Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What next for Space?

cooljunkie

Do alot of the nyc big names come down here ???

Any other clubs DT played in besides Space ?!?!?

2 more questions... can i get info on the after hours " Church "

and a club " Shadow lounge " ?!?!?!

are they still going and whee are they ?!?!

~rek

dt doesn't spin anywhere other than space when he comes down here. at least to the best of my knowledge.

church isn't what it used to be since it left groove jet. not even sure where it's at now. shadow lounge is gone. liquid (no not the same one that used to be next to the cameo/crobar) has opened up in it's place. they just bought the rights to the name.

imo - best afterhours is at space. period.

huh, we'll see what BBL will pull out of they're sleeves with the new management team and should be interesting to watch. I havent even stepped foot in BBL yet and maybe I will if things change. I wouldnt rule Space out completely. They have a nice little trick up they're sleeve in the coming months, just think Pappa like :) ....

I hear they have Andrew Coe stopping by shortly, as well.

Anyway, Emi may be able to revive Billboard from the dead, as it were.

For the love of god, I hope he brings someone who knows soundsystems into that place, for dance music the system is horrid.

I waz on SoBe this weekend and I did see Liquids in a new location. I do remember it next to Crobar and I remember goin and not liking the music. This was maybe summer00'

Does the new liquids look like the old shadowlounge ??

I waz told that Shadow was off the hook inside and I never had the chance to see it. daum !

Can't wait to hitup one of these clubs and get it out of my system. Wazup with this Fri ????

I'll go.. my girl haz to work late and she don't like trance anywayz, so Im free... Let me know if yah want to meet up with a newbe to miami from nyc...

latazzzz

from a fan & an employee @ SPACE......

I ask you this...

Where else can you go to loose your mind,

Hear huge slamming djs,-aside from the resident cats

(roland/oscar g/ivano bellini) oh, david padilla too...

party w/ thousands of friends/hot chiks, (hook up)

hang out in 3 huge rooms (red-blue-basement)

& a kick ass patio.....

other than CLUB SPACE?

Aside from whoevers behind the captains chair, it really comes down to us/all of miami. (club planet) (planet earth)

"the fans".....

(party go-ers-clubbers-muzic lovers)

this board is viewed by many individuals that can make a difference.

shroomy: I totally agree.

I love

CLUB SPACE

Bugaloo

I dont really understand the nature of cooljunkie's question..."what is next for club space".....Space has really not missed a beat...if anyone was there over the weekend..the place was f'n packed....In spite of all the critism...Space will continue to do well without Emi, without Edgar..there is really noone that is paramount to Space other that Luis himself...

Originally posted by bugaloooo

from a fan & an employee @ SPACE......

I ask you this...

Where else can you go to loose your mind,

Hear huge slamming djs,-aside from the resident cats

(roland/oscar g/ivano bellini) oh, david padilla too...

party w/ thousands of friends/hot chiks, (hook up)

hang out in 3 huge rooms (red-blue-basement)

& a kick ass patio.....

other than CLUB SPACE?

Aside from whoevers behind the captains chair, it really comes down to us/all of miami. (club planet) (planet earth)

"the fans".....

(party go-ers-clubbers-muzic lovers)

this board is viewed by many individuals that can make a difference.

shroomy: I totally agree.

I love

CLUB SPACE

Bugaloo

nice .. :) Space is maturing as a club, and it's impressive to see. politics aside it's one of south florida’s top clubs.

"party go-ers-clubbers-muzic lovers" that's what its all about…

Originally posted by pod

I hear they have Andrew Coe stopping by shortly, as well.

Anyway, Emi may be able to revive Billboard from the dead, as it were.

For the love of god, I hope he brings someone who knows soundsystems into that place, for dance music the system is horrid.

BBL is a weird layout for a club.....I don't know if it will ever take off?????? It's definatley more suited for live bands than a dance club.

Space has troubles thats for sure ..will they be able to survive it ...maybe

Emi thier heart and soul left ....thier nice humble crowd fav DJ EDGAR v is gone and i hear Oscar g is jumping ship too and headed for BillBoard live too.

IF THAT HAPPENS SPACE IS SCREWED. THE TO LOCAL POWERHOUSE RESIDENTS.

NOT TO MENTION EMI AND HIS CONNECTIONS TO BOOKINGS COME ALONG TOO.

