Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vinyl Review (12/28/01)

Daaaaaaaaaymn, the place was packed.

I arrived at 4:00 to wait on line a good 45 min as they allowed people to leave the club, so we could get in!

As we walked in, BAM, hundreds of types of mixed people all with the same great vibe and created an aura last night that was pretty dope.

Danny played tons of old tracks, as well as threw down some new evil stuff.... is it just me, but lately he has been playing some really hard stuff once in awile?

Closed it out around 9:45, and the place was still pretty packed, I left about 25 min after he dropped the synthapella and was rockin the accapella to "I Feel Loved"

Anyway, it was a night not to be forgotten! (Place went bonkers when "Dont! Don't you want me!" came on! woohoo!)

Peace

Justin

Originally posted by djustinh

Closed it out around 9:45, and the place was still pretty packed, I left about 25 min after he dropped the synthapella and was rockin the accapella to "I Feel Loved"

Anyway, it was a night not to be forgotten! (Place went bonkers when "Dont! Don't you want me!" came on! woohoo!)

Peace

Justin

you didnt miss too much after that....he played a lot of obscure disco tracks and what sounded like very gay-pride themish tunes...

dont you want me was nuts though...and he did play very hard.....justin, how would u compare that to his normal sets? last night was my first DT experience

BG

Originally posted by ibclubbin

you didnt miss too much after that....he played a lot of obscure disco tracks and what sounded like very gay-pride themish tunes...

dont you want me was nuts though...and he did play very hard.....justin, how would u compare that to his normal sets? last night was my first DT experience

BG

hmmm...DT is actually been playing pretty hard for a while, so I would say that after 7ish, Vinyl was no more than a regular Fri Be Yourself with the music he was droppin....pretty characteristic of his sets...but non the less OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!

Originally posted by ibclubbin

BG

Actually, a lot of the tracks that Danny played for the last hour were extremely important tracks as far as the history of house music goes.

I didn't know that "gay pride sounding" was a new genre of house music.