Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Could you picture of they Let Jonathan Peters do a Jersey club on a Friday?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL......thats funny.....he does play songs forever but obviously he wouldn't do that in jerzy......I remember when in your eyes first came out we timed how long he played the beat and the vocal for......it came out to 36 minutes.....but it wasn't annoying....

he played aftermath before it became commercial for that long also.....but he can actually get away with it.

Originally posted by djdanfury

I think the 2 best choices would be Bunka or Metro......both places hold a lot of people and draw a good crowd....... Joeys, Image, and abyss would also be good places....but not as good as the first 2..........

When Did Tenaglia play @ Image?????? thats news to me.....

He was at Image In may. we're bringing him back in Feb. I'll keep everyone posted!

It sucks that he has a contract with Sound Factory, but could you picture how sick that would be?

Well you figure on the average he does 12hr sets and at the most maybe on a good night, really good night 6 tracks. So thats an average of 12/6=1 tracks every 2 hours

So lets do the math in Jersey...... at the most he would spin 3hrs in Jersey..... 3/2=1.5..... so that is a track and a 1/2

To me that would not be to sick of night.

Guest bonsolidd

FIrst of all......SYlons......Bon was saying retarted meaning amazing....and he said he has been trying to book JP for years from what I read.........Bon?

Secondly, without Central and North Jersey........SF would not have an after hours party.....jersey comprises at least 50% of the JP sat party......so being able to handle JP is not even an issue.....

I even think, i actually know that people from NY would travel to see him Jersey... ...merry xmas by the way...........

Retarded = Amazing

DAN'S on POINT! thanx for the save............ some people have different lingos I guess?:)

Sneaky Pete's is the club in Albany that you are all talking about... It is by far the best place in Albany... there really aren't any other clubs in Albany (just bars that think they're clubs). It holds about 1500 people, but hasn't been that busy lately. When they bring up a big dj it is usually pretty good, but that is usually on Thursday. They've had JP, Skribbles, and Vicious there. Russ Reign spins there on occasion too. Albany is still a college town and the nightlife is pretty rough...All the clubs and bars are open to 4am. so no afterhours... It kinda sucks that upstate doesn't know how to party yet.. but if you are looking for a pretty good time check out this place...

If you want any more info on Albany just let me know....

Originally posted by chrisf11

I don't know about the tri state stipulation in JP's contract, because he plays occasionally in Hartford which is less than a couple of hours away. I think he's just restricted to SF in the New York boroughs.

from the booking agents ive called they wont allow him in the tristate from what i was told. and beleive it or not he's cheaper to book than tennaglia.

Originally posted by pumavisor808

Of course he's cheaper than Tenaglia. I don't see JP heading over to Space in Ibiza to paly a show anytime soon. Do people over in Europe even know who he is???? Don't get me wrong, I think he's great and all, but I would classify JP as a world class DJ....

i personally think JP is an amazing dj. the build up. the anticipation. when the beat drops after waiting an hour. the exhiliration. and ohh the remixes. obladi oblada, like a prayer, love is in the air. personal fav's.

but tennaglia on the other hand. the vibe, energy. is fantastic. i havent made it to vinyl in the past 3 or 4 weeks. and i missed one hell of a time this friday I was told. oh well. Ill be there in the next few weeks and if allgoes as planned he'll be here as well.

Originally posted by ablane

i saw jp at some club in boston (can't remember the name, avalon or avon or something like that) over a year ago. he ripped it up, nothing commerical and the crowd loved it. if he came to jersey it would be amazing, but there aren't any spaces that hold enough people - it would be way too packed and to have to go home at 2??? that would suck.

the place you are referring to IS Avalon, great place, been there a few times to see JP and PvD...

yeah .....kosta that life goes on song.....kills everything.....i thought it was okay when i first heard it, but it is just drags on way too long...... i think its by Mike Ski

thanks

Im gonna see if i could find it

Originally posted by kostaP

i like the beatles. but the way he seems to seems to transform even the simplest, (old) song like that into something that gets a crowd moving is pure genius.

I guess we cant get the Jersey cheese out of you yet. lol. j/k

:D :D :D