Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Snowboarding..::yahooooooooo:

I'm not too much of a boarder at all, I just ski now since its what I'm better at.......which is kinda weird considering I used to skate.

Only cause when I tried snowboarding back in the day, I broke my ass so bad I couldn't sit through school.........so I had to skip:D

I think its more fun to ski.........more speed.

Best places to go snowboarding are up north. Go to Stratton or Sunday River. Those places have quite a share of the mountain dedicated to the boarding faithful.

Originally posted by codica3

Ahh! I wanna learn to snowboard SO BAD! *but I'm so scared I'm gonna bust my face or something* :(:tongue:;):D

I'll show you the ropes anyday...just remember that it's a sharp learning curve, but once you got the basics down you're gonna love riding down the mountain. Also, wait for some good snow to hit our area.:)

Originally posted by trancerxn112

Snow does not suck... im going to Killington Friday- Tuesday im gonna be boarding all weekend baby... stop for New Years to hitup a bar... and then go snowboarding after the ball drops oh baby

lucky ass, my family used to go to killington every winter until this year! that place rocks.

Do you guys seriously like Killington?

That is one of my least favorite mountains. Too many people, too many tourists, people who don't know how to ski, families, people showing off equipment that don't know how to use it, assholes that go there to hang out in the lodge..........the list goes on and on.

I like the mountains that have less families, more vertical drop, better trails, more 15-30 year olds that get sick with their tricks and speed.

I'll take Stratton or Sunday River any day.

stratton kicks ass...killington is pretty good too, but I always go during midweek to avoid "the element" (i.e., tourists, first-time skiers, new gear show-offs who stick to the green trails, bus-loads of kids on organized trips who keep asking where the rental shop/lockers are)

Originally posted by brooklynkid

let's be clear about which snow sucks. brooklyn snow sucks. NJ turnpike snow sucks.

Mountain snowboarding snow rocks :D

scopin' out some midnight snow on a new york or hoboken street corner, extra-visible and gorgeous under a streetlamp; that kinda snow is the best.

and to correct your statement: nj turnpike snow REALLY sucks.