Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I popped my cherry at Pseudo

bogb

You can call me Bogdan trainwrack. Last night was the first time I spun away from home. Cool place, grate ppl, what more can u ask for. I was so fucking nervous, that I had pounded a couple of beers before my set to calm me down.

8:45 back room time for me to go on. Belly gives me a rundown of the mixer and I’m on. Got to mix into a hip-hop set and the decks are sideways OK here we go. First record on the deck Rui De Silva - Touch Me [Double 99 Mix]. I’m fucking nervous as all hell. Time for me to lift the needle out of the cartel and place it on the record, pretty fuckn ez right? WRONG. You try doing that when your hand is shaking worst than a San Francisco earthquake. After dropping it in the middle of the track and a few times I completely missed the record, some how I managed to get the needle at the beginning of the track and now I’m queuing. Now I’m queued up(so I thought) . Bang…bang… bang… bang… Sounds right on in the headphones, now slide the fader from the left towards the middle and then gradually proceed all the way to the right. Bang…bang… bang… bang… binbing… deebang.ding. Dam its a fuckn trainwrack. Ok try to recover.. slow it down…no, no… speed it up…. not quite working… fader has completed only half of it jurny….Ok Ok paln B, there is no pan B, ok just move the fader slowly all the way to the right. Holy shit what a disaster. Finally the fader reached its destination and my first record is on. 43 minutes to go. HA HA now next record. MOREL – TRUE(Deep Dish remix). This time the needle ended up on the record on the first shot. Now I’m a little bit more relaxed. I don’t know how that mix went, I was completely zoned out, can anyone tell me? I cant quite explain how the next 20 or so minutes went. I now the tracks but cant quite tell you what order I played them in. I completely blackout. 3 or 4 tracks later I regained conciseness. Well the beers I had before my set did not help, now they just made me want to pee in the middle of my set. I should have tried some weed instead. Oh well at least the brought me back to Earth. I looked up and “Holy shit I got some people in my room?” what a feeling. I spun a few more hit tracks of this pats year, a couple more trainwracks next thing I know my set is over. Dam 45 minutes goes by fast.

All in all I had a blast. I destroyed a few grate tracks and I apologize. If you ppl had tomatos or something else to throw at me I defiantly deserved to be pegged. I know this must have been said before but I’ll say it again “At home I’m not that bad. My mixes are log and smooth, like butter.” For the rest of the week I’ll be back behind my tables spinning till I drop, or the neighbors complain that it 2am and they have to work the next day, I’ll get some more tracks, and I’ll be back. As they say “try and try again till you get it right” and that’s what I’ll do. Sorry for being so long winded but I hat to get it off my chest. Thanks to the ppl that gave me tips and support last night I had a grate time.

C U ALL next week and have a

Happy New Year

Bogdan.

thats killer, congrats. way to go on getting out there and spinning in front of ppl. don't worry about the fuckups, that shit happens, you'll get better with the confidence of being out there.

shit i don't even have to balls to get a set of turntables for my room.

Originally posted by bogb

m fucking nervous as all hell. Time for me to lift the needle out of the cartel and place it on the record, pretty fuckn ez right? WRONG. You try doing that when your hand is shaking worst than a San Francisco earthquake. After dropping it in the middle of the track and a few times I completely missed the record, some how I managed to get the needle at the beginning of the track

:laugh: :laugh: Wow I totally Feel YA!!! I had the same experience my first Time!!!! I actually thought I was gonna pass out:shake: :shake: :shake:

Originally posted by brooklynkid

...not to mention there was like a 1/4 second delay between the mixer and the speakers...OUCH! I had to mix totally in the headphones...

Ya what the fuck causes that?

I never had that shit before last night.(not that I used a lot different of systems)

did it get better?:(

Yeah it got better, cuz I realized I was spinning for a bunch of Guidos that couldn't even tell the difference....But it definetely did not go way I wished it did...Spinning at home is sooo MUCH easier:D :D

PS...At least Now i Know I can never become SURGEON:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

I never had that shit before last night.(not that I used a lot different of systems)

my guess is that huge rack of processors it had to go through before finally getting to the speakers. I've seen it before but never that bad...

. . I'm assuming that you're talking about the back room. . The reason it happens is cause you didn't have any monitors behind the booth pumping the zone right off the mixer. . .

. . when the signal travels through the rack, each component it goes through processes the sound, adding a slight amount of lag to the time it takes the sound to leave the mixer and arrive in the bassbins . . The more components you have, the worse the lag will be . . Normally one can compensate, but with a setup like what was back there, they needed to have proper monitors . .

Quit your biatching Bog. You probably performed better than I did my first time, which was also at pseudo a couple weeks ago. I must say though, that book you wrote very accurately captures that first time feeling.

Keep working on it bro. See you next Thursday.

- Ron

Originally posted by fierydesire

I just got you confused with someone else. But now I know..I need to lay off the crack haha

Every time I c u you’re confused and if I’ll c u tonight at Vinyl you’re probably going to be confused again.

I think you got the right person but the wrong name ny name is “Bog” not bob.

Every time I c u you’re confused and if I’ll c u tonight at Vinyl you’re probably going to be confused again.

I think you got the right person but the wrong name ny name is “Bog” not bob.

I'll remember..his name wasn't even Bob:rolleyes: I need to get my head straight...