a_jenkins

Anyone familiar with this? What do you think?

http://www.htfr.com/products/browseprod.php?browseby=bymanu&category=vinyltouch&catno=MR25446&

I own this, and wouldn't do with out it for the world... if you run acapella's over tracks like I do, then this is a must...

also, if you set into one style of music, ala: Progressive Trance, then you don't need to spend your money on this beacuse 95% of all progressive trance tracks are in the "pitch zone"

it's only when you mix up your style, from progressive trance, to house, to progressive house, to funky house, etc. etc.. would you need a pitch correction machine...

Warning: this unit is not cheap, and you must install other hardware into your table to use....

I really would not recommend it for the Beg/Novice DJ... if your into PRO quality mixes, and your mixing skill is above and beyond the normal, then you should look into this unit... if your just a bedroom jock, building your skills, then don't throw your $$$ away on this just yet, there are other toys that need to be lookied into first....

I have the Kaoss efx pad, the Roland ef303, and the Pioneer EFX, out of all 3..

Rating wise

1) Roland EF303 can work wonders for long sets if you know how to use it

2) Korg Kaoss Pad, very touch and go, you gotta memorize the numbers and settings though, and which functions should use the "HOLD" feature.

3) Pioneer is kinda cool, but the sounds on it are played out.

It's mainly preference! :)

Enjoy. Have Fun, that's all that matters.

Originally posted by brooklynkid

just got it on Canal Street for $450.00

can't wait to hook it up! :D

Awww how sweet of you guys to buy me it but my bday is in April.. LoL ;)

Grr, are you talking about Canal Hi Fi ????

I buy all my equipment from Pro Sound & Stage lighting from Caliifornia. They do price matches actually.. I highly suggest you to go to pssl =)

Originally posted by princesslolita

Awww how sweet of you guys to buy me it but my bday is in April.. LoL ;)

Grr, are you talking about Canal Hi Fi ????

I buy all my equipment from Pro Sound & Stage lighting from Caliifornia. They do price matches actually.. I highly suggest you to go to pssl =)

yes. yes that's it. everyone always tells me i'm generous. Hope you enjoy it! :D

I forgot which place on Canal i got it. The thing I like about Canal St. is the instant gratification of walking out with new gear, always in stock, as well as free goodies they throw in cause you paid in cash :D