Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Padilla @ SPACE Review

attomic

OK so I havent been out in a while and decided to go out regardless of who what and where. This decision turned out to be a severe error in judgement. Honestly, I have given Padilla enough chances since his glory days at THE MIX. All I have to say is that it was bad, NO direction at all. One OK song then he would clear the floor like it was closing time. We gladly left to go home and listen to CDs and hang out.

True that, Padilla has come full circle. Not only as a DJ but as a human being. I was very pleased with his set last night. It showed range reminiscent of the early days when he used to play at the Warsaw. Great programing and as always great mixing. I am very impressed with the change. I have known David for 16 years now and he doesn't seize to amaze me. David will be back again next Friday with PVD. Good show David P.

Originally posted by attomic

OK so I havent been out in a while and decided to go out regardless of who what and where. This decision turned out to be a severe error in judgement. Honestly, I have given Padilla enough chances since his glory days at THE MIX. All I have to say is that it was bad, NO direction at all. One OK song then he would clear the floor like it was closing time. We gladly left to go home and listen to CDs and hang out.

not to jump all over your sh*t bro. but, what didn’t you like about the set the track selection, the style, etc? what kind of tracks was he throwing down ? I’m just curious. :)

I grabbed a few images of course. Dave had a decent set, actually. If you were looking for ear-splitting MIX trance, it wasn't there that night.

It was more progressive trance, house mixed in, and a few tech-like tracks for variety. For once Dave did not destroy the sound system, either. I was chatting with some of the Space staff, and the main comment was "We had turn up the power!...UP!"

Gregg, I'm in NYC now tool, call my cell...

Originally posted by spacious

True that, Padilla has come full circle. Not only as a DJ but as a human being. I was very pleased with his set last night. It showed range reminiscent of the early days when he used to play at the Warsaw. Great programing and as always great mixing. I am very impressed with the change. I have known David for 16 years now and he doesn't seize to amaze me. David will be back again next Friday with PVD. Good show David P.

of course what else are you supposed to say you own the damn place ....it was your choice duh !!

i want there this weekend doing all the x mas shopping and family hosting but Padilla doesnt tickle my funny bone.

Jeers to Bugaloo and Spacious for giving thier unpartial reviews ..i wanna hear it from the patrons that were there ...whats up!!???:confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A little History; David was the first to play at Space before Edgar V. but “Mr. Loyalty” Luis Puig got rid of him fast and then hired Edgar V after that the club became Successful. Now he hired Padilla back again. how despicable can you get !

Originally posted by cunzun

A little History; David was the first to play at Space before Edgar V. but “Mr. Loyalty” Luis Puig got rid of him fast and then hired Edgar V after that the club became Successful. Now he hired Padilla back again. how despicable can you get !

yup!