Clubplanet Nightlife Community

An idea for all NYCP'ers - IMPORTANT

Hey everyone!

In light of the beginning of Bloomberg's mayoral career in NY, and the impression that Giuliani's anti-nightlife policies left on all of us, I was thinking that we owe it all to ourselves to express our support for the nightlife scene to the new mayor. They say that political bodies consider every letter to express the opinion of several hundred to several thousand people because so few people actually take the time to write. So imagine what an impression it could make if we all write?

It doesn't have to be extravagant or anything but just something to express how important the clubs are to us, to the city and its culture as a whole, and what a unique environment the clubs present (that, if ruined, would be a major loss for everyone). Let me know if you're up to join me in this (it doesn't matter if you live within the 5 boroughs or not, you can live anywhere and still write in and make a difference!) and I will post an address soon to send the letters to!

How about if I write one and post it here, then you guys can just cut and paste it and add or delete to your liking? Better?

I just feel it's mad important that we express ourselves and really put the true clubgoers on the political map as active, intelligent and reponsible members of the community!! :bounce:

Sounds like a Plan! Just a quick note on Mayor Mike. I sincerely doubt he is gonna mess with the club scene. In his speech yesterday he said that we will recover more as our businesses do continue to improve. Well incase no one read the article in NEW YORK MAGAZINE a couple of months back. NYC's nightclubs makes more revenue in one weekend than Broadway does all year. Mayor Mike knows there is a lot of tax money that comes from these venues. He will take a business man's approach. He may regulate but I think NYC nightclub be fine with him as a mayor. Vixen good looking out we'll guide him incase he ever loses his way.

Pataki pretty much crippled the night life at my school

maybe we could start a petition to repeal the 'bar-hopping' law that went into effect on thanksgiving of 99

does anyone else remember how inexpensive drinks at bars were before then??

I like this idea of writing to Bloomberg

whatever people decide on... I'm in!

Just so we're clear and we actually get a message out...each letter has to come from a different address, with a stamp...that 34 cents counts a lot in the political world because they consider it a sign that people actually care enough to go get a stamp and put it in the mail...capice?

Also...for every one letter, they count it as 10,000 votes so if you're feel like you don't matter, write a letter and watch the politicians squirm....

my 2 cents...

:)

OK great response so far, I will type up a letter and post it here tomorrow, just copy, add waht you like and send it out (I will include an address too)

CCD ~ Good to know he's seeing the clubs in a positive light! I figure it can only help to let him know he's got a good group of people out there too, kind of puts a face to that tax revenue :)