THERE WILL BE A NICE CAT FIGHT TO GET TALENT AMONG THESE VENUES.....BESIDES THE TALENT AND 24 HOUR LICENSE SPACE IS JUST ANOTHER REPLACABLE PLACE

IT SEEMS LIKE THE RESULT OF AN EGO MANIC OWNER WIPED OUT A GOOD THING.

BUGALOO, YOU BROUGHT UP GOOD POINTS BUT IF THE CORE OF SPACE EVAPORATES WHATS LEFT???

THE TEAM THEY ARE BUILDING AT BILLBOARD IS PRETTY IMPRESIVE IF YOUVE BEEN CLUBBING FOR A WHILE YOU KNWO THE CHARACTERS INVOLVED HAVE A NICE REPUTABLE RESUME.:eek::idea::eek::idea:

I'm sure LuisPuig has an answer to the challenges that lie ahead. His relentless pursuit of success still burns & whether you happen to be Pro or Anti-space you have to respect his accomplishments.

Emi Guerra will succeed where ever he goes. He is a great leader & one of the few who's passion for the business will surface through his work ethic & success (which happens to rub off on those who surround him). Be sure that where ever he is, he will make a difference.

Bugaloo couldn't of said it better. Space offers top notch talent, equipment, and sound. There might be alot of places that make you smile, but there's only one that allows you to go bonkers & still feel right at home!!

Proud to be a Space Employee!!

WE LOVE FRIDAYS @ SPACE

Big Thanks to all who support!!

Biz

Club Space

www.clubspace.com

I can understand pride in your place, but the statements from Biz and Bugaloo border on scripted. If I worked there, I would be defensive, sure, but not to the point of leaving the caps lock on and constantly repeating the obvious. We know Space has a great soundsystem, hell search for the thread where I 'deconstruct' it, as it were...we know Space has a 24 hour permit...stop stating the obvious.

Louis P. may indeed be the 'paramount' figure in Space. It was his talent and vision that caused the place to be to begin with. All respect to him for that. No one else even considered downtown as a viable venue when Space was conceived.

But you have to admit the loss of Edgar, and now Emi Guerra, is something to not take lightly....

I'm sure he has a backup plan, but still, I'd be a bit worried.

Originally posted by sobeton

what will the next space topic be? Hmm.. : will Louis Puig run for mayor of miami ?

will Beyondo replace Emi at space ? will Space take over the Billboard location ?

stay tuned … :laugh:

they would have to come up with some hefty change to make me leave my current job/business....

though anyone with common sense can lead them to the right direction

:idea:

Originally posted by sgtfury

Once again, Beyondo has proved that he has a dildo in his head instead of a brain....Space is doing what it has done since it opened...THRIVING....

sgtfury it shows your absolute stupidity here....... "thriving"...that place isnt thriving now its got a bit of turbulance and problems now ..will it survive at the end maybe

But Edgar V leaving/fired ..and Emi the core of the club leaving is enough to worry (as stated by pod).

you get his "promoters" here defending of course ...theyre shaking in their boots now they have to pick up the load of a speeding train with no brakes .and stop it before it hits the wall

If indeed the rumor of Oscar G leaving is true the Marines can start preparing a 3 gun salute for Space Padilla cannot do it alone (no sgtfury i know hes ur bud but open ur eyes)

and Emi is said to have major influence and contacts with bookings which all in all is really the backbone of Space -the talent

thier customer skills arent good as noted by anyone

not long ago Shadow Lounge was the "music" club with talent ..we all know that is was distant in our memories now....

if Billboard gets talent Space will too

the new core at BillBoard is so Impresive -just watch

Biz Bugaloo lets see if you can pull people in now...

its easy to take credit for 3000 people when van dyk is there can u do the same for Padilla, or some half ass DJ??????:i :idea: :idea:

"sgtfury it shows your absolute stupidity here....... "thriving"...that place isnt thriving now its got a bit of turbulance and problems now ..will it survive at the end maybe"

beyondo....please remove the old piece of umbilical cord that is still wrapped around your neck...it is obviously continues to restrcit the flow of oxygen to your brain, as it did when you were a infant.....have you been to Space lately??....bottom line..3000 to 4000 people....

despite who the owner is, who the manager is, who works at the door..and to some degree, who the dj is....Space is the best club in miami...and opened 24 hours....NOTHING COMPARES TO IT....

PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!....there is life after Edgar V. Space will continute to bring in big talents and kep packing its dancefloors. Space is a fine example of a nightclub and me personaly, I dont think space is going anywhere anytime soon. Thrive on the music, people, and SEX!. wooooohoooo go SPACEE:eek: