Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How pathetic is RI??????

Providence hasn't been the same since Babyhead shut down...

Pulse eats it, Hell is nothing, The Strand - isn't that a parking garage now? I miss working there and Lupo's... they sometimes had some good acts come through.

Y'all might also be forgetting Ft. Lauderdale, LMAO...

Confetti's, I watched a kid get his head kicked in by two bouncers one night in 1995... cops roll up to the beat-down in the middle of Charles St., toss the kid in the back of their van, and take off, the bouncers head back inside.

Metropolis, Complex, feh... And the 'other' places... mirabar, etc.... I don't know how I survived there for 5 years!

ichi

Originally posted by djjonstephen

You double plosted there swiftone...........

thanks i noticed thta one too my computer timed out...

but to the last post. babyhead! wow haven't herad thta one in a while and lupos i have seen one peson get stabbed on the corner by the church and the next week somone get shot... yeah right.

and then there was that place on wednesday night... shooters? with the top floor opened up and the pool...

god such mememories lol. :laugh:

Originally posted by nycchic24

and then there was that place on wednesday night... shooters? with the top floor opened up and the pool...

god such mememories lol. :laugh:

OMFG, Shooters! India Point, down by the Hurricane Barrier... Shooters, where all the chest hair and gold chains from Roger Wheeler beach congregated mid-week. Watched a bunch of drunk clowns get on the wrong boat after leaving there, somehow got the wrong boat running, and proceeded to take out 3 other boats, including their own, before finally almost getting off the dock... they got busted, and it wasn't long afterward that Shooters closed and became something else...

Fish Co. "after hours," Viva!, Basha... a couple others on Thayer St.... Capriccio and Cafe Nuovo for their bar scene... The Green Room/Snookers for a pool hall - more than several times I got poured out of there - and a few times with some VERY underage kids from school - and the Wickenden Pub and Olivers... as designated driver. ohmy. I was a bad influence on the kids, i guess... Driving from Providence back up to Smithfield (Bryant College), or to Johnston (Killingly St. when I moved there) or to Wakefield (when I moved down to Tuckertown Road...)... what a friggin disaster... Speaking of disasters, is the Ocean Mist still alive?

OK, this is bad, suddenly I am thinking of making reservations for Al Forno and taking a ride up there for the hell of it... LOL

ichi

Fish Co. "after hours," Viva!, Basha... a couple others on Thayer St.... Capriccio and Cafe Nuovo for their bar scene... The Green Room/Snookers for a pool hall - more than several times I got poured out of there - and a few times with some VERY underage kids from school - and the Wickenden Pub and Olivers... as designated driver. ohmy. I was a bad influence on the kids, i guess... Driving from Providence back up to Smithfield (Bryant College), or to Johnston (Killingly St. when I moved there) or to Wakefield (when I moved down to Tuckertown Road...)... what a friggin disaster... Speaking of disasters, is the Ocean Mist still alive?

Holly shit ichi-gami. Tuckertown? I lived on Kingstown Road for a while and on South Road for years.

You're bringing out all the old names. Fish-Co, Green Room. Remember Hell? That place used to be cool for us underage nutcases, but now its turned to shit with their hip hop/techno wannabe DJ.......forgot who he is.

Howabout Mecca???????

Remember Mecca? The thug and drug club. Everytime I went there I either saw a brawl or was involved in one. What a shitthole. Thank God they closed it down.

The Ocean Mist.:laugh:

That place is going underwater anytime now. It does bring in the best Reggae acts in southern NE, but that ain't my shit. No rastafarianism for me, although some of my old friends are into that now. Always good to keep in touch, they got THE BEST herb.

I worked at The Spain in Narragansett as a waiter.

Remember Barry's in Warwick. I spun there one night and never got asked back because the owner told me to spin songs I never put on......

They were songs like Till I Come, Better Off Alone, Extacy, etc. Fuck It.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Howabout Mecca???????

Remember Mecca? The thug and drug club. Everytime I went there I either saw a brawl or was involved in one. What a shitthole. Thank God they closed it down.

I worked at The Spain in Narragansett as a waiter.

Remember Barry's in Warwick. I spun there one night and never got asked back because the owner told me to spin songs I never put on......

They were songs like Till I Come, Better Off Alone, Extacy, etc. Fuck It.

Mecca!! :eek::puke::yuck:

Spain, ehh? You probably waited on me once or twice ;) I also went to the Coast Guard House to get my drink on (BEST place during big storms!) Black Point Bar (great pool tables when they first opened), and, yeah, even though I was living on Tuckertown, I rented a summer house on Sand Hill Cove Road (how frgiggin rhode island can you get?!?), so I could stagger/crawl home from Charlie O's and have some very very drunk parties without wrecking my own house LOL. I'd go to Mews when I wanted to do that!! I think I had about $20 on the ceiling there at one point... There was also a decent French restaurant in Wakefield... until some silly bastard decided to drive through it. I don't know if you were out there when a small place called the South Shore Grill was there... I am still friendly with the former owners of that place. Last real effort at a restaurant that Narragansett had.

And Barry's, yeah, I heard of it but never went. Oh well, ya can't be EVERYwhere!

You're killin me here, I've started dropping my Rs again, thirsting for a Del's, and wondering if Doug White and that frog-faced dude with the hair helmet are still on TV. This is terrible, wanting to go back... LOL

ichi :rainbow:

Damn ichi...........

I'm heading to Charli O's as we speak.

You probably would recognize me from The Spain, although we all look the same there............just for people to gawk at.

The Mews..................69 taps.

The French Restaurant is now called Quattro's.

Bro, you're chillin about Del's lemonade.........I just wanna eat some d'Angelo's right about now.

Believe me, I do not want to stay too long............but it is cool you want to go back, I guess.

Hey, another RhodyBro in the house..........I like.

I'm friends with the owner of Charlie's, you know, Charlie.......He'll buy me a $20 top shelf Jose Cuervo Reserve shot when I show.

Gotta talk more to ya about this

i'd have to say i wasn't that much into ri! lol i quit the ri scene after 19 and i absolutely refused to go to the Fish Company bc that was a hs reunion there i heard. but i do remember most of those places. thank god i am outta there too! ;) although i do still enjoy Newport and the "ABC" :)

Originally posted by nycchic24

i'd have to say i wasn't that much into ri! lol i quit the ri scene after 19 and i absolutely refused to go to the Fish Company bc that was a hs reunion there i heard. but i do remember most of those places. thank god i am outta there too! ;) although i do still enjoy Newport and the "ABC" :)

Newport - Christie's, only because the old owners were family friends... Dave @ Acquidneck Seafood might still remember me... bodysurfing off first beach... Harbor Hill, great dinner with the rooms there.

ichi