Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OT: Is a club a good place for a first date?

Nope bad idea. First off your date might not feel comfortable in that environment. Second, if either of you isn't a good dancer (namely, your date isn't) the other one is gonna feel really awkward or go nuts, one of the two. Third, it's very loud and there are a lot of distractions.

If you really want to be in that kind of environment I would suggest a nice, plush lounge that's more geared towards chilling and talking but gives you the chance to dance if you want to. Generally you're a little nervous on a first date and you feel most at ease when everything else around you is static - you have that nice little space on the velvet couch together and can chill and talk and relax a bit then dance later if you feel comfortable, rather than being bumped and rubbed against while screaming over music...

Originally posted by deeprock

I'd rather not have to YELL in my date's ear to get to know her. If I did go to a club on a first date it would be after I had gone somewhere else with her--some place quieter; otherwise no, I wouldn't go to a club on a first date, but that's just me.

I agree...and also I think that even if you meet at a club, its important to show your date that you're able to have a good time outside of the club scene as well

Originally posted by deeprock

I'd rather not have to YELL in my date's ear to get to know her. If I did go to a club on a first date it would be after I had gone somewhere else with her--some place quieter; otherwise no, I wouldn't go to a club on a first date, but that's just me.

same here... Id like to get to know the person first see what there all about, id do more of lounge/dinner type of thing or someplace were you can talk and get whacked this way if the night goes well and you like what youve seen and heard you can...and btw b, do you bring sand to the beach when you go???

I THiNK its FiNE to have a first date in a club...By doing that you would also be showing the other person know how much you love clubbing and partying and that its a part of your life...rather than doing things that would never really do, and dont do on a normal basis. And Usually, people who love to go clubbing/partying find someone that dances. I also belive dancing with someone can be at times more intense and personal than having some stupid boring conversation about what you do for a living and how many brothers and sisters you have and what are their ages and do u have a dog...and do you work out out ... and... and... blah.... blah... blah....

i went to a club on my second date with a guy and it was great, but i'm in l.a., where there are patios at every club where you can talk and be heard. (that's because smoking's prohibited inside; the patios are actually really nice and have heaters in the winter :) .) it was cool because we both love to dance (we had met at a club a week and a half earlier), and we could talk when we wanted to - or when we hit awkward silences. perfect.